Grand Tour: Toscana Tarmac at Night...Changed ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alara78
  • 37 comments
  • 11,419 views
There are a few other videos on Youtube. I can follow them up to passing the Ferrari at the end of the straight. I just can't seem to nail the final stretch. Every video seems to pass the last car on the last turn which proves how little leeway there is.

Maybe I'll boost the contrast on my TV up real high. Perhaps that will give me a little better visibilty. If the track were in daylight I'd have no problem keeping up. Its the darkness I'm fighting.

The 2 lap license tests, in daylight, gave more margin for error than this.
 
I have golded everything in the you can gold in the game. Except, however, the Toscana Night Race. They HAVE completely changed the race course. Personally, I don't think that the games developers have really tested if it is viable for anyone to get 1st place.

The new Toscana night race is up there with s.vettel golds in terms of difficulty? o_0

Maybe I'll boost the contrast on my TV up real high. Perhaps that will give me a little better visibilty. If the track were in daylight I'd have no problem keeping up. Its the darkness I'm fighting.

I did that with the original. It does actually help. Also set the EV+ in the in-game menu.
 
I've golded this one a few days ago after several failed attempts, the key is catching the F40 on the last straight, not after or just before the corner that follows and then the Scuderia indeed can be passed just before the last corner.
On the first corners after the first straight you can gain seconds depending on how you enter and exit them, it's worth getting those spot on and it takes some practice but if you do you can pass the Countach and 512BB early on and the Miura before the last straight.
If you don't you might indeed not be able to catch the Scuderia later on so just try again if you haven't passed the Miura before the last straight.
 
Ok, just got gold. Changed my LCD TV display mode from "normal" to "game". It increased the gamma so everything was a little brighter.

You must catch the F40 at or before the right turn at the end of the straight. The sooner you pass him, the better chance you have of getting gold but if you aren't around him entering that tight turn after the straight you have no chance of catching the leader. The rest of your lap will just be practice (or you can start over).

After that, which I call the half-way point, you need to memorize the track based on left turns because each one is slightly different and you can't take your eyes off the road. The first left has a left kink followed by a hard left. The reflectors are deceiving so be sure to brake after you pass the kink. The second left is an immediate hard left after a right kink so brake as soon as you see the reflectors and enter slow to prevent wheelspin. The third left is another kink+hard left but this time it is uphill. Like before, don't be fooled by the reflectors, wait until you get to the kink to brake. Keep wheelspin to a minimum and power out using the entire track. You have some run off this time but make your way to the left side of the track for the next part. Then there are two esses. The first is rather tight, brake for the entry then power through in a straight line at half-throttle until you can see the exit. The second is a little more open. I flubbed it a little with some wheelspin but still caught the leader just as I was crossing the line. Overall, keeping wheelspin to a minimum will make you faster. The Lambo likes to drift, but it loses tons of speed if all 4 wheels break traction. Keep the drifting to a minimum and focus on corner exit speed and you'll catch the leader.

My video...
 
Last edited:
Gold got!. And in only 2 hours and 30 minutes... Really wasn´t so dificult (I think the Eiger event is harder).

My settings and some "cheats" for people still trying get gold this event:

- Traction control and ABS set to 5
- Steering held set to "strong" (I don´t know how this aid is called in the english version of the game).
- Racing line on
- In screen options, EV to +1.0
- Increase your TV brignest around 30 or 40%.


Learn the track until you get a time around 2:51. As chuyler1 say, you must catch the F40 at or before the right turn at the end of the straight. But after this, crash! (don´t brake). You win a second over than braking!.

Lucky for all!.
 
It has changed, but some parts are still very similar, there is still a long straight, over crest braking into a right hairpin and then two small left and right turns
 
This was my last challenge. Took 2 days. Put abs up high so you can brake without losing control and after the first turn and straight stay left while braking and slip up the right hand hill in 3rd holding as much speed as possible.

When I golded it the lap was chaos.

Edit: there's no new prize for all gold!!! WTF.
 
Back