Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo World Series Showdown Preview: Dutch Courage

After a flurry of online competition earlier in the year, the time is now upon us for the first of 2023’s two championship-deciding live events at the Gran Turismo World Series Showdown in Amsterdam...

Last edited:
Do you know if we can watch the stream in the browser? I won't be home with my PS5 during the weekend.
You can watch it anywhere you can watch YouTube, but you'll need to watch it (however briefly) through the game to qualify for the Viewer's Gift prizes.

I'd recommend Remote Play. Get it set up, boot your console up from your phone, go to the game, click on the tile, click watch and let it play for a couple of minutes, then shut it all down again.

Just to check with British Summer Time on the go is 17:00 UTC 18:00 my time or have I got that wrong?

Typical the day I have an appointment late on so trying to make sure i get back in time for watching it through the game.

Just to check with British Summer Time on the go is 17:00 UTC 18:00 my time or have I got that wrong?

Typical the day I have an appointment late on so trying to make sure i get back in time for watching it through the game.
Yes, 1700UTC would be 6pm in the UK right now due to British Summer Time.

The article says:

"Notably there’ll be a qualifying time trial session at Grand Valley Highway 1 in the Ferrari Vision Gran Turismo, followed by a qualification race of an as-yet unspecified format and car/track combination…"

Maybe there's a little surprise for the viewers.

The article says:

"Notably there’ll be a qualifying time trial session at Grand Valley Highway 1 in the Ferrari Vision Gran Turismo, followed by a qualification race of an as-yet unspecified format and car/track combination…"

Maybe there's a little surprise for the viewers.
Hopefully an ambulance race. I want to see how quickly the best of the best get annoyed by the sirens.

p78
Some snowflake got me banned till the 14th, guess i won't be able to get those prizes.
Seems pretty likely you got yourself banned by doing something against the Code of Conduct. The "snowflake" just reported you for doing whatever it was you did to make it happen.

However you can watch the events through the in-game tiles at any time up to 2359UTC on Sunday August 20th to get the prizes. You'll be awarded them on August 21st, whereas people who watched them live (or close enough to it) will get them on August 14th.

That's good to know that i can watch it on a later date too.

I uploaded an svg that somebody didn't like. There wasn't any hate or sex (altho it was implied) anything else that i could see wrong. Ah well.

Last edited:
you'll need to watch it (however briefly) through the game to qualify for the Viewer's Gift prizes.
I think - in theory - could it be that if you watch the stream for a couple of minutes tomorrow only, you won't get the ambulance, just the engine?

Surprised that McLaren topped the rankings of manufacturers, maybe they'll be fighting for the podium?
McLaren pair was pretty good before the update (Gr4 McLaren is currently the META at Spa in Daily C) on Monday, now it's even better as the Gr3 McLaren got a nice little buff. I picked them on one of my accounts (even before the buff).

Title should have been Dutch Oven… Hey, it’s a cooking pot of international players. :sly:
I had a third alternative, based on the locations involved, although given recent GT community drama I decided agin it...

1691692546999.png

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo World Series Showdown Preview: Dutch Courage

After a flurry of online competition earlier in the year, the time is now upon us for the first of 2023’s two championship-deciding live events at the Gran Turismo World Series Showdown in Amsterdam...

"This 45,000 square-foot auditorium"

It's an international news site, why not mention square meters too?

I had a third alternative, based on the locations involved, although given recent GT community drama I decided agin it...

View attachment 1279214

Translation for those who don't know: De Wallen = Red Light District

It's an international news site, why not mention square meters too?
We're American.

And it's "metres" if we're not being American :D

As I'm British, and 45, I use both quite happily and it's a very nearly 11 to 1 conversion. Divide by ten (=4500) and then take ten percent (450) off (=4050) - and if you want to be accurate... ish, add a rounded three percent (120) back on (=4170). Actual conversion is 4180.

Also Theater Amsterdam's website is a thing linked on the page...

Het hart van Theater Amsterdam is onze 4200 m2 grote Theaterzaal.

Last edited:
Which is probably why there's still plenty of tickets available :D
You normally book loads of seats just for yourself? 😉

You seem to imply that you only need to watch a tiny bit of the streams to get the rewards. Is that confirmed, or speculation by you (or me misinterpreting you)?

Last edited:
You normally book loads of seats just for yourself? 😉
There's normally no need - I've actually only ever been to one public event (Madrid) - but yeah this ass needs more than one cushion.
You seem to imply that you only need to watch a tiny bit of the streams to get the rewards. Is that confirmed, or speculation by you (or me misinterpreting you)?
I honestly have no idea, but I cannot imagine for a second that the prizes are tied to a requirement to watch every second of it without interruption. Clicking on it alone should be enough.

Understandably, this isn't something that's defined anywhere, because they want you to watch it all and if people knew they could get away with a couple of seconds' worth that's what would happen...

Which is probably why there's still plenty of tickets available :D
This is a bit strange because the World Tour event in Sydney 2020 was a sellout with a considerably larger seating capacity - albeit the tickets were free. Three years later, post-pandemic, in mainland Europe and with a massive marketing campaign surrounding the movie, it isn't a sellout.

Yes they are obviously focused on getting people to tune into the online streams and have done some great incentives for people to do that. But hopefully Sony/PD continue to try things to make these live events as appealing/entertaining as possible for the people who pay to attend... which in my opinion will only grow the championship, and increase interest/viewership/attendance for the next event/s.

Last edited:
What’s the UTC time

Back