Grand Valley Returns to Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 711 comments
I won't deny it, but Trial Mountain in Scotland would be more suitable, both for the traditional situation of Nessie and for the better distribution of circuits. I think Yosemite was already well represented by the awesome El Capitan circuit.

Last edited:
Hardly comparable to the Alps though is it?
Well, the Sierra Nevada is compareable to the Alps in size and height...one positve thing about the Sierra Nevada:there is much less tourism and more wilderness and nature in the Sierra Nevada than there is in the Alps!
Although it is beautiful in it's own way it is totally different to the Alps.
Yes, totally different...:lol:

Spitzmauer_from_Prielschutzhaus.jpg

I think you don't really know California and you don't really know the Alps either...

Last edited:
And I'm glad for it. It's a video game. I want to see some scenery while driving. They hide all the beauty of Saint-Croix behind mile high Armco..I'm glad they rethought that strategy.
Not that I dislike a good scenery but, this is a racing game. Watching the scenery while driving is not something that you want to do, or you should do, in order to stay focussed and drive well.
I mean you'd better try truck simulator for that, for example. Plenty more time and opportunities to stare at the landscape.

I recall Formula One drivers and drivers in (V8)Supercars, having a look at the jumbo screens around circuits. I’m talking about Championship winning drivers doing that at speed, not drivers in last place.
(V8)Supercar drivers also look around at Mount Panorama. They look at and hear the crowds up at Skyline.
When international drivers race at the Bathurst 12H, it can’t be helped but to look at the scenery. That would go for many drivers in other locations as well.

Not that I dislike a good scenery but, this is a racing game. Watching the scenery while driving is not something that you want to do, or you should do, in order to stay focussed and drive well.
I mean you'd better try truck simulator for that, for example. Plenty more time and opportunities to stare at the landscape.

An arrogant response if I ever heard one. You can appreciate the scenery in a racing game without "staring" at it.

An arrogant response if I ever heard one. You can appreciate the scenery in a racing game without "staring" at it.
Did I sound arrogant? 😅 Not my intention at all, but to be honest. When I race, the only thing I look at, is the track, and the other cars around me.

Well, the Sierra Nevada is compareable to the Alps in size and height...one positve thing about the Sierra Nevada:there is much less tourism and more wilderness and nature in the Sierra Nevada than there is in the Alps!

Yes, totally different...:lol:

Spitzmauer_from_Prielschutzhaus.jpg

I think you don't really know California and you don't really know the Alps either...
If you think there are comparable in size you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. The Alps is far far vaster and has many unique features.

I don't see what your point is in trying ro argue that two different mountain ranges the same, you just make yourself look ignorant. And then you put a random photo of a mountain and think it proves something 🤣

I won't deny it, but Trial Mountain in Scotland would be more suitable, both for the traditional situation of Nessie and for the better distribution of circuits. I think Yosemite was already well represented by the awesome El Capitan circuit.
As much as I love CA, I wouldn't mind trial mountain being somewhere else. I've always felt it had strong Japanese mountain vibes - the banked hairpin curve after the tunnel feels super Japanese to me, the way that it's so lush (especially in the best version, GT3) with vegetation growing down the tunnel walls, the dense but not tall tree canopy. The track never looked particularly like CA to me and I'm not a huge fan of the redesign with the thinned-out forest, and drier landscape.

I think Yosemite was already well represented by the awesome El Capitan circuit.
One circuit I truly miss, outside of an updated Seattle.. & fwiw, I still think a Portland circuit would be pretty slick.. 84E to 205, down Powell(26) to downtown PDX via the Ross Island Bridge, front avenue to the Morrison Bridge, back on to 84.. rinse and repeat!.. slightly long, but that would be a true racing circuit all within itself.. IMO, there should be more real-life city circuits, or at least have the ability to create-your-own via google maps or something.. I'm not sure of tech-specs, but it shouldn't be that hard to create.. but then again, maybe it is, still might be a few years away, but could you imagine ??.. I can.. LoL..

PDX.jpg

NW.

Last edited:
One circuit I truly miss, outside of an updated Seattle.. & fwiw, I still think a Portland circuit would be pretty slick.. 84E to 205, down Powell(26) to downtown PDX via the Ross Island Bridge, front avenue to the Morrison Bridge, back on to 84.. rinse and repeat!.. slightly long, but that would be a true racing circuit all within itself.. IMO, there should be more real-life city circuits, or at least have the ability to create-your-own via google maps or something.. I'm not sure of tech-specs, but it shouldn't be that hard to create.. but then again, maybe it is, still might be a few years away, but could you imagine ??.. I can.. LoL..

View attachment 1236731

NW.
I did an imagination exercise for a new track of Seattle. I considered some new things like the current renovations that have been done to the site and extending the length of the track to accommodate all types of racing cars.

See:
Post in thread 'Seattle Circuit' https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/seattle-circuit.297748/post-13711780

It would be Macau-Monaco-Seatle.

Last edited:
El Capitan is my all time favourite track. I don't want it back, given what they've done to the other tracks.

Something I was thinking about while watching IndyCar last night is that race series, instead of developing their own games which would cost more is put half that money into specific developments for GT7 - bit like how AC does. These could then be DLCs and you could have an IndyCar one, Super Fomula, Formula E, maybe even revive TOCA

I did an imagination exercise for a new track of Seattle. I considered some new things like the current renovations that have been done to the site and extending the length of the track to accommodate all types of racing cars.

