Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,714 comments
But nevertheless, nice to score a TOP5 in a GTWS race
It is a good result.

On a side note, I don’t think you need to package and send us your monitor in order to prove it. We believe you, honestly. ;)

1675869751062.jpeg

I got to race alongside the man himself today; Kie!

I had some good practice and managed to get the 3rd best overall time, just before the first race started at least, only 1 tenth away from number 1. Admittedly, I didn't see any big names taking part...maybe they don't like the car?

First race was a bit of a bust, quali was a disaster, but still managed to go up places and end in 4th. 2nd race went much better however, and I qualified on pole. Had a bit of trouble with a penalty but managed to fight back into 1st by the end of the last lap with a beautiful overtake around the outside of that hairpin i don't know the name of...

316 points, very happy with that.

I was looking forward to this race, since I'm decent with road cars :) Yeah, for the spectators this race might put you to sleep, but for the drivers focus was needed :rolleyes: At least the last lap was exciting :lol:

Last edited:
Meh. Started 13th, finished 11th. Got stuck in no mans land between groups, lonely race. Couldn’t figure out the braking zones but at least no issues with the MT. Didn’t beat my top score for the season.

Really getting wound up by these absurdly short qualifying times honestly.
It's absolutely infuriating getting your one or two chances at a lap ruined because the person in front of you is slower or makes a mistake etc. I had the person in front of me mess up at the chicane this qualifying, so as they were coming back onto the track they hit into me and ruined both my current lap and my next lap - not a big deal but hey those are the only two laps I get. So quali is over for me.

The flying lap is always filled with people stopping in the middle of the track to make a gap or whatever too but it just causes a pileup instead. Just get out the way and drive, man.

Like, the slots are an hour long, why is qualifying 5 minutes? So stupid.

Last edited:
It's absolutely infuriating getting your one or two chances at a lap ruined because the person in front of you is slower or makes a mistake etc. I had the person in front of me mess up at the chicane this qualifying, so as they were coming back onto the track they hit into me and ruined both my current lap and my next lap - not a big deal but hey those are the only two laps I get. So quali is over for me.

The flying lap is always filled with people stopping in the middle of the track to make a gap or whatever too but it just causes a pileup instead. Just get out the way and drive, man.

That is why I try to get out there first. If I can make it around before everyone else, then I have no one in my way on my flying lap. It only works of course if I can make it around before someone catches me.....

Well, I think I win the most ridiculous penalty award for this round.

I can't get my head around how PD thought 5 second wall penalties was a good idea!! What are they trying to prevent by doing so?
With such high penalties its guaranteed to create dirty driving because the rewards for punting someone into the wall are so great. Surely the standard 1.5 secs would have sufficed

Me pulling an Alonso during Manu/Nations quali... :lol:

99gd5qizzf291.jpg

I kid, I don't do that noise. The qualifying is a mess in these series. I've complained about it before.

I prefer to head out on track as one of the last drivers usually. If you did the math, you realised there was only time for 2 timed laps in quali yesterday. So it did not matter, if you went you the track at 5 min mark or 4 min mark, you still get 2 timed laps. I only consider heading early to the track when I get an extra lap out of it, and even then I might not do it.

I actually prefer the 5 min quali, as I am not really a hotlapper, so there is more emphasis on consistency. Compared to daily race qualies where players have millions of tries to get 1 very good lap.

The only time i ever mash the throttle to get out first during qualifying is if i can see i'm in the garage nearest to the exit :lol: otherwise i'll leave it 30 seconds before leaving.
for some odd reason every race in GT7 i come out first or second at qualifying. :confused:
So I mash and should i ever get out in the middle of the pack i just go off throttle till there is a big anough gap before and behind me.
If i am correct since this last series you have tyrewear again in qualifying? if so then i likely change my method pending on the amount of tyrewear. If only + one then i mash to try to go out first. If tyrewear is high then i take my time and go last and conserve the tyres a bit.

for some odd reason every race in GT7 i come out first or second at qualifying. :confused:
So I mash and should i ever get out in the middle of the pack i just go off throttle till there is a big anough gap before and behind me.
If i am correct since this last series you have tyrewear again in qualifying? if so then i likely change my method pending on the amount of tyrewear. If only + one then i mash to try to go out first. If tyrewear is high then i take my time and go last and conserve the tyres a bit.
Yeah pretty much the same as me when wear is high. Having a PS5 helps as you load in quicker too!

