GRID: Autosport Races Onto Xbox One Backwards Compatability

Istanbul Park is back, at least as backwards...

Sadly, no one wants to add this fantastic circuit into modern racers.

Though $20 does see a little high, as I certain that the online player count has lowered considerably by this time. If so, I might until it goes to $15 or lower.

@£8 in CeX (UK) hope that sticks. Will buy a copy.

Screenshot_20180628-144046.png

Danm~ I love Grid Autosport... mainly I love the drifting in it. But it sucks that they have such a small selection of Drift cars and tracks for the game. :(

Honestly when I play NFS I WISH they had these kinda drift physics. *Sigh's* Sucks Sony doesn't really like backwards compatibility.

Loved GRID Autosport on PS3, good mix of a serious racing format with "fun" handling and a worthy sequel to the first game. Sadly I never got near finishing it because my hard disk died and after I got it replaced I just never took the time to get back into it.

Glad to hear it hasn't completely died out -- at least for those with Xboxes. I assumed it had failed because too arcade for the sim folks and too sim for the arcade folks. I know online on PS3 didn't stay populated all that long(at least whenever I looked).

Loved GRID Autosport on PS3, good mix of a serious racing format with "fun" handling and a worthy sequel to the first game. Sadly I never got near finishing it because my hard disk died and after I got it replaced I just never took the time to get back into it.

Glad to hear it hasn't completely died out -- at least for those with Xboxes. I assumed it had failed because too arcade for the sim folks and too sim for the arcade folks. I know online on PS3 didn't stay populated all that long(at least whenever I looked).

I wonder if it's lack of popularity was because it came out right at the end of the previous generation ?

Personally it's one of my favourite racing games of all time. A perfect marriage of sim & arcade. The handling, graphics, damage & sounds are great. And AI are something else. The pressure they put you under race long is unlike any other game, the mistakes they make are believable, (and amusing).
They overdrive their cars as much as you do!
Driving a V8 Supercar around Mount Panarama in GAS is so exciting :)
Hopefully there will be some people to play with online, I missed out on that first time round.

I have to say that this is my first Codemasters game and I'm really enjoying it! A very focused, slim and fun racer that was very accesible from the start.

That makes perfect sense :) :) :)

I'm finding this way funnier than I should have. :lol:

But on a more serious note, I totally agree with your stance about G:AS being a great blend between sim and arcade racing. What I really liked about GRID Autosport is that it utilised exaggerated visual and audio effects (like the crowd cheering, camera shaking and wind noise as you drive past objects) to make races seem more intense. Personally I'd rather have that over ultra-realistic physics any day.

I'm finding this way funnier than I should have. :lol:

But on a more serious note, I totally agree with your stance about G:AS being a great blend between sim and arcade racing. What I really liked about GRID Autosport is that it utilised exaggerated visual and audio effects (like the crowd cheering, camera shaking and wind noise as you drive past objects) to make races seem more intense. Personally I'd rather have that over ultra-realistic physics any day.

Me too. I hope CM are putting the finishing touches to the follow up. If this gets given away on Gold then I think it might be on, perhaps the intention is to drum up interest.

Me too. I hope CM are putting the finishing touches to the follow up. If this gets given away on Gold then I think it might be on, perhaps the intention is to drum up interest.
Well DIRT is 1st up tomorrow on game pass. Either that of F1 will be next up.

I've just bought it on the marketplace. I hope my gamer tag means I can download the DLC again for free.

VXR
I've just bought it on the marketplace. I hope my gamer tag means I can download the DLC again for free.

I wondered about this. I have previously download all the DLC. Is it up on the store yet ?

I wondered about this. I have previously download all the DLC. Is it up on the store yet ?

It is, and I want the touring car pack and I don't want to pay £10 for it again. It should be free if it's associated with my account. My gamertag is 10+ years old.

VXR
It is, and I want the touring car pack and I don't want to pay £10 for it again. It should be free if it's associated with my account. My gamertag is 10+ years old.

I seem to remember the Dirt 3 DLC being free to download if you already owned it on the 360, so it should be.

VXR

Ok. Press the share button instead of pressing A to start the game. This will take you to another menu & on the left it should show you any DLC that you have previously downloaded, you can select it all & download for free. Sorted :)

Ok. Press the share button instead of pressing A to start the game. This will take you to another menu & on the left it should show you any DLC that you have previously downloaded, you can select it all & download for free. Sorted :)

Brilliant, thank you for checking. I won't be on until Thursday with work commitments, so something to look forward to.

VXR
Brilliant, thank you for checking. I won't be on until Thursday with work commitments, so something to look forward to.

No problem. I've noticed the game runs smoother & looks a bit sharper particularly on the replays. Also no screen tearing & loads way quicker, I was going to bring across my save go from the cloud but due to the improvements I'm starting again. Only played a couple of street races but so far loving it :)

Back