Gravel: New Off-Road Racer Coming to PS4, XB1 & PC Early 2018

kjb
I bought this a while back on the OS Store for $4. I still haven't tried it out yet. I might finally get around to next week

It's a good game, cheesy commentator which dodgy English translations, quite funny listening to the nonsense 😁

I completed the base game years ago but none of the DLC, still on my to do list.

It's a good game, cheesy commentator which dodgy English translations, quite funny listening to the nonsense 😁

I completed the base game years ago but none of the DLC, still on my to do list.
Yeah, the voiceover guy is LOL hilarious and gives me definite Sega Rally vibes. "If you didn't faint while watching this race, you must be used to strong emotions!!"

I've already played this longer than I did Crew: Motorfest and I paid twenty times as much for that game.

That one time trial in Ice & Fire with the slot machine arrows really kicked my arse though. I had to turn the difficulty down to medium to beat it. Maybe one of the unlocked cars will give me a better time.

Last edited:
I was curious about that game when it came out, and at that price I guess it's worth trying out.

Last edited:
Yeah, picked this up when it was on sale on the PS store a couple of years back. I enjoyed my time with it. I'd be down for a sequel if it ever happened.

I bought it for like £3 a couple of years ago when it was on sale but don’t think I’ve ever actually loaded it up.

No time like the present I guess!

Like most people here I picked this game up in the sales when it was about £3 a couple of years ago (it has seemed to appear in pretty much every PS Store sale since for a similar price) and for that price it is well worth it. It's not the greatest game but it is fun and has a very nice car list, especially some of the rally raid machines. I bought V-Rally 4 at the same time for near enough the same price and got a lot more enjoyment out of Gravel.

Yeah V-Rally 4 is pretty weak. A poor man’s DiRT 5, WRC, SLRE….doesn’t know what it wants to be and radiates averageness in all of it. Some of the stages are nice though, as per all KT rally games.

Well, that's half the achievements done so far and the career is about halfway through. I've had a blast these past three days, even if Arizona Long Layout is a bit hard to get used to. The AI really fight for their position even if you pass them but once you start to unlock the better performing cars it becomes a little easier.

Screenshot_20240225_142629_Xbox.jpg

Last edited:
Man the first head to head using raid trucks is hard.

I love hate the handling of the raid trucks.

It's certainly different and feels authentic compared to the other vehicles which is cool but I hate it lol

The stadium tracks are harder than checkpoint cross-country races but the time attacks seem to be out of all proportion to the AI's performance in races.

For me Smash-Up events are the worst though. Driving through a random pick out of multiple gates while also trying to concentrate on the track layout, with racing line and rewind disabled for good measure, is a major difficulty spike when compared to the races and head-to-heads. Needless to say the AI times are gruellingly fast on these as well.

Wow, the Toyota 222D was very quick around Franciacorta. I managed to gain two seconds on my Delta S4 time. Luckily weight transfer is almost nonexistent with this arcade handling model.

[EDIT] Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case with stadium truck races, however. Oy.

Last edited:
Steam's turn for a sale on Gravel now.

90% off, so £1.59 for the standard version and £3.90 for the Game and DLC bundle. I've gone for it despite having it for PlayStation, just to see how it compares and hopefully get a mapped handbrake.

Back