GRID LEGENDS

• Thread starter Nacho Libre
  • 1,316 comments
It’s a shame this was such an underwhelming update
Even the challenges in the story are boring. It’s just “Overtake X cars,” “Do a barrel roll whilst finishing in the target position“
The new BMW is an absolute blast to drive tho, joined a Multiplayer Race at Okutama GP and it was absolute chaos

It’s a shame this was such an underwhelming update
Even the challenges in the story are boring. It’s just “Overtake X cars,” “Do a barrel roll whilst finishing in the target position“
The new BMW is an absolute blast to drive tho, joined a Multiplayer Race at Okutama GP and it was absolute chaos
Speaking of multiplayer, what is the multiplayer community like these days in terms of numbers? Are lobbies plentiful or more of a ghost town?

They could've named the challenge "Born Slippy" and left the "do a barrel roll" part in the description.

Last edited:
Speaking of multiplayer, what is the multiplayer community like these days in terms of numbers? Are lobbies plentiful or more of a ghost town?
Lobby browser + AI + Cross-Platform + Hop-In generally means races fill up quite quickly, or at least they have when I’ve been playing.

Last edited:
After having completed the new DLC yesterday, I can say it wasn't that bad, and in fact some events were quite fun. Solid B for me(expect for the trucks...those can eat a bag)

BUT....and this is a big but folks.....the DLC gets mad MAAAAD props for one thing...

The name of those new Achievements! HUUUUGE respect to whoever was responsible for the names of achievements!

"Wow, that was a great corner!" and "You're one smooth operator"

....ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?!?!? In case you guys are unaware, those quotes are directly from the original Ridge Racer arcade game and from Rage Racer respectively. Believe or not, I've had both of those audio samples as my ring tone. The Smooth Operator one from Rage Racer is one of my all time favorite announcer quotes from Rage Racer. I actually have all the Rage Racer announcer's quotes on my phone as audio ring tones.

Someone at Codemasters appears to be a REALLY big Ridge Racer/Rage Racer fan, as I was not expecting to see this in GRID Legends. One of the coolest winks and nods to another game I've come across.

PJ if you read this, try to make contact with whoever came up with the titles for these new achievements and let him know he ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(or simply show him this thread lol)

I still have to do the new DLC story but I recently picked up DLC1 story halfway though, completed it, and completed DLC 2 & 3 story as well. It’s basically more of the same B-roll cheesiness as in the main game, maybe even a bit worse, but it’s a nice extra for sure. I kinda dig all that live action video in-between races, reminds me a bit about the Kane live action video from Command & Conquer back in the days, that ruled as well. C&C live action was on a whole different level than GRID Legends though, but hey, I like what they did with GRID Legends, especially in the main game and in the Rise of Ravenwest DLC.

I saw multiple people mention they don’t like trucks, personally I thoroughly enjoy the stadium truck. It has a unique driving feeling for sure and feels properly like a heavy vehicle, also after landing after a jump, that sound is just perfect and contributes to it. Talking about sound, this game (as many Codemaster games like Dirt 5 and Dirt Rally 2.0 as well) is for sure top notch in the sound department. Even with all the engine sound rework in FH5, for me in Dirt Rally 2.0 and also GRID Legends it just feels sounds right!

edit - reason I don’t do DLC4 story is because I expect it’s full of drift events, right? I really hated the 1 drift event in the DLC3 story as well, took me to fiddle with the difficulty settings to finally come second place after 5 tries or something. Drifting (in any game, especially GT7 = 🥴🤢🤮🤧)

After the DLC3 story I’m back in campaign mode (or whatever it’s called). I was only at 4/9 Pro stuff to unlock the gauntlet. Eventually I am forced to do the drifting part of Pro as well, that’s probably the point I’ll call it quits and go back to SnowRunner, maybe picking this up again after another year or so. :) But hey, this short GRID Legends intermezzo make me want to pick up Dirt 5 again as well, also there I have a lot of campaign stuff left to do.

Last edited:
So is the Most Wanted decals in the game now?
185ff599dfd40-screenshotUrl.png

Reminds me of NFS Shift at realease where you basically could drove "under" the whole field of cars straight to P1 because the cars were super light like paper mache 😂

Fun fact about that Engine: Still today and in AMS 2 cars feel a little too light for their grip and also the vehicle dynamics look like that weird a bit 😐

Last edited:
Anyone else having issues (on PC version) where going into your car garage makes the menu go crazy and continuously pulling to the right? I had read about this being an issue in an older build but I never experienced it on my end....until now, after this latest update. Unbelievable smh

Also, I completed all the GT Class events recently(shows all Gold) and it displayed the event box properly at being 100%...until a couple days ago and now it's been reset back to 0%. And here I thought those bugs were fixed for good. C'mon Codies :banghead:
:indiff:

Still no info on PSVR2/PCVR support for Grid Legends... I do really hope they didn't waste time and effort for this atrocious Oculus Quest port and they really will release a proper VR mode for PC and PS5. Since they already done it on Oculus it is just a matter of using better quality settings for bigger consoles.

Still no info on PSVR2/PCVR support for Grid Legends... I do really hope they didn't waste time and effort for this atrocious Oculus Quest port and they really will release a proper VR mode for PC and PS5. Since they already done it on Oculus it is just a matter of using better quality settings for bigger consoles.
It's nowhere near that straightforward - a massive oversimplification.

My guess is that the Quest port was a very quick cash grab before all support for the game ended with the last DLC. There is still no mention at all of that version on the official site or Twitter account.

It's nowhere near that straightforward - a massive oversimplification.

My guess is that the Quest port was a very quick cash grab before all support for the game ended with the last DLC. There is still no mention at all of that version on the official site or Twitter account.
Yeah you are right. But I think that some work has been done to prepare it for VR so they should keep going :D I would buy it even as "upgrade dlc" it is worth it IMHO.
Also i hope that future Codemasters titles (both F1 and WRC) will be PSVR2 ready.

Anyone else having this problem lately ? It worked fine 3 days ago but since yesterday i get this message and can not play online.

Screenshot_176.jpg

I can not find the ingame option to sign in either lol. Can anyone give me a hint pls ? :)

Last edited:
Here is the link if anyone wants to add a post to it to give it more attention:

Overlooked that one:

Last edited:
Back