GRID now reduced by 60% on PS4

• Thread starter MightyQuin
  • 11 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
mightyquin
Only three weeks after releasing at £54.99, the standard version of GRID is already being discounted at 15% on playstation store - or 30% if you are a PSPlus subscriber, bringing it down to £38.49 - which feels like a more reasonable price point, given the current amount of content in the game. Ultimate Edition has a similar discount.

I seem to recall GTS had a similar price drop within the first month - another argument for holding off on pre-orders or ordering within the first few weeks, and waiting for the almost guaranteed price drop (as many on this forum indicated)

Wait for black friday and see it 60% off ;) That's what I think.
Steam sale in 13 days, have a few titles to pick up hopefully Grid will be half off.
That and Lenovo has put out the Rift S will be $50 off so definitely going VR this year.

And in the January sale on PSN (starting December 20!) its down to £25 for basic game, and £30 for Ultimate edition which includes the £25 season pass - starting to sound like a more reasonable price point

So I picked it up for PS4, including the season pass, while on sale - and am very glad I didn't pay full price!

I was a big fan of the original Grid on PS3, less of a fan of Grid 2, and even part of the "community testing team" for the improved Grid Autosport (atthough it still lacked the fun of the original in my opinion). I was hoping PS4 Grid would bring back the original "fun factor" that the more serious AC, PCars, and GT games have steered away from in the pursuit of "realism".

Many reviewers mentioned they enjoyed the racing but deemed it "light on content" - I think this slightly misses the mark, as the original Grid had a similar number of tracks and actually less events. To me it's lacking the sense of progression, of building a team up from scratch and seeing your garage grow like there was in Grid 1 and 2. There's no personal name greetings/references, no feeling of the team section being integrated into your career, of creating a team livery that can be applied to all cars by default, or choosing sponsors that pay based on meeting certain criteria. There's no real sense of career progression other than another small thumbnail lighting up on the "choose an event" board as you unlock another event.

So overall I think agree with the reviews - the racing itself is fun, but the game is just light ... on personality.

The ultimate edition is currently at $24 on PSN for the PS4.

I think I might give it a go to enjoy my time at home...

So I picked it up for PS4, including the season pass, while on sale - and am very glad I didn't pay full price!

I was a big fan of the original Grid on PS3, less of a fan of Grid 2, and even part of the "community testing team" for the improved Grid Autosport (atthough it still lacked the fun of the original in my opinion). I was hoping PS4 Grid would bring back the original "fun factor" that the more serious AC, PCars, and GT games have steered away from in the pursuit of "realism".

Many reviewers mentioned they enjoyed the racing but deemed it "light on content" - I think this slightly misses the mark, as the original Grid had a similar number of tracks and actually less events. To me it's lacking the sense of progression, of building a team up from scratch and seeing your garage grow like there was in Grid 1 and 2. There's no personal name greetings/references, no feeling of the team section being integrated into your career, of creating a team livery that can be applied to all cars by default, or choosing sponsors that pay based on meeting certain criteria. There's no real sense of career progression other than another small thumbnail lighting up on the "choose an event" board as you unlock another event.

So overall I think agree with the reviews - the racing itself is fun, but the game is just light ... on personality.

Back