And they use up how much of that time with the overblown GTWS Series intro and grid flyover instead? :banghead:

Quali frustrates me too. It seems like nobody has any racing etiquette and just piles into quali with no thought or care in the world.

Gaps - Always leave a gap. If the car ahead is slow or makes a mistake by building a gap it should give you chance to complete a lap.
Outlaps - if you decide to reset and jump back out onto the track get out of people’s ways! The amount of times I’m crossing the line to start a quali lap and they exit the pit lane without a care in the world and block you or they are going slow in the middle of the track too.
Outlap gaps - most annoying one for sure is on the outlap and everyone goes to track at the same time. In sector 3 I try to make a gap but people don’t seem to notice this and just decide to overtake you or others.

Normally I will wait in the pits for 45 seconds to let others get some distance so I have a nice gap, but the 5 mins quali makes that a little harder to wait too long in the pits.

——————

Manufactures on Saturday.
Has anyone done any proper testing for this event? I’ve only done 7 or 8 laps as I’m struggling to find any enjoyment on GT7 at the minute. I assume it’s just a damp track for maybe 6 laps then Hards till the end?

Quali frustrates me too. It seems like nobody has any racing etiquette and just piles into quali with no thought or care in the world.

Gaps - Always leave a gap. If the car ahead is slow or makes a mistake by building a gap it should give you chance to complete a lap.
Outlaps - if you decide to reset and jump back out onto the track get out of people’s ways! The amount of times I’m crossing the line to start a quali lap and they exit the pit lane without a care in the world and block you or they are going slow in the middle of the track too.
Outlap gaps - most annoying one for sure is on the outlap and everyone goes to track at the same time. In sector 3 I try to make a gap but people don’t seem to notice this and just decide to overtake you or others.

Normally I will wait in the pits for 45 seconds to let others get some distance so I have a nice gap, but the 5 mins quali makes that a little harder to wait too long in the pits.

——————

Has anyone done any proper testing for this event? I’ve only done 7 or 8 laps as I’m struggling to find any enjoyment on GT7 at the minute. I assume it’s just a damp track for maybe 6 laps then Hards till the end?
In FP the track dries enough for Hards by Lap 5, and it's 100% dry by Lap 10 or 11 (I only noticed at Lap 11, but it could've been bone dry by Lap 10). There was also no "dry line" formation - the entire track surface dried uniformly.

So I spent a good 30-40 minutes practicing laps in the World Series yesterday but only got in 2 races. First one I qualified 8th and finished 8th. Second one I got a better livery and shaved 2 seconds from my time and got pole. In this second race I managed to be able to keep the lead and finish first with a clean race bonus as well.

Then I wait for the site to update, but it certainly ain't showing my win and is only showing the finish in 8th:
Untitled.jpg

I have the replay saved and downloaded it from my PS5 but don't do any type of social media to be able to upload it to be hosted free online and provide a link and its too large to zip and attach here. I shared it so it can be seared for in game and seen using keywords: Win!!! /or DarkWing
Untitled2.jpg

I am a subscriber to the philosophy that being in difficult and uncomfortable situations breeds character of person and makes one more fulfilled and adept in life. Read the Book of Five Rings by Musashi to see it laid out how this leads to one being able to achieve great things, and how comfort creates weakness that blocks one from achieving great things. Racing by its very nature is a difficult task that rewards hard disciplined work instead of instant gratification until you reach professional racing were financial doping is real. My win was exactly that, working all day to become faster and more consistent in order to win, and it worked.

I can overlook the paltry updates, lack of diversity in single player, forced grind by game design, and everything else everyone complains about...
I can't get over failing at doing the basic minimums such as accurately reflecting statistical data correctly. At each step we see how GT7 is failing at being ESports ready and its disheartening to watch after the ESports success of GTSport.

