Greatest Car Stunt Ever Attempted

  • Thread starter Thread starter Duke
  • 17 comments
  • 939 views

Duke

Keep 'em separated
Staff Emeritus
Messages
24,344
United States
Midlantic Area
Messages
GTP_Duke
Talking about failure. That is just plain stupid to even try something like that.
 
Did anyone do anykind of calculations for anything before that stupid stunt?
 
Well, it looks like they calculated the ramp fairly well, and maybe even the thrust. What they apparently failed to calculate was that a crappy mid-'70s Ford product would fly to pieces at 300 mph.
 
arg, he was so close aswell! :ouch::D
 
Even Bo Duke wouldn't be crazy enough to attempt THAT.
 
You'd have to be an absolute imbecile to think a Lincoln Continental could withstand that kind of pressure.
 
Lmao! Damn, when he hit the ramp I thought he had a chance....

ЯebЯuM;2469324
I remember that from The Faces of Death

classic stupidity to the nth power

Hmm, never knew FoD was that old.
 
Double post, ignore.
 
That was awesome. Reminds me of Hooper, except with disintergration. But I digress: The barrel roll from Man With the Golden Gun beats that regardless.
 
Heh, funny. I wonder what they thought would happen if had he made it to the other side going at 300mph falling out of the sky.
 
Yeah, he failed but at least he had some backbone. Oh wait..
 
That's some initial take-off speed! Too bad he'd tried a vehicle with the aerodynamics of a Wurlitzer.
 
He's lucky he landed in the water. Imagine slamming into the ground at crazy speeds like that? I guess that's what you get for living your life trying to please others.
 
:lol:

"Powers was lucky, he had broken his back."

Great stuff!
 
Back