GRID LEGENDS

• Thread starter Nacho Libre
  • 1,315 comments
It's obviously marketed towards a more casual gamer/driver cos more seems to be focused on the driver story script than the driving. Hope to be proved wrong cos the Super Trophy Trucks looks a nice addition.
I wonder if they're waiting for the WRC licence to change over to them before Dirt Rally 3.0?

Last edited:
It's obviously marketed towards a more casual gamer/driver cos more seems to be focused on the driver story script than the driving. Hope to be proved wrong cos the Super Trophy Trucks looks a nice addition.
I wonder if they're waiting for the WRC licence to change over the them before Dirt Rally 3.0?
Considering the Cheshire team that made Rally is going to be making the WRC games for Codies, I doubt that's the case.

Really looking forward to this personally, it harkens back to some real old school Need for Speed style game design and is set to be unintentionally hilarious a lot. Much better than trying to do it CGI and it just end up being boring, lets have bottom tier actors with low budget sets and bad script, it's the perfect real spiritual successor to TOCA. Count me in! 😎

Really looking forward to this personally, it harkens back to some real old school Need for Speed style game design and is set to be unintentionally hilarious a lot. Much better than trying to do it CGI and it just end up being boring, lets have bottom tier actors with low budget sets and bad script, it's the perfect real spiritual successor to TOCA. Count me in! 😎
TOCA Race Driver did have a story too.

There is a second clip on Twitter showing open wheels on tracks with ramps, stadium super trucks track I think.

Last edited:
Oh dear, that second clip is gonna turn people off, same as the bad trailer for Battlefield V.
Single seaters on a Trophy Truck circuit with jumps. Really?
Added to the unnecessary story mode with bad acting.
No thanks

5whouk.jpg

I might still be interested if this is an arcade racer. As long as I know going in I am okay. Will preorder or get it as soon as it comes out.... no. I will probably get this when it is on sale a few months

Oh dear, that second clip is gonna turn people off, same as the bad trailer for Battlefield V.
Single seaters on a Trophy Truck circuit with jumps. Really?
Added to the unnecessary story mode with bad acting.
No thanks
Did you listen to what they were saying? This was made only to demonstrate what is possible with Custom race creator. If you don't want this bizzare stuff you can create more realistic racing. Same as BF portal with crazy modes like zombie modes and more realistic ones like Military Sims, same is in Forza Horizon 5 with event lab where you can make normal racing and crazy stuff. I think this is great idea to be hones, i like games that you can customize yourself.

For the record I like Grid. It's easy to pick up, the handling is reasonable, it looks great in 4K and runs at 60 fps in the One X.

What I don't like about Codemasters is that whenever the last expansion content is posted, they dissapear, and with them all further support/maintenance for the game. So right now, instead of having built a community for the game over time (like Playground Games does for FH), they have to start all over again, and upon meeting their content commitments, they will dissapear again and the cycle will repeat itself...

I want to like it, I think it fills a gap in the racing market (a PGR type of game), but I'm wary of pre-purchasing, let alone paying full price... Most likely scenario, I'll hang around and it will be discounted around mid-2022.

Last edited:
What I don't like about Codemasters is that whenever the last expansion content is posted, they dissapear, and with them all further support/maintenance for the game. So right now, instead of having built a community for the game over time (like Playground Games does for FH), they have to start all over again, and upon meeting their content commitments, they will dissapear again and the cycle will repeat itself...

This is what gets me. In defense, their last two games were undeniable duds, and I wouldn't be surprised if Codemasters more or less threw in the towel for post launch support of DiRT 5 (Considering there are much, much better options for racing games compared to at the launch of the next gen) and how fast GRID 2019 went without much added onto it.

But it's like you said, a worrying pattern for any sort of community building. By this point for the DiRT games especially, it is the same old vertical slice of videos for DR2.0 cars, content reposted from Reddit, and the occasional escapades of Jon Armstrong in WRC2 on their Twitter. Other games are able to foster a community throughout the years, instead of simply ghosting and re-appearing when the next project is ready to be revealed.

But this has been a problem for Codemasters games for years, and I doubt it really changes much.

OK, I was stung by 2019 despite ample warnings by people on this forum so will probably hang on past the February release to find out how much of a one player campaign this one has.

Last edited:
There is a lot of new content on youtube, with drift modes, other race classes etc. And it is pretty amazing. Group C, GT1 class, Drift mode feels and look like Race Driver GRID, trophy trucks etc. It feels like finally completed game.

There is a lot of new content on youtube, with drift modes, other race classes etc. And it is pretty amazing. Group C, GT1 class, Drift mode feels and look like Race Driver GRID, trophy trucks etc. It feels like finally completed game.
Group C and GT1 damn!! Im sold.

I saw the Porsche 911 GT1 and the Lotus Elise GT1.

I just hope we get lots of tracks.

I loathe drifting but the rest of it sounds good. I like the race randomizer, hopefully it can help freshen things up and separate this from the tick off a spreadsheet gameplay of 2019.

Group C and GT1 damn!! Im sold.

I saw the Porsche 911 GT1 and the Lotus Elise GT1.

I just hope we get lots of tracks.
There is Panoz GTR as well.

but there is big downside. I only see 2 Group C cars in whole grid. Mazda 787B and Porsche 962

and 3 GT1 cars... 911 GT1, Lotus Elise GT1 and Panoz GTR. There should be more cars like CLK GTR or Mclaren F1 GTR. Maybe they could add F50 GT1 (or F40) ??

Well, there are many early gameplay videos popping out now. It seems that EA/Codemasters really are out to reach influencers this time, good for them (unfortunately most of these influencers can't drive for sheep.)

There is Panoz GTR as well.

but there is big downside. I only see 2 Group C cars in whole grid. Mazda 787B and Porsche 962

and 3 GT1 cars... 911 GT1, Lotus Elise GT1 and Panoz GTR. There should be more cars like CLK GTR or Mclaren F1 GTR. Maybe they could add F50 GT1 (or F40) ??
And the Toyota GT One 😁

It looks like the same game they sold us 3 times before to be honest. A few new cars and tracks isn't enough to move the game forward.

Gonna wait 3 months for the inevitable price drop and complete DLC bundle.

It looks like the same game they sold us 3 times before to be honest. A few new cars and tracks isn't enough to move the game forward.

Gonna wait 3 months for the inevitable price drop and complete DLC bundle.
Even when I am interested i will wait. Horizon FW and GT7 is too much in short period of time i will just not have enough time for GRID

It looks better compared Grid 2019 for me and the new car classes looks good so far, I do hope it will have enough content to play at launch and a decent career mode.

Back