Gran Turismo World Series Showdown Preview: Comeback Tour

• Thread starter Famine
  • 197 comments
In foresight too - it was overwhelmingly the most popular choice, not least because of Miyazono being in the team.

It generated so many complaints from people who'd picked Subaru only to find out Miyazono wasn't driving... but they all seem happy now :lol:
I'd somehow forgotten that. But yes, Subaru were the most picked team. So the result was then fixed to make the predictions......correct!
20220801_124344.jpg

Great Show!

Congrats to Team Subaru, Team Mercedes Benz, Team Toyota, Kyliam, Igor and Kokubun and all the drivers who qualified for the event. :cheers:

Congrats also to the Gran Turismo Team, especially for Julia, @Tom, and Jimmy, and for GTPlanet's coverage. :cheers:

Last edited:
Shout out to Fraga for holding onto those tires and low fuel as long as he could in the last stint while holding off Kokobun.
I thought he was about to repeat his Manufacturers final back in 2018,when he ran out of fuel in the Nords

The races were really entertaining. It’s just a shame that the UI is so bad. It really detracts from the experience. Especially those car models/player names above the cars.

A quick glance at YouTube and the Manufacturers Cup has around 160k views. The Nations Cup around 120k views. When they tally together all views they’ll obviously take into account other social media, ad’s and so on.

Last edited:
A quick glance at YouTube and the Manufacturers Cup has around 160k views. The Nations Cup around 120k views. When they tally together all views they’ll obviously take into account other social media, ad’s and so on.
That's not bad considering it was both F1 race weekend and Spa 24.

That's not bad considering it was both F1 race weekend and Spa 24.
Nations held 2.3k live viewers but i think it might've been affected by the Manufacturers drama,in the Manu Cup before the red flag it reached 3k live viewers then it went down to 2.2k after the race restarted.
But overall the VOD numbers look on par with previous live events and i'm just counting the English streams,there is also Twitch and the Playstation Channel

Last edited:
Nations held 2.3k live viewers but i think it might've been affected by the Manufacturers drama,in the Manu Cup before the red flag it reached 3k live viewers then it went down to 2.2k after the race restarted.
But overall the VOD numbers look on par with previous live events and i'm just counting the English streams,there is also Twitch and the Playstation Channel
The English Gran Turismo channel topped out around 3150 for the final laps of the Nations Cup. The PlayStation channel was consistently around 1300. The Spanish Gran Turismo channel was 1100 or so. Then the rest of the language channels below that.

In general I think Saturday night streams have the potential to get higher audiences.

The PlayStation channel often holds various fighting & FPS esports events (nothing really major). Whenever I check-in they usually have 400-500 viewers.

Last edited:
The English Gran Turismo channel topped out around 3150 for the final laps of the Nations Cup. The PlayStation channel was consistently around 1300. The Spanish Gran Turismo channel was 1100 or so. Then the rest of the language channels below that.

In general I think Saturday night streams have the potential to get higher audiences.

The PlayStation channel often holds various fighting & FPS esports events (nothing really major). Whenever I check-in they usually have 400-500 viewers.
I know there were online fia events but it felt noticeable how many more people were watching the Salzburg event,the interest held over the quarantine

At checkered flag of Manufacturers it bounced back to 2.8k.

Saturday was a bit of a mess, and a weird reflection of how flaky the game is in multiplayer lobbies right now, and how frustrating it can be.
The Sunday Nation's race was pure drama. The production and commentary was on point, and again it kind of reflected how amazing GT7 can be when it gets it right.

Good shows once again with action all across the Final of the nations. Well done to all involved.
One thing I didn't like in the Repêchage and Final was a lack of qualifying. (Most likely due to time) Everyone was ordered both by region and previous finishing position. Why should an Asia/ Oceania driver who still came 1st in their event start behind both the EMEA and America's drivers who finished as well as them? Seemed disadvantageous to me.

Why should an Asia/ Oceania driver who still came 1st in their event start behind both the EMEA and America's drivers who finished as well as them? Seemed disadvantageous to me.
It was based on initial qualifying, which set "region priority".

The fastest driver in initial qualifying was Serrano (EMEA). Discounting all other EMEA drivers, the next fastest was Fraga (NCSA). Kokubun was the fastest in ASOC, but slower than Serrano and Fraga so ASOC was the slowest of the regions.

In the final and the repechage the grid was staged as the lead EMEA driver, then the lead NCSA driver, then the lead ASOC driver, then the second EMEA driver and so on. That obviously started from 4th in EMEA regional, then 4th in NCSA regional, and so on, for the repechage, and the three repechage drivers would start 10th, 11th, and 12th in the final.

In fact Kokubun was only 11th quickest in qualifying, so starting the final third was quite the boost.

It was based on initial qualifying, which set "region priority".

The fastest driver in initial qualifying was Serrano (EMEA). Discounting all other EMEA drivers, the next fastest was Fraga (NCSA). Kokubun was the fastest in ASOC, but slower than Serrano and Fraga so ASOC was the slowest of the regions.

In the final and the repechage the grid was staged as the lead EMEA driver, then the lead NCSA driver, then the lead ASOC driver, then the second EMEA driver and so on. That obviously started from 4th in EMEA regional, then 4th in NCSA regional, and so on, for the repechage, and the three repechage drivers would start 10th, 11th, and 12th in the final.

In fact Kokubun was only 11th quickest in qualifying, so starting the final third was quite the boost.
Thanks.

Forgot to post this after the live, but this really made me laugh:lol::lol::lol:
Screenshot_20220731_220351.jpg

Don't know which man was behind this gem, but I believe it was some Famine humor right there🤣

Back