Great idea for GT4

  • Thread starter Thread starter skylinevspec2
  • 22 comments
  • 1,325 views
Messages
37
I hope in GT4, players can be able to edit their own color of their car. Just like auto modellista's color edit option. I'd like to hear your opinions.
 
Paint option inside GT Auto option would do it. I'd also like a matt colors, not just shiny and metallic ones.

I don't care about painting the parts into differnet colors though (AutoModellista and so on), I just want to be able to pay for the color change (10 000 credits or whatever), so all of my cars can be in the same color, including bonus cars.

But I just think it ain't gonna happen, cause the licences and licenced color-palette of every car/manufactorer.
 
I don't think that is possible in the GT series... if you have tryed to model a car to use in a computer game you must know that in most cases each color variation requires new textures, and this seems to be the case in the GT series. So you cant just go and 'paint' the car with a diferent color...
 
indeed you could, but you cant make it any color you want only the colors for that car like when you buy it new, I dunno how hard it is but if they used the same codes as in the dealership, like if you brought a civic you could only use the same colors that were provided in the dealership. like I said I dunno how hard it is to do but it shouldnt be THAT hard, even if I only have a limited amount for each car who cares aslong as I could change the color cuz heck its better than having it the same color...
 
I have a strong feeling HP limited races are coming back in GT4. So, I would like to have the following.

1. The ability to work on your car in the garage. That's what it's for anyway, right? It was a pain reducing your car's HP in GT2. You had to take it to another race in order to reduce the HP when it had to much for a certain race. This was a pain.

2. The ability to use restricter plates to reduce HP on cars with too much, or to slow down a car when it's too fast for the AIs. I figured maybe use three plates max, I think using more than one is possible IRL, with plate ratings at 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 HP.


How about more than just a car for a prize when you win a race. Something like a car, and car parts. Say, a small car along with a set of sport tires, or weight reduction. Have a "parts bin" in the garage to store all the parts you win, so you can use the parts on any car you wish to. The harder the race becomes, the better the part.
 
you might be able to change the color of your car as you wish in gt4.

based on that GT4 clips where it shows 350z in grassy area with color grid above it.
 
hmm yea maybe you could change it to any color but one question, this thread is about changing color why is someone talking about HP limitaions?? maybe you should try another post....
 
Originally posted by Rport03
hmm yea maybe you could change it to any color but one question, this thread is about changing color why is someone talking about HP limitaions?? maybe you should try another post....

You don't have to limit this thread to just one idea. Try coming up with one of your own. Come on, DOO IT!

:D
 
yes its indeed a godo idea for a paint shop or so. its a pain buying a new car when your bored with your color, or if you get a car you want but not the color you want -_-':irked:
 
Yes Solid, the option to change the parts in garage would do.

Hope for that, I want that since the first game.
 
I'm sure they could put a texture editor in but limit what you could do to the textures so no stupid looking cars driving round in GT online.
 
Yes it would be cool indeed, but did you really have to mention Auto Modalista :yuck:
The most stupid racegame i ever played.
Yeah cell shade graphics was cool ( for about 10 minutes) :grumpy:
 
Solid Lifters
I have a strong feeling HP limited races are coming back in GT4. So, I would like to have the following.

1. The ability to work on your car in the garage. That's what it's for anyway, right? It was a pain reducing your car's HP in GT2. You had to take it to another race in order to reduce the HP when it had to much for a certain race. This was a pain.

2. The ability to use restricter plates to reduce HP on cars with too much, or to slow down a car when it's too fast for the AIs. I figured maybe use three plates max, I think using more than one is possible IRL, with plate ratings at 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 HP.


How about more than just a car for a prize when you win a race. Something like a car, and car parts. Say, a small car along with a set of sport tires, or weight reduction. Have a "parts bin" in the garage to store all the parts you win, so you can use the parts on any car you wish to. The harder the race becomes, the better the part.

those are killer idears 👍

for my new feature, I'd put in a pace car that you can drive in B-Spec. I'd totally f^ck around with the pack by going slow...FAST...slow....FAST and then I'd spin it around and drive backwards on the straights. I'd aslo psych'em out by pretending to pit, then come flying back out :dopey:
 
^ I like forcing AI cars to pit...thatsa fun-a !
 
i think itll be kinda nice to be able to test your car out on dynos in gt4, and do the necessary modifcations and setting adjustments.
 
Monster7
I just want the game to be released. :banghead:
nod.gif
werd.gif
 
Solid Lifters
I have a strong feeling HP limited races are coming back in GT4. So, I would like to have the following.

1. The ability to work on your car in the garage. That's what it's for anyway, right? It was a pain reducing your car's HP in GT2. You had to take it to another race in order to reduce the HP when it had to much for a certain race. This was a pain.

2. The ability to use restricter plates to reduce HP on cars with too much, or to slow down a car when it's too fast for the AIs. I figured maybe use three plates max, I think using more than one is possible IRL, with plate ratings at 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 HP.


How about more than just a car for a prize when you win a race. Something like a car, and car parts. Say, a small car along with a set of sport tires, or weight reduction. Have a "parts bin" in the garage to store all the parts you win, so you can use the parts on any car you wish to. The harder the race becomes, the better the part.
I agree totally, cool ideas. 👍
 
Solid Lifters
I have a strong feeling HP limited races are coming back in GT4. So, I would like to have the following.

1. The ability to work on your car in the garage. That's what it's for anyway, right? It was a pain reducing your car's HP in GT2. You had to take it to another race in order to reduce the HP when it had to much for a certain race. This was a pain.

2. The ability to use restricter plates to reduce HP on cars with too much, or to slow down a car when it's too fast for the AIs. I figured maybe use three plates max, I think using more than one is possible IRL, with plate ratings at 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 HP.


your ideas got me thinkin... how about a timed delay for a car that the comp rates higher, kinda like a open class drag raceing... i dunno ??
 
Auto M. was more of a Anime Racing Game or something like that. Turning was completely drifting. It was impossible to make the car turn around a corner in GT4.
That meant none of the cars had grip. I admit, it was fun, and ok. The customize your garage thing was cool. But it really needed some more work. Now if it had been more life-like and a few more options, it may have actually made a big competitor.

BTW, in GT4, I would love to see that you could actually walk around inside a giant garage from car to car, and then choosing the one you want. Then the screen would load to a new screen where's it in a race-like single car garage, and then you choose your options there.

A giant garage with car spaces each space being occupied as you race, and a single race car like in Pro Race Driver before the race. That would be awesome, IMO. 👍
 
Monster7
I just want the game to be released. :banghead:

^ I totally agree, the rest is too much crap now. 👎

I've been waiting too damn long, so enough already!! :grumpy:
 
I know that the following idea really doesn't make a difference because the game is probably almost finished but I would really like to see time trial races in the game and not only in the arcade mode. Almost like bracket racing in Drag. I think that would be fun.
 
Well I would hope they bring back the Car Modification setting from the GT1 & GT2. I would really enjoy having that setting back because in GT3 there were some rides that would of look awesome with some body upgrades. Hopefully if its in there they add plenty of optionable sponsors. :)
 
Back