See:
Post in thread 'Seattle Circuit' https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/seattle-circuit.297748/post-13711780

It would be Macau-Monaco-Seatle.
Yeah, in another thread I mentioned recalling someone redesigning Seattle, and just figured out it was you!.. LoL.. after I clicked the link and re-read it I scrolled down to the bottom & saw the related searches & low-n-behold there was the thread..

good stuff Brunus.. But back to the matter at hand, yeah more city circuits need to return, starting with an updated Seattle.. I guess we'll see what happens within this next year.. fingers crossed..

NW.

I really like the new Grand Valley, it's growing on me pretty fast I must say. The only thing I can't understand is why they removed the iconic tied arch blue bridge. Geographically speaking, is it because it doesn't make sense to have that type of bridge on that location? I literally have no idea, I'm no bridge expert. I really wanted an official explanation for this, because the blue bridge was simply too iconic. I was indeed expecting a massive change for Grand Valley, and I'm honestly pretty happy with them, even though it's a considerable one, but I never would've thought that classic bridge would be removed.

Last edited:
Yeah, in another thread I mentioned recalling someone redesigning Seattle, and just figured out it was you!.. LoL.. after I clicked the link and re-read it I scrolled down to the bottom & saw the related searches & low-n-behold there was the thread..

good stuff Brunus.. But back to the matter at hand, yeah more city circuits need to return, starting with an updated Seattle.. I guess we'll see what happens within this next year.. fingers crossed..

NW.
I think the GT franchise deserves its success due to its strong personality. And one of them was to create city circuits based on real environments and streets.

Yes. I would really like Seattle to come back, preferably with this route I designed, as well as New York, Tokyo, Seoul, Rome and Paris.

Also, I would very much like Special Stage Route 5 and 11 to return. I have a feeling they might both return to the franchise renamed Tokyo Expressway North and West, something like that. After all, we already have the South, East and Central routes of the Tokyo Expressway.

But if I were asked where the PD could look for suitable settings for the freshness of our eyes in PSVR2, if the PD is looking for a new scenario for SSR5-11 or even for a new original circuit of the franchise, I would suggest Joá's Viaduct, in Rio de Janeiro city. The location could offer spectacular scenery and routes. Incidentally, the first international race held in Brazil was on the city Circuito da Gávea, a circuit that took advantage of the stretch of the old road of Joá, São Conrado tunnel and Neimeyer Avenue.

elevado-joa.jpg
maxresdefault (2).jpg
elevado_do_joa_rio_de_janeiro.jpg
599565688_8129f27919_b.jpg
img678_02.jpg
elevado-do-joa-in-rio-de-janeiro-brazil.jpg

4674797.jpg
4674rio.jpg

Gavea Circuit:

gavea_600.jpg

Last edited:
If you're a replay and racing photo buff like me, the scenery is very important.

I really want to see an original track set in Australia. The Great Ocean Road, The Grampians, Uluru, Mt Buller, Hunter Valley, Barossa Valley and Byron Bay are just a few locations off the top of my head.

If you think there are comparable in size you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. The Alps is far far vaster and has many unique features.

I don't see what your point is in trying ro argue that two different mountain ranges the same, you just make yourself look ignorant. And then you put a random photo of a mountain and think it proves something 🤣
If you've been to the back country of both the Sierra Nevada's and Alps, yes, you'd see the similarities. Same could be said for any major mountain range in the world.

THAT circuit would be crazy insane!

Especially btwn. Sao Conrado and Gavea.. yikes!.. a true drivers course without doubt.. you need to give up your day job and go to work for PD and start designing these courses, or at least be a consultant.. LoL!.. Circuito da Gavea reminds me of a South American Nurburgring.. the longer stretches along the coastline would have that Monaco feel.. well done sir!

NW.

Last edited:
If you've been to the back country of both the Sierra Nevada's and Alps, yes, you'd see the similarities. Same could be said for any major mountain range in the world.
But there's many differences too, the climate is completely different for one. Sierra Nevada has some forestry but overall is much dryer and this means the landscape of the Alps is much more lush and green.

Last edited:
But there's many differences too, the climate is completely different for one.
The high Sierras have an "Alpine" climate. That's literally what that type of climate is called.

It's so weird you keep on pressing this. Yes, the Alps are longer and wider (about 4x greater footprint), but both have peaks above 4000m (13 in the Sierras, 29 in the Alps) and they're geologically very similar ranges. It'd be easy to mistake a random, little known peak in one range for the other.

The high Sierras have an "Alpine" climate. That's literally what that type of climate is called.

It's so weird you keep on pressing this. Yes, the Alps are longer and wider (about 4x greater footprint), but both have peaks above 4000m (13 in the Sierras, 29 in the Alps) and they're geologically very similar ranges. It'd be easy to mistake a random, little known peak in one range for the other.
Only because people were quoting me and I was replying to their responses. I checked many pictures of the forestry of Sierra Nevada and it is much browner and dryer than the luscious green fields and forests of the Alps.

Seriously come on, member here since 2004 and no comments about ANYTHING other than a solitary GTS photo from 2018.

This track must really be bad.
i dont like fora very much... fora fora caves with constant shadowplay about nothing...

Back