Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo World Series to Use Fanatec Steering Wheels in 2023

Almost two years on from becoming official partners, Fanatec and Gran Turismo have announced an enhanced relationship as the peripheral manufacturer becomes the official steering wheel partner of the game’s flagship esports championship, the Gran Turismo World Series...

Nice!
(Cool livery and suit, by the way).

GT.png

Last edited:
Not sold in Norway, I wonder why not. We have to do with Thrustmaster and Logitech, not bad options, but no Fanatec.

Last edited:
Well now that it’s “official”, hopefully PD updates their FFB model to fully take advantage of a DD wheel base.

And Fanatec, I still have $$$ burning a hole in my pocket waiting for that unicorn QR2 to be released 🙄

Last edited:
Aside from better FFB for DD Pro, I'm also wishing for better alternative wheel rim support. Right now it's still very limited in terms of button mapping, and it's completely down to GT7 because ACC and F1 on PS5 support other Fanatec wheel rims perfectly. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, it's very likely that they'll only allow the provided official GT wheel at the live events.

Last edited:
Their website seems to indicate they'll ship to Norway? I'm just an ignant Yank tho so maybe I'm wrong. :dunce:
They do ship to Norway. I live there and bought a CSL Elite on a Black Friday sale many moons ago. Fanatec aren't VOEC registered so you'll pay less than the website says as they'll knock VAT off and it will be added by customs on it arriving in Norway where you'll get a phat bill.

quick release 2", it was announced for 2020 but it was delayed, (official) posts about it were removed. Last signs of it were a new wheel with it on the sim expo and a rumor that something will be announced in may.
tldr: vaporware
I have a quick release on my Podium, do know if it is supposed to be something different or compatible?

Share you my story. I have a Thrustmaster T-GT (first gen) And used it for years. there was an issue with it, let it fix, but lost my trust in it and thought it is a good excuse to buy a Fanatec GT DD Pro, which was praised by the most of the reviewers on youtube. Tried about 10 different settings and I wanted to like it, but finally sent it back to Fanatec. I play exclusively GT7 and for this game in my opinion T-GT is a more fun wheel to play. I simply was not impressed by the FFB of the Fanatec wheel compare to T-GT.

Share you my story. I have a Thrustmaster T-GT (first gen) And used it for years. there was an issue with it, let it fix, but lost my trust in it and thought it is a good excuse to buy a Fanatec GT DD Pro, which was praised by the most of the reviewers on youtube. Tried about 10 different settings and I wanted to like it, but finally sent it back to Fanatec. I play exclusively GT7 and for this game in my opinion T-GT is a more fun wheel to play. I simply was not impressed by the FFB of the Fanatec wheel compare to T-GT.
Do you remember from when to when you were using the gt dd pro?
Asking becuase gt7 had several updates that crippled the physics and force feedback to a point where using a wheel didn't make sense (at least for me and I'm a little bit over dramatic here :))

👍try TGT II with the transducteur vibration it is fantastic you have a lot more sensation to feel the car

I checked the price on the DD: $700. After $550 on the PS5 and $600 on the PSVR2, that's kind of an ouch for what's essentially a single game. Plus you'd need something to brace it to, that's another $100 but other consoles can use that brace for their full size controls.
I probably will do it, but nearly two grand is more than what I'd care to spend on stuff for only one game. It might be the closest I ever get to actual car racing though.

I checked the price on the DD: $700. After $550 on the PS5 and $600 on the PSVR2, that's kind of an ouch for what's essentially a single game. Plus you'd need something to brace it to, that's another $100 but other consoles can use that brace for their full size controls.
I probably will do it, but nearly two grand is more than what I'd care to spend on stuff for only one game. It might be the closest I ever get to actual car racing though.
I’ve always firmly lived by the mantra of “buy once, cry once”.

But like you, I didn’t know how much I was going to really get into proper sim racing when I started to take it more ‘seriously’. So even spending 1K on a CSL elite, a load cell pedal and a playseat challenge stung. But I knew I was going to like it enough not to get a G29.

Well, in a little less than 3-years time, I went from a CSL elite to a DD Pro. Then added an H-pattern. And only exclusively used the DD pro for 6 months before I bought an 80/20 rig, V3 pedals and a DD1.

But still, I had my new setup in boxes for 6 months, because I couldn’t be bothered to put it together.
…because my DD Pro and playseat challenge combo was just that good!

But if you have to choose between a DD pro with no VR, or a G-29 with VR. It’s not even a contest.

G-29 with VR every single day of the week for the win

Last edited:
Do you remember from when to when you were using the gt dd pro?
Asking becuase gt7 had several updates that crippled the physics and force feedback to a point where using a wheel didn't make sense (at least for me and I'm a little bit over dramatic here :))
It was a recent story like a month ago. Also after the update regarding FFB. I like the FFB the way it is.

👍try TGT II with the transducteur vibration it is fantastic you have a lot more sensation to feel the car
The first gen. T-GT also has it. It is a cool stuff in my opinion. It is so loud though, that during evening races ( which is majority of my GT7 time) I turn it off, and interestingly I even prefered T-GT without the transducer, which I know sounds impossible, but I found other people in the GT7 community with the same opinion.

Back