GRID LEGENDS

• Thread starter Nacho Libre
  • 1,315 comments
oh my god, what a cringe-fest... The game looks and feels just like the previous game. I'll guess I will be playing GT7 this year and wait for the new NFS release.

oh my god, what a cringe-fest... The game looks and feels just like the previous game. I'll guess I will be playing GT7 this year and wait for the new NFS release.
Nfs is going to end up like bf 2042 remember ea literally redirected all its developers to make bf 2042. Barely any proper time to make a nfs game. Their best chance is next year if they release it this year its going to be a disaster.

Last edited:
Nfs is going to end up lile bf 2042 remember ea literally redircted all its developers to make bf 2042. Barely any proper time to make a nfs game. Their best chance is next year if they release it this year its going to be a disaster.
Will see. I have high hopes for it because it is back in Criterion's hands. And the development cycle was extended, so they might be able to make it this year. But you are right that EA quality control is terrible recently.

The cutscenes look really good on my TV. Some of the best character models I have ever seen.

Gameplay wise not really convinced yet. Looks like an updated version of GRID 2019 with a slightly different handling model.

The story mode im sure, will be absolutely excellent, as long as.... it has hit x to skip :-) The bit which would make story mode genuinely work would be if it had a direct influence on the drivers AI on track. Given its arcade nature they could go really aggressive elbows out rivalry but last time it was untapped potential.

Last edited:
The cutscenes look really good on my TV. Some of the best character models I have ever seen.

Gameplay wise not really convinced yet. Looks like an updated version of GRID 2019 with a slightly different handling model.
The main problem of GRID 2019 was something outside gameplay instead like lack of content and repetitive stuff.

Just incredible when you think how far gaming has come but at the same time incredible too to see how good these games were.

SLES-02572_2022-01-22_18-34-52~2.png
SLES-02572_2022-01-22_18-32-29~2.png
SLES-02572_2022-01-22_18-33-42~2.png

Looking forward to the new GRID game. That video of yesterday filled me with pleasure.

Last edited:

Always thought "It looks like Grid 2019" was a strange complaint, given that it's only been about 2 years since that game released. Were people expecting them to start over from scratch? I can understand a bit o hesitation but I don't think that's a good basis for judging the game until we really get to see the meat of it.

Nfs is going to end up like bf 2042 remember ea literally redirected all its developers to make bf 2042. Barely any proper time to make a nfs game. Their best chance is next year if they release it this year its going to be a disaster.
They have roughly the same amount of time as they usually do, just with a gap in the middle of it all. I wouldn't anticipate it to making a significant difference.

Last edited:
I've always tried to get into Grid since ps3 era but something about the heavy-understeery-drifty driving just doesn't click for me. The visuals are always great but then I get into the game and it feels like im driving a boat (in Grid motorsport case....with a boat attached to your rear)

Since when GT or PD is viewed as the benchmark for the step up after PS3 era...
The poster he's replying to is the one who brought up Gran Turismo. I don't mind the docu-soap approach. It sounds different enough to other non F1 racing games to give me a reason to check this out.

don't really like the cut scenes for the career mode and the AI still looks quite slow, I do hope it will get better by launch.

Always thought "It looks like Grid 2019" was a strange complaint, given that it's only been about 2 years since that game released. Were people expecting them to start over from scratch? I can understand a bit o hesitation but I don't think that's a good basis for judging the game until we really get to see the meat of it.
I had a lot of fun with with GRID 2019. Racing the AI was one of the best SP racing experiences of the last years.

But having paid full price back then and seeing how that game did in sales I am not really ready to jump in right away again.

31 more cars just confirmed:

• Aston Martin Valkyrie
  • Aston Martin Vantage GTE
  • BMW E46 M3 GTR
  • BMW M1 Turbo Group 5
  • BMW M3 Touring Car
  • BMW M6 GT3
  • Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport
  • Cadillac DPi-V.R
  • Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Modified
  • Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
  • Dumont Stampede*
  • Ginetta G56 GTA
  • JEDI - F1000 SPEC
  • Jupiter Classic Stock*
  • Koenigsegg Agera RS
  • Lotus Elise S Cup R
  • Mazda Furai
  • Mazda MX-5
  • Mazda RX-7 Panspeed
  • MINI Hatch JCW
  • MINI Miglia Challenge
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Time Attack
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Time Attack
  • Opel Astra V8 Coupé
  • Pontiac Firebird Modified
  • Renault R26
  • SUBARU BRZ Drift-Tuned
  • SUBARU BRZ Modified
  • SUBARU IMPREZA WRX Tomei Cusco
  • Tushek TS 900 Racer Pro
  • Volvo 850 Estate Touring Car

Source: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/grid/grid-legends/news/car-list?

31 more cars just confirmed:

• Aston Martin Valkyrie
  • Aston Martin Vantage GTE
  • BMW E46 M3 GTR
  • BMW M1 Turbo Group 5
  • BMW M3 Touring Car
  • BMW M6 GT3
  • Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport
  • Cadillac DPi-V.R
  • Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Modified
  • Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
  • Dumont Stampede*
  • Ginetta G56 GTA
  • JEDI - F1000 SPEC
  • Jupiter Classic Stock*
  • Koenigsegg Agera RS
  • Lotus Elise S Cup R
  • Mazda Furai
  • Mazda MX-5
  • Mazda RX-7 Panspeed
  • MINI Hatch JCW
  • MINI Miglia Challenge
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Time Attack
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Time Attack
  • Opel Astra V8 Coupé
  • Pontiac Firebird Modified
  • Renault R26
  • SUBARU BRZ Drift-Tuned
  • SUBARU BRZ Modified
  • SUBARU IMPREZA WRX Tomei Cusco
  • Tushek TS 900 Racer Pro
  • Volvo 850 Estate Touring Car

Source: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/grid/grid-legends/news/car-list?
Before we are confirmed 40 cars. So we are now 71 cars. Also Renault Laguna touring car in new story mode trailer. We have 72 cars now

Break out the earplugs, it's that guy who is slightly less annoying than AR12:

Playing Grid 2019 a bit more as of late in prep for my career in the grid legends World Series, really looking forward to it.

Ok... But where is Ferrari? They had a huge number of Ferrari cars in Grid 2019 i hope they didn't get rid off them in GRID Legends?

Hope it is just unannounced at the moment, some cars like Alfa Romeo 155, Renault Laguna, Ford Mustang and 2017 Ford GT that are seen in gameplay is not listed on the official car list.

Hope it is just unannounced at the moment, some cars like Alfa Romeo 155, Renault Laguna, Ford Mustang and 2017 Ford GT that are seen in gameplay is not listed on the official car list.
yeah i hope that too. But it feels worrying that we didn't see so far even a glimpse of that brand. Even with Ford GT gameplays in GRID 2019 there used to be Ferrari 599X Evo in the same class, now we see only Ford GT... I hope we will see some Ferrari in this entry.

I don’t mind the story, but I’m dubious of the gameplay. I’ve played GAAS and the latest GRID game, but don’t know about this one.

Back