• Thread starter vid_speed
  • 69 comments

Do you support this

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Croatia
Croatia
vid_speed
Hello, after being offline im here on gt planet again.

This time i am bringing you wonderfull idea how to improve gt sport.

But first,story:So being 14 and from Croatia that doesnt put me in good financial situation.I bought my PS4 yesterday(i have to pick it up tho), and i am saving for gt sport.The ting is that i have to pay for online, and gt sport is mostly online game.You know paying for game and than paying so i can play it fully isnt greatest concept.

GIVE GT SPORT FREEONLINE
Yup that is my great idea.
Simple,right?

What playconcept:
Complete game
Full acess to all competitions including GTS world championship
Some people might buy gt sport just to try online features of PS4.

What sony and pd get:
It might be te reason for buying ps4 in some not so economicaly wealth country.
People who usualy dont buy ps plus might like online component of gts,and they might buy ps plus so they can enjoy rest of their games online.
Sony will raise in customers eyes for this "free online"

It is simple,if you support this share it with other people and if enough people support this we will achieve this.

Best wishes and greetings from Croatia.

GT Sport sells ps+, ps+ supports the game. The game itself is already heavily discounted. There would be no free updates without the online paywall. The alternative is paid for DLC, splitting the user base between haves and have nots when new tracks and cars are added.

Paying twice sucks, yet you can't expect a game being supported for years for just a $40 initial investment.

I have no problems at all,paying 60 for ps plus,plus i get 1 free game per month.
To me that is a bargain. As for kaz and sony,they will do what they want,it is their product.

gt sport is mostly online game

Only if you choose to play that way.

Personally, I have never used Sport Mode and I race in an online lobby only once per week. Yet I have played this game almost every day since launch.

There is a wealth of single-player fun in this game, so you could just stick to single-player until you save up enough for PS+

Realize that they (Sony and PD) have a business to run and they are already giving away extra game content which is outside the scope of the advertised GTS game. The money for these ongoing development efforts has to come from somewhere!

unfortunately you need PS+ for all online games on PS4. Paid subscription really put me off xbox and helped me choose PS3 back in the day.

Having said that, PS+ does give you access to a lot of free games and discounts to games, it is worth the subscription, you could do 3 months on, 3 months off and there are often vouchers for free months/discounted.

Free online gaming? It's a bloody great idea.

Whoever voted no needs their head checked.

You're basically saying you wouldn't want free online gaming.

Fair enough the young guy has the idea that more sales of the PS4 would make up for it which very well might not work. But in essence he is asking would you like free online gaming.

Fair enough the young guy has the idea that more sales of the PS4 would make up for it which very well might not work. But in essence he is asking would you like free online gaming.
Read the other comments first

At the cost of what though? There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Other games launch with 700 cars. Need a whole lot of free DLC to match that.

And when Forza had less cars than Gran Turismo, did they give the cars for free? No. If a game has more cars, that doesn't mean that the other has to give the cars for free. You can choose if you want or not to buy it.

Hello, after being offline im here on gt planet again.

This time i am bringing you wonderfull idea how to improve gt sport.

But first,story:So being 14 and from Croatia that doesnt put me in good financial situation.I bought my PS4 yesterday(i have to pick it up tho), and i am saving for gt sport.The ting is that i have to pay for online, and gt sport is mostly online game.You know paying for game and than paying so i can play it fully isnt greatest concept.

GIVE GT SPORT FREEONLINE
Yup that is my great idea.
Simple,right?

What playconcept:
Complete game
Full acess to all competitions including GTS world championship
Some people might buy gt sport just to try online features of PS4.

What sony and pd get:
It might be te reason for buying ps4 in some not so economicaly wealth country.
People who usualy dont buy ps plus might like online component of gts,and they might buy ps plus so they can enjoy rest of their games online.
Sony will raise in customers eyes for this "free online"

It is simple,if you support this share it with other people and if enough people support this we will achieve this.

Best wishes and greetings from Croatia.

I would rather pay for the full game and PS Plus than playing a free to play version which might include a lot of micro transactions. Also, PS Plus has a great value: at least 2 games/month for PS4 ( you might get even more if the game has cross-buy enabled) , a PSVR game, extra discounts, online play for every game and online storage for your save files.

Last edited:
@vid_speed Nice idea dude. Unfortunately, from a business perspective, companies need to balance how much they can squeeze out of a customer before they pop and to be fair to Sony and PD, they aren't squeezing that hard in the grand scheme of things.
For my 278hrs of play since release, even considering I got the 'deluxe' version and factoring in a PS+ payment, I'm at less than 35p (€0.3) an hour already and until paid dlc comes along, that'll continue to drop.
That's not bad value for me but it's up to you how much you extract from your purchase.
Heck, even if I factored in the price of a PS4 pro (which I don't have), I reckon I could be closing in on £1 an hour.

Well, thnks for responds.I just taught that it is little dumb to pay for the game first and than i need to pay 60$ to play most of it.

