Grand Am 85 Laps of Daytona!- Finished, Thanks All!

  • Thread starter Thread starter polarbear345
  • 440 comments
  • 20,218 views

What should the best tire we use be?

  • Racing Softs

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Racing Mediums

    Votes: 18 72.0%

  • Total voters
    25
Racing softs will be better, more strategy involved
 
What day are you guys thinking about running this on?
All the women are leaving my house this weekend so I will have extra time to practice for this event if it's going to be going down this weekend?
 
What day are you guys thinking about running this on?
All the women are leaving my house this weekend so I will have extra time to practice for this event if it's going to be going down this weekend?

I believe the OP said Saturday the 22nd. Would that be a good day?
 
joetruckv8
What day are you guys thinking about running this on?
All the women are leaving my house this weekend so I will have extra time to practice for this event if it's going to be going down this weekend?

Date is the 22nd.

If you want to race with us at laguna seca, the Rolex series is racing there for their season finale. I've seen your name around a bit, so I am confident you'd be a fine addition! Thread link is in my sig :)
 
Maybe but I'm going to find a car just in case!
Put me down for the Camaro chassis plz? 👍
 
joetruckv8
Maybe but I'm going to find a car just in case!
Put me down for the Camaro chassis plz? 👍

Done!

Welcome to the race!
 
Which rear wing do I need to put on the Lotus?
 
tbwhhs
Which rear wing do I need to put on the Lotus?

Hmm, try to make it as close to the one in the picture as possible.

Colors don't count, I mean aero wise :)
 
Hmm, try to make it as close to the one in the picture as possible.

Colors don't count, I mean aero wise :)

Thanks. That's the one that I got, I just wanted to be sure.
 
tbwhhs
Thanks. That's the one that I got, I just wanted to be sure.

Yea, you're good!

And expect a pm from me either today or tomorrow :) I think you'll like it :)
 
I'll race in this, sounds fun ;)

I'll be in DP in the Nissan.
 
I'll race in this, sounds fun ;)

I'll be in DP in the Nissan.

Oh boy, Ant and GHS. *Remembers Senna and Prost* Looks like Polar and I will have to really battle for this one.
 
You will also have Seth in the mix :). I'll be practicing DP for this race right after Laguna.
 
*whistling innocently* Glad I'm not in DP. Instead of being bumped every fifth lap, it'll only be every tenth lap, once the DP guys catch me, & decide that my race doesn't matter. AGAIN. :irked: Speaking of which, I'm watching you guys.
 
So who else is running the Sauber? I only see cnd using it. I think I'm around half a second faster with it than the other DP's.
 
freshseth83
So who else is running the Sauber? I only see cnd using it. I think I'm around half a second faster with it than the other DP's.

Me.
 
looks good! Sign me up for the Lotus please!
 
Also i just detuned my evora and at max weight added its 1302 instead of 1310
 
R0ssingt0n
Also i just detuned my evora and at max weight added its 1302 instead of 1310

Alright, thanks!

I guess we messed up that one...

We'll use it at 1300kg :)
 
My Lotus is at 1310. I got stages 1 and 2 weight reduction and the hood and window ones. I got it to 1310 with I think it was 102 in ballast.
 
Well, sturdy ol' Toyota for me then.
 
My Lotus is at 1310. I got stages 1 and 2 weight reduction and the hood and window ones. I got it to 1310 with I think it was 102 in ballast.

Oh right, i just detuned a fully modified one
 
Cool. Sign me up for Grand Touring Class, Audi R8 5.2
 
grazbro
Cool. Sign me up for Grand Touring Class, Audi R8 5.2

Sweet!

Welcome to the race!
 
Sweet!

Welcome to the race!


Thanks. Question about when leaving the pits. Are we to stay left and use the road to exit the pit, or are we to enter the track to the right. I prefer the pit road exit as some racers can be coming off the bend into turn one, making for some tricky entries.
 
grazbro
Thanks. Question about when leaving the pits. Are we to stay left and use the road to exit the pit, or are we to enter the track to the right. I prefer the pit road exit as some racers can be coming off the bend into turn one, making for some tricky entries.

Yes. We will be using the pit exit road. I'll make a video on the correct way (probably :p)
 
Cool. Can you lay down the rules as in what driving options, penalties etc. will be used/not used for the race. Just want to know before tuning my ride. Thanks.
 
Cool. Can you lay down the rules as in what driving options, penalties etc. will be used/not used for the race. Just want to know before tuning my ride. Thanks.

No aids, except ABS. That goes for both classes.

Looks like racing mediums are winning in the poll, so we may use those. I can't see who voted (because I forgot to add that option... Anyone know if I can edit the poll?) So, I'm not sure if it's rigged. They have been rigged by people before, so a weird situation.. I may make a google doc for it.
 
Back