So I spent a good 30-40 minutes practicing laps in the World Series yesterday but only got in 2 races. First one I qualified 8th and finished 8th. Second one I got a better livery and shaved 2 seconds from my time and got pole. In this second race I managed to be able to keep the lead and finish first with a clean race bonus as well.

Then I wait for the site to update, but it certainly ain't showing my win and is only showing the finish in 8th:
View attachment 1229505

I have the replay saved and downloaded it from my PS5 but don't do any type of social media to be able to upload it to be hosted free online and provide a link and its too large to zip and attach here. I shared it so it can be seared for in game and seen using keywords: Win!!! /or DarkWing
View attachment 1229515

I am a subscriber to the philosophy that being in difficult and uncomfortable situations breeds character of person and makes one more fulfilled and adept in life. Read the Book of Five Rings by Musashi to see it laid out how this leads to one being able to achieve great things, and how comfort creates weakness that blocks one from achieving great things. Racing by its very nature is a difficult task that rewards hard disciplined work instead of instant gratification until you reach professional racing were financial doping is real. My win was exactly that, working all day to become faster and more consistent in order to win, and it worked.

I can overlook the paltry updates, lack of diversity in single player, forced grind by game design, and everything else everyone complains about...
I can't get over failing at doing the basic minimums such as accurately reflecting statistical data correctly. At each step we see how GT7 is failing at being ESports ready and its disheartening to watch after the ESports success of GTSport.
I'm just curious what you mean by "it certainly aint' showing my win". The screenshot you have provided is not of a screen that shows wins; what are you expecting to see there?

I'm just curious what you mean by "it certainly aint' showing my win". The screenshot you have provided is not of a screen that shows wins; what are you expecting to see there?

Apologies, I meant the points total for the win showing in the specific World Series's Nations Championship page.

It’s showing round3: 5 points which was my 8th place finish for the first race, and I’m expecting to see the 12 points for 1st in the second and last race of the day I participated in.

The total number of wins, races, pole positions, and top 5 finishes on my main user page updated appropriately.

Last edited:
I second the frustration in quali as well as the solutions; either be first, or let them all go. Funny enough this was true in club racing as well. It was quite a race to get out first. And don't wait too long on short tracks as they'll come around before you get going.

I also like the intro seeing everybody's livery and the build up to a race. I was surprised to learn you could race many times that day. I thought it was one race and one race only. Which was lucky me as I was knocked off in the first race.

Apologies, I meant the points total for the win showing in the specific World Series's Nations Championship page.

It’s showing round3: 5 points which was my 8th place finish for the first race, and I’m expecting to see the 12 points for 1st in the second and last race of the day I participated in.

The total number of wins, races, pole positions, and top 5 finishes on my main user page updated appropriately.
Without knowing precisely what the points should have been for that race it's incredibly difficult for any third party to say it's obviously wrong. At DR D, the points available will be very low and very chaotic; in fact I'm not aware of a reason why you couldn't have a GTWS race worth one point for a win at DR D, if everyone in the race was right at rock bottom of the possible ratings*.

All I can say is it's either correctly showing you got five points from your last entry in the day's races because that's what you go, or it's correctly showing you got five points from your last entry in the day's races because you disconnected momentarily at some point between finishing the race and leaving the lobby to register the race as complete.

Short of a video recording from the race's end through to the return to the World Map, nobody can say what's actually happened - but registered race results don't vanish.

*The number of points available is essentially based on the average DR rating score of everyone in the lobby - something like 1/250th of the average score; if everyone's on one point, that lobby is worth a total of 1/250th of a point spread across all finishing positions, although I'm vaguely aware that there is a minimum possible score of one point, which would naturally all go to the winner.

[
Without knowing precisely what the points should have been for that race it's incredibly difficult for any third party to say it's obviously wrong. At DR D, the points available will be very low and very chaotic; in fact I'm not aware of a reason why you couldn't have a GTWS race worth one point for a win at DR D, if everyone in the race was right at rock bottom of the possible ratings*.