You'd need to pay to use most games nowadays on PS.
Look on the bright side, you're getting gtleague, a handful of extra tracks and a good few cars on top of what a lot of us got on day 1. And more are coming soon.

And when Forza had less cars than Gran Turismo, did they give the cars for free? No. If a game has more cars, that doesn't mean that the other has to give the cars for free. You can choose if you want or not to buy it.
Not sure what point you are trying to make to be honest but yes, Forza has had free DLC in the current gen era, usually on par with free DLC for GT6.

Other games launch with 700 cars. Need a whole lot of free DLC to match that.

If you bought GT Sport expecting to have 700 cars, then I have a spare bridge to sell you.

If you expected what they advertised in the way of car content, then you received what you expected, and did not need a "whole lot of DLC" to make you whole. Any DLC that has been delivered after launch for free is a bonus. Time to say "thank you".

And wasn’t really related to the point, but anything to bring up Forza, right?
The person I responded to slagged other games to get his point across. I simply brought the point a little closer to home with the Forza example. I find it ludicrous to be thankful for free DLC when your main competitor already has 4x the cars you have.

Any -racing or not- game in PS4 needs Plus sub in order to be used online.
GTS,Pcars 2,NFS,"whatever" title.
So bringing up the "free" update car list is a weak argument (to justify the Plus sub) in this situation as much as talking about racing games offered in other platforms.
If we go down that road "GTS has free cars" vs "Forza/PCars has a better car/track list" then fans from any title would have ways to make their "favorite" look like a better deal one way or another.
"Forza has x 4 car list"...
but
"GTS does not have paid DLC"
but
"Forza has a more complete list to begin with..."
but.....
Since every game in PS4,needs a Plus in order to be used online when you want to buy and play online for one year any PS4 title,it cost is:
Game+Plus price for a year.
Lets say I can buy GTS for 30 Euros -hard copy used or not-.If I want to play online that means I need to spend 30+59,99 (Plus)=89,99 euros for the one year.Those 59,99 euros would give me access to online play in all other titles I'll buy.So the more games I buy,the "less" money I pay for online gaming (per game),making online gaming cost less when I actually pay more money in total to SONY (if that makes sense).
Example:
GTS (only) :30+59,99=89,99 for one game
GTS + Destiny 2 (random game and price example) : 30+30+59,99=119,99 or 59,89 per game.
So,more games added to my collection means "less" money I spend for online gaming -per game-.
In case of comparing just one game with any other (similar title) in other platforms then PS4 games could actually be a lot more expensive than what people may think.
Example:
GTS (30 dollars) + PS plus for one year=89,99 (for our US friends)
How much is the money for the basic iRacing (the most expensive sim racing game in PC) for one year?
66 dollars for the basic one year pachage.
So in reality,if I want to make any online PS4 title a "value for money title" I need to do 2 things:
a)Buy at least 2 titles and
b)After their price is reduced (aka not when those games are released).
Because If I want to buy GTS (or Pcars 2 or whatever title) "standard" edition and play one year (online) only that title,with the first day release price tag :
69,99 +59,99= 129,98 for one year.
At this moment the standard edition of GTS in PS store is actually 59,99 -Europe-.So the price of the game (digital) -with online use- is 119,98 Euros for one year, almost double the price of one year iRacing basic sub -the "most expensive" sim in the PC market-.
So atm if I go to the Ps store and want to get GTS with online access (one year) I have to pay 119,98 Euro for the standard edition.
Pcars 2 would cost me 129,98 euros atm.
Dirt 4 would cost me 129,98 atm.
A.Corsa would cost me 72,98 atm.
If I buy all 4 titles:
59,99+69,99+69,99+12,99+59,99=272,95 or 54,59 per game -online cost-.

All these are without any paid DLC added.
So,the more money I spend to SONY PS4 games,the less expessive those games are.
What can I get if I spend the same amount of money on PC racing titles for one year online gaming atm?
150 to iRacing (with DCL money spend in the game)
29,99 for rFactor 2
27,99 for A.Corsa
59,99 for Pcars 2
and still have 5 euros less money spend for 1 year of online racing titles-plus I would not need to add more money to play rFactor,AC or Pcars 2 online after that first year-.
So in order to actually make any valid "value for money" argument for any racing title in PS4 you need to :
A) Buy more that one game (in order to make Ps Plus price drop per game) and
B)wait for a price drop at the same time.
Now,I know that with Plus you get free games but those are sometimes games you may not like or play so I dont bring it up here.Especially if you are a sim/racing game fan and you only play that kind of titles,the "extra/free" games mean nothing to you (90% of the time).
We know that sim racing is kinda an expensive hobby.The more you spend,the better experience you have:VP,rigs,wheels and so on.
But as far as the titles (compared to each other) then we have to dig a little more further to make a solid "value for price" arguments than just "car/track" list -for online racing that is at least-.
And "sim" racing do not actually come cheap in consoles as many people think.Now,does that kind of money actually gets people the experience that worth that price tag?
We could go on for months/years talking about that.....
As far as OP's idea:If you want "free" online racing then you should have not picked up PS4 in the first place.PS4 cost less money than a gaming PC but online gaming is not free and it has a price tag of 59,99 euros per year (atm).

