Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

GRID Legends Preview: At The Hop

With GRID Legends only a couple of weeks away now, GTPlanet was invited to another preview event, this time focusing on the game’s multiplayer...

This probably will be a sales flop, releasing so close to GT7 is a strange decision to say the least...
I can agree with this,but I'll still enjoy playing it til I get my hands on GT7. 👍

This game just feels "extra" in the wrong places and lacking in the right places. Classic case of just trying too hard.

It releses a week before gt7, i don’t think this game will be worth it for me, i just wait the extra week for gt7 instead,

I watched the preview and to me seemed better than the 2019 grid but i will skip it nonetheless. I hope you have a good time with it 👍
To me,it just looks like they've added a career to it,but 2019 was alright.:)

The Elimination races are fun. I feel like they took those from Real Racing 3. I will probably buy this later on in the year when it the ultimate or deluxe edition goes on sale.

This probably will be a sales flop, releasing so close to GT7 is a strange decision to say the least...
Two totally different styles of games,this game is just for fun wreckfest style, gt7 is more for serious racing ,i think it will do just fine plus Will also come to game pass sooner rather than later. EDIT. ,just to add acc for new generation releases on the 22nd of February for even more dilemmas on how to spend your cash

Last edited:
Im gonna get this on sale just like with grid 2019.

I havent pre ordered GT7 because I want to see peoples reviews and feedback before I buy.

Multi-class, one vehicle per class? You’re scaring me.
Well there's like 30 classes and with the limit of 22 cars on track.
But it reads up to five classes with one car selectable for each. I'm probably not understanding.
05XR8 i admit im kinda lost on that part as well :embarrassed:
If you select more than one class for a multi-class race, you are restricted to only one car from each class - up to a maximum of five classes, and therefore five different cars.

You can manually pick which car it is you want in each class, if there's more than one car in that class, but you cannot have more than one car selected for each class.

Edit: See below

Last edited:
Looking forward to this and had a hoot on the last, an enjoyable plat. Hope it keeps the race driver grid spirit alive

What about the physics and driving model? Because retarded driving physics in the previous GRID made it unplayable.
I know it's more arcade than sim, but for e.g. DriveClub or Dirt 5 both play very well... yet latest GRID and NFS games are unplayable with their absurdly retarded driving physics.

Last edited:
What about the physics and driving model? Because retarded driving physics in the previous GRID made it unplayable.
I know it's more arcade than sim, but for e.g. DriveClub or Dirt 5 both play very well... yet latest GRID and NFS games are unplayable with their absurdly retarded driving physics.
You think nfs games are unplayable? The physics while deep into the arcade style, work well for what they are going for and is all intentional. Many people enjoy them for what they are and once you get used to the driving model you can win races fairly quickly.

i think the new Grid will improve but not change to much from the previous physics model.

If you select more than one class for a multi-class race, you are restricted to only one car from each class - up to a maximum of five classes, and therefore five different cars.

You can manually pick which car it is you want in each class, if there's more than one car in that class, but you cannot have more than one car selected for each class.
WTF? Seriously? That is bad news... You can't make Daytona 24h with prototypes and GTE then :(

WTF? Seriously? That is bad news... You can't make Daytona 24h with prototypes and GTE then :(
So...

... maybe I encountered a specific quirk, or I'm just a muppet, but it looks like this isn't the case.

You can select a maximum of five classes for a multi-class race, and you can select a maximum of five cars - which includes multiple cars from any class where there is more than one car available.

That means if you wanted two LMPs and three GTEs, yes you can do that.

I tried a few combinations myself - the only one I distinctly recall was Atom & X-Bow vs. Racing Trucks - but only found one per class available, though this shouldn't be the case. I've updated the article to reflect this too.

Last edited:
So...

... maybe I encountered a specific quirk, or I'm just a muppet, but it looks like this isn't the case.

You can select a maximum of five classes for a multi-class race, and you can select a maximum of five cars - which includes multiple cars from any class where there is more than one car available.

That means if you wanted two LMPs and three GTEs, yes you can do that.

I tried a few combinations myself - the only one I distinctly recall was Atom & X-Bow vs. Racing Trucks - but only found one per class available, though this shouldn't be the case. I've updated the article to reflect this too.
ok. i misunderstood you. I thought that we can select only 1 car per class for multiclass races

ok. i misunderstood you. I thought that we can select only 1 car per class for multiclass races
You didn't misunderstand, that's what I said - because I also thought that having tried it repeatedly.

However it looks like I just encountered something odd in this build (I tried a few combinations, and distinctly recall one - Atom & Xbow from the same class against Racing Trucks - but could only pick one per class) and/or mucked something up, as my CM contact tells me it's definitely possible to pick multiple cars from each class up to a maximum of five.

You didn't misunderstand, that's what I said - because I also thought that having tried it repeatedly.

However it looks like I just encountered something odd in this build (I tried a few combinations, and distinctly recall one - Atom & Xbow from the same class against Racing Trucks - but could only pick one per class) and/or mucked something up, as my CM contact tells me it's definitely possible to pick multiple cars from each class up to a maximum of five.
Great. Thank you. it is still a little bad that only 5 cars from both classes. Having 2 dpis and 5 GTE's is imbossible then...

Back