Grand Valley Returns to Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 711 comments
This leaves Autumn Ring (including Mini layouts) and Special Stages Routes 5 and 11 the only tracks from the first Gran Turismo that need to be in GT7.

I can imagine Autumn Ring being set in Canada (hence the name and maple leaves surrounding the track), and Special Stages Routes 5 and 11 being set in Los Angeles (most especially with Route 11 being close to the Santa Monica Pier). The latter being set in Los Angeles would make sense as Special Stage Route X is set in San Diego.

Every new track in GT7 is either a reimagining of classic tracks, or real-world tracks from IMSA.

Last edited:
They should have come up with a completely new original coastal track, then they would have had more freedom to create, instead of being locked into a fixed shape. Then they probably would have a majority of the base liking it instead of splitting the base.

This leaves Autumn Ring (including Mini layouts) and Special Stages Routes 5 and 11 the only tracks from the first Gran Turismo that need to be in GT7.

I can imagine Autumn Ring being set in Canada (hence the name and maple leaves surrounding the track), and Special Stages Routes 5 and 11 being set in Los Angeles (most especially with Route 11 being close to the Santa Monica Pier). The latter being set in Los Angeles would make sense as Special Stage Route X is set in San Diego.

Every new track in GT7 is either a reimagining of classic tracks, or real-world tracks from IMSA.
My biggest GT7 fantasy is that we get those tracks and then get Menu Books for retro 1997 throwback Sunday, Clubman, and Gran Turismo Cup championship events on the updated tracks.

Grand Valley Speedway as well.
15D6DE41-FE71-483D-B19C-3F964CBB8421.jpeg

Have spent much of the evening on the new track. And have to say... It's not grand valley.

I mean it has a similar layout, but it has lost the atmosphere, GV was a vibrant racetrack, now all those stands and features have been replaced with washed out scenery. Trackside grass and rumble strips have become dull sandy brown patches.

It is closer to being the miserable dust bowl of Willow Springs than it is Grand Valley.

So here's an AI generated photo of how the Grand Valley iconic bridge should look on the new Grand Valley location. I really don't know why they removed the most memorable landscape of the track. Maybe it's because this type of bridge somehow doesn't make sense to be in this new place, I guess? But it surely looks prettier that way.

*Of course this photo will look weird in a lot of spots since it's generated by AI, but you get the idea.

OIG (9).jpeg

Last edited:
03.10.23 Pauls Slide 1.jpg
03.14.23 PM 10.7 2.jpg
03.14.23 Dani Creek 2.jpg

As some of you may know, the part of California that Grand Valley Highway 1 (PCH) is based on has gotten the 🤬 kicked out of it by the resent storms to roll over the Pacific Coast Highway. This is not a new thing. In fact, every year something seems to change the look or path of this (mostly) stunning landscape up and down the west coast of the United States.

Here are a few links that will keep you updated on the real world PCH.

Right after the storms came through:
https://amp.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article273250180.html

As of April 6th 2023:
https://www.sfgate.com/centralcoast/article/big-sur-tourism-return-after-storms-17880472.php

May 20th update:

*I will keep updating this post as things change.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't trust PD not to screw up remaking their own tracks. They have no interest in bringing back the tracks that players want with the layouts that players actually raced on.
To be fair, some of the old tracks are not going to be all that raceable online with faster stuff like LMP1 cars, it'd just be a lot of car crashing chaos in the dailies so I get why PD have done everything they can to change the layout to something more Race-friendly, modern and intuitive. If they're not going to be making more original tracks, we at least get re-imagined versions of old stuff, doesn't seem so bad?

The other arguement being, these old tracks were never ideal in the first place and were limited in scope due to the hardware, so now we have great console hardware, they can give us perhaps something closer to what their vision was way back then. But who knows. But it never made sense to me that parts of GVS on GT3 (particularly last sections of the track) looked more like a standard race circuit than a race through mountains

Last edited:
So here's an AI generated photo of how the Grand Valley iconic bridge should look on the new Grand Valley location. I really don't know why they removed the most memorable landscape of the track. Maybe it's because this type of bridge somehow doesn't make sense to be in this new place, I guess? But it surely looks prettier that way.

*Of course this photo will look weird in a lot of spots since it's generated by AI, but you get the idea.

View attachment 1243177
I remember Kaz saying that a company was interested in bringing Grand Valley to the real world. If I remember correctly, it would be built in Japan.

Would the real Grand Valley have this bridge?

What I think is that Grand Valley Speedway is one thing... and that Grand Valley Highway - brought to a 'real location' - is another...

My opinion is that Grand Valley Speedway is still alive. ;)

Last edited:
I remember Kaz saying that a company was interested in bringing Grand Valley to the real world. If I remember correctly, it would be built in Japan.
Not entirely correct, no. An engineering company ran a feasibility study on doing so as part of a series of "fantasy" projects - which included a gundam suit - with no particular design on doing so in reality.

You can view it here (in Japanese): http://www.maeda.co.jp/fantasy/project03/01.html

Last edited:
I’m just now running GVH1 Reverse layout. Giving me Pikes Peak vibes with the climb up. I much prefer the reverse of this track.
And - as I said before - the replay in reverse has much more scenic angles than the normal. (3 laps for full cycle of angles ;) ).

Last edited:
I’m just now running GVH1 Reverse layout. Giving me Pikes Peak vibes with the climb up. I much prefer the reverse of this track.
Yeah mate I've been running the GV south Reverse layout and its honestly one of my favorite tracks in the game. I think the Historic Sports Car Masters event was the first time I raced it but fell in love with it from there. Besides a douzy of a first corner through the tunnel, the first sector flows better than the regular direction winding along the cliff at the bottom of the hill and then the climb through the cut-out cut through up to the final hairpin is chef kiss. Perfect for Gr.4 races!

Yeah that final/first chicane is definitely a lot easier in the reverse direction thats for sure!

Easier sure, but more fun in the standard track than the reverse one. The standard version has a much better flow all around than reverse.

Back