Gran Turismo World Series Showdown Preview: Comeback Tour

• Thread starter Famine
  • 197 comments
It was a great showcase for gran Tursimo. They could have gone for an ACC lite Spa race or something but they went for a fictional track with a fictional car and it was fantastic. GT provides something nothing else can. When it works. And 12 cars was too few.

Last edited:
First we had Baptiste 🥖 Beauvois.
Now we have Kylian 🥐 Drumont
We went from Hizal cookies to French breads
It was a great showcase for gran Tursimo. They could have gone for an ACC lite Spa race or something but they went for a fictional track with a fictional car and it was fantastic. GT provides something nothing else can. When it works. And 12 cars was too few.
Those red bull cars are quite big,more cars and we might've seen some pile ups.Surprised the few we had in the race didn't cause roadblocks

Last edited:
Fraga explaining his strategy
View attachment 1179294
But seriously,WHAT A RACE.
Even with penalties it was nail biting,i thought that repeating trial mountain would make for a stale final but i was dead wrong
Only highlights for regional finals was a mistake,either make the races shorter or try another format,we're here for the live action.
Also,a relief that the game didn't shut down again.
The broadcast was long enough even with the highlight races. And I personally found the old short races to be a crap show where to much needed to be settled within to few laps.

But running a live broadcast with 2 hours of qualifying would be to much for the format. And that makes the highlight races the best of 2 evils.

They could post a timetable so those that just want to see the live stuff could tune in for that.

But what a absolutely amazing race and broadcast. Nothing beats this in the racing esport world.

Last edited:
Yeah no way they should run all those races within the commentated event but they could have streamed the races to YouTube with no commentary or a b team or something. Seemed a shame to miss it as they looked like they were good races.

Heldt from the US and Lim from Canada did a good job keeping up too. 4th and 7th in the repechage in a very strong field.

That Sophy showcase was embarrassing. Been hyped up for a while and yet all we got from it was about 30 seconds of footage (if that?) and 3 of the clips were Sophy punting someone, spinning out, and Gallo beating them.

What was the actual point? That was so much worse than I expected.

The most interesting thing we got from this is the Italian GT channel commenting that "we will put it in-game before the end of the year if all goes well" - though what they actually know (or who it is) I have no idea so it's probably meaningless.

View attachment 1179286
Wait that was the Sophy showcase? Wasn't it happening with the winner of the race?

Wait that was the Sophy showcase? Wasn't it happening with the winner of the race?
The Sophy showcase was Emily Jones talking about it,learned more from what she said than whatever that highlight reel was.
According to her Sophy was tuned down a little bit from the previous showing and it behaves better door to door and a funny anecdote about Emily shoving Sophy off in a corner and Sophy coming back to shove Emily off track

Last edited:
I was one of the people with a front row seat to Kylian rising through the ranks in 2020 and 2021. It was already well known that he was extremely skilled, especially after he scored the maximum possible manufacturer points for Ferrari in 2021 and stopped racing with three rounds to go because he literally could not score any higher (and still missed out on the world final).

Even so, nobody expected anything like this performance. To turn up at your first live event, win Manufacturers then beat that field in the Nations final by 8 seconds from P7 on the grid is utterly insane. Take a bow 👏

As others have mentioned the event was excellent. Great presentation, quality driving, nice race format, good sportsmanship. It was what esports racing as a whole needed.

Trial Mountain worked well. I hope one of the next live events also uses an all new (or rebuilt classic) original GT track. The Red Bull Junior cars alway produce good racing. But I’d like to see a new model for these finals. A revised design and turbo engine. Be it another Red Bill or something all new.

One thing that needs to be addressed immediately is moderation of the Gran Turismo & PlayStation YouTube channels. Throughout chat was filled with transphobic, homophobic and racist comments. Not from complete randoms, but clearly GT fans, who where upto speed on all aspects of the game.

Two were posting the most **** and they need to be banned from said YouTube channels. If their names are familiar from GT7 or social media. Hopefully they’ll be banned from those platforms too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did my little research after seeing that BMW drowning down the order (1st to last!) and it turns out the Aussie guy who did the 2nd stint (I believe ?) is indeed far from WT level (but seems to be a very funny dude). Indeed he finished 2nd for BMW in the Oceania Manu but the n°1 driver - a Japanese 300 points ahead! - must be under 18 or something.