All I can say is it's either correctly showing you got five points from your last entry in the day's races because that's what you go, or it's correctly showing you got five points from your last entry in the day's races because you disconnected momentarily at some point between finishing the race and leaving the lobby to register the race as complete.

Short of a video recording from the race's end through to the return to the World Map, nobody can say what's actually happened - but registered race results don't vanish.

*The number of points available is essentially based on the average DR rating score of everyone in the lobby - something like 1/250th of the average score; if everyone's on one point, that lobby is worth a total of 1/250th of a point spread across all finishing positions, although I'm vaguely aware that there is a minimum possible score of one point, which would naturally all go to the winner.
Thanks for that clarification as it illuminates my mistake in assuming that they both are consistent in thier rule making and transparent in communicating it to everyone.

Not out of doubt, but mere incredulity I researched myself to try and find some reassurance it ain’t so and still am dumbfounded to see this is how they manage a racing competition.

Not to derail, but pick your brain based on my own hyperbolic experience of getting disconnected in a race only once before, but it would entirely kick me out of the online race not allowing to save the replay. Isn’t the fact that I was able to save the replay and have it directly uploaded on their server evidence that it did complete and save the race results to the server properly?

Edit: never mind, I see how this is a can of worms depending on both the instance connection is lost and when the game saves info to servers, both of which are data we do not possess nor have access to.. thanks again!

Last edited:

In FP the track dries enough for Hards by Lap 5, and it's 100% dry by Lap 10 or 11 (I only noticed at Lap 11, but it could've been bone dry by Lap 10). There was also no "dry line" formation - the entire track surface dried uniformly.
I've found similar to the above. I am just curious as to how this will translate over to the race. Time will tell.

I like that bit, seeing all the different liveries (before everyone zooms off into the distance).
Makes it more of an event, rather than just a slightly longer Daily.
I like that bit, too. I could do without the intro and music at 160dbs, however.

I second the frustration in quali as well as the solutions; either be first, or let them all go. Funny enough this was true in club racing as well. It was quite a race to get out first. And don't wait too long on short tracks as they'll come around before you get going.

I also like the intro seeing everybody's livery and the build up to a race. I was surprised to learn you could race many times that day. I thought it was one race and one race only. Which was lucky me as I was knocked off in the first race.
Yea, you can race in as many time slots are left. But, keep in mind you only get the points from your last race. Meaning, if you do a race and get 100 points, then do another one and get 70, your points for that race will be 70.

But, if you're like me where the points don't mean too much as I am not trying to compete in the GTWS, then it matters naught.

Last edited:
This is absolutely ridiculous. :lol: I noticed it dries out too, so I swapped to hards, parked the car on the track, and went off to get breakfast. After 15 minutes it's bone dry.

This is absolutely ridiculous. :lol: I noticed it dries out too, so I swapped to hards, parked the car on the track, and went off to get breakfast. After 15 minutes it's bone dry.
Daft question here but why wouldn’t you practice in the wet? I know a few others that have let the timer tick to 20mins then practice dry running.

I managed to log on last night and run 17 laps in the TT. End of lap 6 you can swap to hard tyres the for the rest of the race its dry. Obviously in the race the track could dry quicker or slower.

Wonder if anyone will risk a dry tyre start? As long as you don’t lose too much time in the wet it will save you a pit stop.

Daft question here but why wouldn’t you practice in the wet? I know a few others that have let the timer tick to 20mins then practice dry running.

I managed to log on last night and run 17 laps in the TT. End of lap 6 you can swap to hard tyres the for the rest of the race its dry. Obviously in the race the track could dry quicker or slower.

Wonder if anyone will risk a dry tyre start? As long as you don’t lose too much time in the wet it will save you a pit stop.
My guess is the track will probably be wet for the majority of the race, if it rains at all. If not, a dry line will form after 1 or 2 laps. I have already done some practice in the wet on inters, so in case it doesn't rain, focusing more on dry practice sounds like a good idea. Who knows?

To be honest I've never tried to change tires in the pits during practice, so I don't even know if it could be done. :dunce:

I haven't entered many wet races, so I don't know how I can see what the track will be like just before the race starts, if anyone's got any tips I'd appreciate it.

Back