Any -racing or not- game in PS4 needs Plus sub in order to be used online.
GTS,Pcars 2,NFS,"whatever" title.
So bringing up the "free" update car list is a weak argument (to justify the Plus sub) in this situation as much as talking about racing games offered in other platforms.
If we go down that road "GTS has free cars" vs "Forza/PCars has a better car/track list" then fans from any title would have ways to make their "favorite" look like a better deal one way or another.
"Forza has x 4 car list"...
but
"GTS does not have paid DLC"
but
"Forza has a more complete list to begin with..."
but.....
Since every game in PS4,needs a Plus in order to be used online when you want to buy and play online for one year any PS4 title,it cost is:
Game+Plus price for a year.
Lets say I can buy GTS for 30 Euros -hard copy used or not-.If I want to play online that means I need to spend 30+59,99 (Plus)=89,99 euros for the one year.Those 59,99 euros would give me access to online play in all other titles I'll buy.So the more games I buy,the "less" money I pay for online gaming (per game),making online gaming cost less when I actually pay more money in total to SONY (if that makes sense).
Example:
GTS (only) :30+59,99=89,99 for one game
GTS + Destiny 2 (random game and price example) : 30+30+59,99=119,99 or 59,89 per game.
So,more games added to my collection means "less" money I spend for online gaming -per game-.
In case of comparing just one game with any other (similar title) in other platforms then PS4 games could actually be a lot more expensive than what people may think.
Example:
GTS (30 dollars) + PS plus for one year=89,99 (for our US friends)
How much is the money for the basic iRacing (the most expensive sim racing game in PC) for one year?
66 dollars for the basic one year pachage.
So in reality,if I want to make any online PS4 title a "value for money title" I need to do 2 things:
a)Buy at least 2 titles and
b)After their price is reduced (aka not when those games are released).
Because If I want to buy GTS (or Pcars 2 or whatever title) "standard" edition and play one year (online) only that title,with the first day release price tag :
69,99 +59,99= 129,98 for one year.
At this moment the standard edition of GTS in PS store is actually 59,99 -Europe-.So the price of the game (digital) -with online use- is 119,98 Euros for one year, almost double the price of one year iRacing basic sub -the "most expensive" sim in the PC market-.
So atm if I go to the Ps store and want to get GTS with online access (one year) I have to pay 119,98 Euro for the standard edition.
Pcars 2 would cost me 129,98 euros atm.
Dirt 4 would cost me 129,98 atm.
A.Corsa would cost me 72,98 atm.
If I buy all 4 titles:
59,99+69,99+69,99+12,99+59,99=272,95 or 54,59 per game -online cost-.

All these are without any paid DLC added.
So,the more money I spend to SONY PS4 games,the less expessive those games are.
What can I get if I spend the same amount of money on PC racing titles for one year online gaming atm?
150 to iRacing (with DCL money spend in the game)
29,99 for rFactor 2
27,99 for A.Corsa
59,99 for Pcars 2
and still have 5 euros less money spend for 1 year of online racing titles-plus I would not need to add more money to play rFactor,AC or Pcars 2 online after that first year-.
So in order to actually make any valid "value for money" argument for any racing title in PS4 you need to :
A) Buy more that one game (in order to make Ps Plus price drop per game) and
B)wait for a price drop at the same time.
Now,I know that with Plus you get free games but those are sometimes games you may not like or play so I dont bring it up here.Especially if you are a sim/racing game fan and you only play that kind of titles,the "extra/free" games mean nothing to you (90% of the time).
We know that sim racing is kinda an expensive hobby.The more you spend,the better experience you have:VP,rigs,wheels and so on.
But as far as the titles (compared to each other) then we have to dig a little more further to make a solid "value for price" arguments than just "car/track" list -for online racing that is at least-.
And "sim" racing do not actually come cheap in consoles as many people think.Now,does that kind of money actually gets people the experience that worth that price tag?
We could go on for months/years talking about that.....
As far as OP's idea:If you want "free" online racing then you should have not picked up PS4 in the first place.PS4 cost less money than a gaming PC but online gaming is not free and it has a price tag of 59,99 euros per year (atm).
Yeah... Kid is 14 years old..he probably has time to play more than one game in a day. And free games he gets from ps plus subscription, then f2p world of tanks, warframe, war thunder etc.. Buying gaming pc, big nono at the current GPU prices..

And when Forza had less cars than Gran Turismo, did they give the cars for free?
Yes, they actually did. There was free content in every iteration this generation, the most being in FM5 when the car list was mirroring the issue GTS is currently facing.

Back