Check his YT channel: Ohayoghurt

That being said I find it adds some spice to the format and as long as they all drive fair and clean (which was the case) it doesn't bother me. And in some way he deserved to be there for choosing a very unpopular brand in his region and getting pretty decent results in 3 races. Still a bit lucky though!
you guys looking into this and arguing about his pace, he is also a controller driver who had to scramble to source a wheel and get up to speed with only a couple weeks confirmation. Almost everyone says the change in how you control the car will affect the pace so there's no doubt he did earn the spot. You've got to be placed high enough to get there anyway and he made it.

Great racing this weekend, and man I'm glad to have the live events back!

A bit of a heartbreak for my GT wallet, as my picks in the Bonus Campaign were AMG and Fraga, so P2 and P2 😅

But I honestly enjoyed GTWS more then F1 this weekend .. although that also comes with slight bias as a disgruntled Ferrari guy 🙈

Bring on Monaco in November, can't wait! In the meantime the online events are sure to be good fun to keep us entertained.

you guys looking into this and arguing about his pace, he is also a controller driver who had to scramble to source a wheel and get up to speed with only a couple weeks confirmation. Almost everyone says the change in how you control the car will affect the pace so there's no doubt he did earn the spot. You've got to be placed high enough to get there anyway and he made it.
Thats entirely on him when he was half a chance of making a tour final and chose not to get a wheel lol

Last edited:
Just to echo others - this was brilliant, end to end.
Really enjoyed watching it, great structure allowing for multiple strategies and no clear winner until the very end.
It was a complete surprise when Drumont emerged 1st after his last pit, took me a bit to wrap my head around what was happening 😃
What an incredible start at the highest level he did.

Looking forward to the next event!

So what prize do you get for coming first?
Probably not much money or gift, but definitely incredible memories that will stay with you forever.

First we had Baptiste 🥖 Beauvois.
Now we have Kylian 🥐 Drumont
Racing 2018 World Champion 🦅 Eagle 🐸 Frogger, according to Google AI subtitle generator.
1659337345394.png

Just caught up with both races. Really like the longer race formats. Obviously last year they couldn't do driver swaps because no live event, but it should be on PD's list to implement this in game so league racers have the possibility of doing this from their own home too.

Big fail on the red flag in Manu. Like how can you have a connection failure at a LAN event??? Also one of the wheels malfunctioned as well. Typical Thrustmaster.

The lack of MR cars in Manu really shows how bad the physics & BOP are with those cars (and how OP the GT300 Subaru is thanks to the downforce). I still think all 26 manufacturers should feature in the finals. Then you can have 3 heats (like Nations) to whittle it down to the final 12. It will help spread out the top drivers over more manus and not just pick the OP ones.

Not sure why Trial Mountain was chosen for both finals as well. At least run it in reverse for one of them.

Really wish we could see more of the Sophy race. From the onboard someone posted a few pages back, it's still doing unrealistic 4 wheel drifts in the corners. Really impressed Gallo managed to win at Maggiore against them.

Good to see Hizal as well, and respect to him for prioritizing his studies as always 👍

Congrats to Drumont for both wins. Though you gotta wonder how the races would've panned out if the covid affected drivers were there. Maybe they could have them race in their own room backstage or something (assuming they're fit enough to race).

I got lucky and guessed both winners correctly the first round, but got both wrong this time. Oh well.

Last edited:
This feels like a fix so they don't have to pay out the 500,000cr for any obvious winners.
Kylian won the 2021 season with Ferrari, and finished 2nd in Nations 2022 Season 1. He's become one of, if not the fastest EMEA players.

Subaru have been a strong choice since the start of GT7.

In hindsight (because they weren't my predictions either) but Subaru and Kylian WERE the obvious winners.

I'm sure you're right though, probably fixed 🙄

In hindsight (because they weren't my predictions either) but Subaru and Kylian WERE the obvious winners.
In foresight too - it was overwhelmingly the most popular choice, not least because of Miyazono being in the team.

It generated so many complaints from people who'd picked Subaru only to find out Miyazono wasn't driving... but they all seem happy now :lol:

Back