Greatest player in the history of Gran Turismo?

IMG_0703.PNG

:D

For me the greatest players of Gran Turismo have always been those who post top times in Licences , Time Trials , 1/4 mile , top speeds and so on..

Seeing someone regularly qualify well and then converting it into good results are my prerequisites for the 'greatest'.

Seeing someone regularly qualify well and then converting it into good results are my prerequisites for the 'greatest'.
The great players are the ones who don't bother qualifying but still end up winning, by that logic the best I have played against is easily Igor Fraga.

Tough to say. Fraga has done some shady stuff involving lifting when he shouldn’t be, but he obviously has the skill to back up his win in the 2018 season. On top of that, he’s also a racing driver.

Hizal obviously, being the only other recipient of the nations cup (so far) in 2019.

I think the guys who win the manufacturers cups deserve a little less credit in my opinion given the unbalanced BoP. No way Hyundai’s ever winning the manufacturers cup even with the best drivers given the current state of things. Controversial perhaps, but that’s the way I feel. I know it’s not happening given the nature of Manufacturer’s, but I’d have more respect if they were all driving 911 Cup cars.

Just a little add-on here but Jeremy Clarkson for the two minutes where he lapped Laguna Seca in the Blue NSX during old Top Gear.

Also Steve, or F4H Super GT for best Memelord.

Last edited:
The great players are the ones who don't bother qualifying but still end up winning, by that logic the best I have played against is easily Igor Fraga.

Good to watch his last to first streams (when he sticks with English language...) but most of the EU's top drivers stay away from sport mode so it's not a real measure.

:embarrassed:

There are so many ways to measure greatness in these games.
For me the greatest players of Gran Turismo have always been those who post top times in Licences , Time Trials , 1/4 mile , top speeds and so on..

Thanks :bowdown:My Friend, I'm a little embarrased to be compared to such fast and awesome player/driver ...

My legendary player, rival and friend at the time of GT4 , was Masterstorm, he was always at the top in the challenge for the top speed... (I feed old thinking to that times...)

IR

TRL_IMMORTAL comes to mind. Probably the most impressive player I've ever seen.

In the GTSport era, I'd say @TRL LIGHTNING and @Tidgney. Hizal for the absolute insane pace and consistency with pretty much any car you through at him. Tidgney, not only because he's one of the fastest in the world, but above all, the positive impact he's had in the community for years and years (since GT Academy on GT5).

That's very kind mate but not sure I'd be the greatest :), but I'm very honoured my name was even mentioned :embarrassed:!

That was one of ours:
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-academy-too-fast-for-british-gt/

Jann was never the fastest in Gran Turismo though. I think he qualified 5th or 6th in Europe for GT Academy in 2010 (which is... fast), but his ability in driving real cars - and to learn more about driving - was what won him the competition. He's certainly done the most with GT as the start point though.

Famines going to hate me, but 2011 haha :P! Here's the leaderboards :). Might actually remind quite a few people of some of the old fast legends. PotassiumK was Dan Holland as well.

upload_2020-1-4_13-54-33.png

In terms of greatest ever player I do think it's impossible. However some honourable mentions from me;
  • @TRL LIGHTNING: I don't know of any player who can get up to speed as quick and be on world record pace so fast as anybody else.
  • Igor: There's no denying winning the first championship is something else and continues to prove competitiveness.
  • Dan Holland: Dan has been up there the entire time in terms of records so can't really not mention Dan.
  • Ti-Tech: Ever since I played all I ever did was go "What did Ti-Tech get" etc. If that doesn't show he's one of the greats no idea what would.
  • LShooter: Literally finds time in places and I'm always like "WTF"
  • Immortal: I still remember when he first came on the scene in 2012, and me, Dan and Immortal battled at the top for the post GT Academy Timetrial in the GTR with SRF forced on. Immortal then just continued on an insane run.
  • Samurai405 (Think it was those numbers at the end): Absolute super alien on a pad throughout the years and actually stayed on a pad to boot.
  • Lucas: First ever winner of GT Academy, no doubting here it helped Gran Turismo to continue on as well as it did.
  • Jann: Most successful GT Academy winner it could be argued?
  • Eddskills: Just in terms of greatest UK player, dude was an absolute legend in the GT Academy days and very hard to beat!

Apologies if I missed anyone but ye they are my honourable mentions :)!

I remember the older days and probably the first Alien of GT :P Does anyone remember Weise/Arco? That guy had me pushing like mad trying to beat his License and TT times in GT2/GT3 days :bowdown: As I said every rendition of Gran Turismo has it's own top players.. I haven't seen anyone mention Wolf Aono from GT5/GT6 days either? That guy was a killer on the seasonal events also! ... there's so many greats and to pick an overall king is like trying to pick your nose with a shovel.. quite impossible ;)👍

Not sure if anyone ever encountered Gartmaier in an online race but in road cars that guy is unbeatable.

Hard to say who's the greatest of all time when combining every single game, but in my opinion the best from the games that I'm familiar with are:

GT Sport: TRL_LIGHTNING, IOF_RACING17, L-Shooter_RB26
GT6: TRL_IMMORTAL, L-Shooter_RB26
GT5: Amo_Racing87, Ti-tech85, TRL_IMMORTAL
This is the correct answer, though I would add Dan Holland too, in all games + GT4:scared: ^^ :P

Raw speed (not taking into account live racing), Holl01, his ability dominate on pavement AND dirt in equal fashion is absurd (I might be the only one who misses him around here, haha). TiTech85, and Lighning (who I want to say was with us at GT3Times.com way back in the day) also round out that list.

The best in live racing IOF_Racing and Lighning are kings, razor thin margin of difference there.

So all things considered, my vote is for Lightning as the best overall, taking every type of racing into account.

Jerome

Well, since the cars are HEAVY, shouldn't it be the smallest GT player in the world? we want no extra weight on the HEAVY car
7ELZbfN75c-2.png

Jokes Aside, from who I interacted with while playing. my hat goes for @Tidgney and @TRL LIGHTNING for being super friendly and humble either here in the forums, or even in lobbies. Always with a good mood and friendly towards everyone. That in my eyes, is way more important than just being dA BeST. Tidge even a bigger wow for dem guides. you guys rock.

Other than that, Me. I played way better than my uncle when i first tried GT1 with 7 years.
I'm dA BeSt.

Well, since the cars are HEAVY, shouldn't it be the smallest GT player in the world? we want no extra weight on the HEAVY car
7ELZbfN75c-2.png
Well, he actually excels in Daytona and maybe the Indy Speedway. Other than that...

Back