GRID Autosport Races Onto the Nintendo Switch This Summer

GRID Autosport is pretty solid. Codemasters went back to basics after GRID 2's more arcadey handling and more glitz and glamor presentation did put me off a little bit. I find it interesting that this game got ported to i0S and Switch, but the PS4 and Xbox One never got a current gen iteration or even a remaster.

I would liked to see a how a PS4 GRID would be like but Codemasters did put their focus on F1 and DiRT in this generation. Maybe a GRID for current gen consoles would've been falling to the wayside against the likes of GT Sport, Forza, and sims like Assetto Corsa and Project C.A.R.S

Kinda hilarious on how they prioritize mobile device first than Switch.

Just to show how far the mobile tech goes.

Last edited:
Nah. Wasnt impressive back in the day and sure isnt today. Without wheel support, the Switch isnt meant to be for racing anyway.

I like Grid Autosport a lot, played it a bit recently as it’s now backwards compatible on Xbox. Still looks and plays very good.

I would buy a Switch for this but isn’t Switch missing analogue sticks buttons needed for racing?

PSVR would be brilliant

Pretty cool game, MUCH better than Grid 2.
With that said, I feel like this game has the slowest progression of any racing game I’ve ever play: and I BEAT Metropolis Street Racer AND Enthusia.

Posted these in the Switch thread the other day.

First Grid Autosport screenshots! Looks pretty good visually.

grid2.900x.jpg

grid1.900x.jpg

grid3.900x.jpg

I would buy a Switch for this but isn’t Switch missing analogue sticks buttons needed for racing?
There are no analog triggers -- though I have no idea if Autosport would support the Gamecube controller adapter. But that's not the problem it's made out to be if you ask me. Few racing games even demand careful throttle control, and the ones that do could still be played with the dampening you'll get with digital button inputs. Having played this game on XB360, I know it certainly would not be a problem.

If you like, you could play using the right stick for the throttle and brake. The analog sticks on the included Joy-cons are a bit small and weird as a sacrifice for portability (and presumably sturdiness), but the Pro controller is excellent and a must-have depending on how big your hands are. :)

It was an okay game, but it never really did rise above that level. A solid C+.

I might get it if it's less than $30 CAD. I doubt it though, what with Switch games being way more expensive than games on other platforms.

Any news? I just want to race muh GT3s on the bus and train already.

Nothing's been said since it was given a Summer 2019 release window. People bug Feral Interactive on twitter every day about it and they just say they "can't share anything at this time". So for whatever reason they aren't allowed much transparency with development, and it's not clear if that's because they're running into issues with the port, or if they just have no say in the release or announcement of the release date. They're also working on the android port, which people also bug them about, which they're also very quiet about. But working on both of those things as well as all their other projects could be stretching their resources a bit thin. It's hard to say.

For anyone interested, Grid Autosport was given a September 19 release date in today's Nintendo Direct. Can't wait to finally have a very good racing game on the Switch. Hopefully it's not more than $30.

For those interested, we finally have a good sample of gameplay capture. It looks very good! 720p in handheld (not sure about docked), 30fps in graphics mode, 60fps in performance mode (supposedly mainly affects lighting and reflections). I have waited so long for a good racing game on switch, and I wouldn't honestly be bothered if this is as good as they get.

Performance on Switch looks fantastic, quality mode has a stable 30 FPS while performance mode sits around 50 FPS.

Ahh this game is so amazing to finally have on the Switch. Even for a five year old last-gen game, it's probably one of the best looking games (in terms of realism) on the Switch. Easily the best looking racing game. I'm still adjusting to digital acceleration, but I'm already fairly competitive with the AI on the second-highest setting and only using ABS.

This is honestly the best possible racing game to have on Switch. The balance between arcade and sim is perfect for the limiting controls. The fact that it is a last-gen game means it runs nearly flawlessly and still looks amazing, while more recent racing games on Switch are half-assed ports that run and look like garbage. I really hope this game sells well, it absolutely deserves a second chance.

Back