GRID 2019

What exact cars in the packs are being recycled? I get your point, but it makes very little sense since we actually don't know, yet.
For GRID we'll see.

But for Dirt Rally 2.0 it shows alot. Monte Carlo stages, many of WRC cars that are in base first Dirt Rally, etc. Should've mention that said game is just released like less than a year apart from the upcoming GRID.

The so-called "AAA" industry has been doing this for years now. The base $60 games nowadays are basically a shell with more marketing put towards selling Deluxe, Gold, and Ultimate editions, before bringing out Complete and Platinum editions about 6 months later.
Yup, now I know why I’m playing fewer games these days. These days it’s much less about number of copies sold and more about ARPU, exploiting whales, employees and gambling psychology :crazy:

The trailer looks great and I loved the original GRID but I'm weary of Codemasters especially their behaviour with DLC. If you look at their recent games you should be able to buy the full version with all the extras at a hefty duscount within a couple of months of launch.
Totally agree mate codies games go stale real quick because theres so liittle content to em, i grabbed dirt 2 for 17 quid a month ago and stopped playing it... already seen all it has to offer fun while it lasted though...

what I most like about the OG GRID was Drift and in this reboot I don't see it :( . I'm not a big fan of drift but in the game was cool to do.

IN OTHER NEWS...

Grid 2 is currently FREE on steam!! (until tomorrow 22nd)

In that case, this is going to be the first game I've ever played across three platforms! (PS3, Xbox One & now PC! ;))

Hrm... I'll check reviews first. Oh and yes, I'm a weirdo so I'm gonna make enemy with all the whole AI grid. Wanna see how insane it can get. Heck, who knows if there's a Trophy/Achievement for that!

I was really looking forward to another Grid game but not like this.

Where are all the tracks from GAS ?
Where are the V8 Supercars ?
Why have they left it so late in the generation to release the latest installment ?

This seems just like Dirt Rally 2 ie complete lack of content.

Why can't they release a game with all of the previous content & a load of new stuff as well ?
They have all the assets & skill to do this, so frustrating.

I loved Race Driver Grid & Autosport but already the feeling of being ripped off is ever present.

A wait & see approach from me for sure.

I do believe the first grid game had a Porsche 911 rsr, that aside I am excited to play this game, some of my most fun online racing came on grid 1 and 2

Slightly interested. But 12 locations sure ain't much if you kompare (sorry, too much MK11 lately :P) it with the likes of GT Sport and FM7.

Glad to see a few people agree that Grid 1 is the only good Grid game. 2 and Autosport are either straight downgrades or have bad execution in being a sweet middle point between arcade and simulation. Grid 1 and Dirt 2 were peak Codies arcade.

I do believe the first grid game had a Porsche 911 rsr, that aside I am excited to play this game, some of my most fun online racing came on grid 1 and 2

It absolutely did have a GT2 Porsche in the Le Mans races.

Cautiously optimistic about this. Grid 1 was great with a few stupid annoyances like controllers being faster than wheels and a 12 minute "endurance" race. Online was a wasteland by the time I had a chance to try it because it took me so long. Grid 2 was obviously not targeted at me... I got it the last time it was free on Steam, maybe I'll play it one day. Autosport was fantastic again with far better wheel driving and a few stupid annoyances like suicidal open-wheel bots. Online was again a wasteland by the time I had a chance to try it but this time it was because everyone abandoned it quickly.

I didn't watch the trailer yet but I'm sure they still believe that no one in the world uses cockpit view so can't be bothered to put a proper one in, whether they say they will or not. Can't have everything I guess. Grid 1 and Autosport fell into that awkward niche of being way to focused on serious racing for arcade fans yet way to simplified and "funned-up" for sim fans but I still loved them.

1.Switch on console/pc
2.insert/boot paid for game
3.download patch/workaround
4.get credit/debit card
5.purchase content
6.play while fuming.
Welcome to the future.

Last edited:
As I've unashamedly proclaimed before, I think Race Driver: GRID is still one of the best racers, and that it managed to excel at being in the gray area between sim and arcade by doing it's own thing. The menus, sounds, music, and backdrops all added to the experience. DiRT 2 was very similar, even if it was very polarizing. Every Codemasters game since has been lacking, some a little, most a lot, but the joy I got from those two hasn't quite been matched, and it's at the worst it's been.

This...I'll put it this way, the trailer gives me zero hope. The lists don't inspire, the pictures tell me nothing substantial, even the pre-rendered video looks like the GRID 2 engine with licensed race cars. I hope I'm wrong, but if not I'll likely give up.

Well that came out of nowhere. Surprised how much activity this thread has already given the last 2 GRID games bombed in comparison to the first one. I've played all 3 to the death and I'm excited to see the next installment, but the press release raised a few alarms.

Good points
- GRID is back. Yay!
- Graphics and damage.
- Variety of car classes.
- Career mode (sounds similar to GRID 1).
- New original tracks (Codies track design is one of the strongest IMO, better than PD in some aspects).
- Time of day & weather (hope the remnants of Evo Studios can work their magic here).

Bad points
- Series naming is all over the place. Just call it GRID 4.
- Announcing DLCs before release is a big no-no.
- Likely recycled content in DLCs a la GRID 2 and GAS. Yes I know the contents haven't been announced, but I've been with Codies long enough to know their MO. And no, you can't compare this with PD because everything recycled in GT6/GTS is in the base game and/or added for free later.
- Small number of cars in each class.
- Small number of tracks with a million variants each makes for repetitive career mode.
- No Ravenwest (FA Racing is just a marketing tie in without the full roster of F1/WEC/Indy).
- Lack of endurance race mode mentioned despite TOD/weather.
- Physics is a big unknown. GRID 1 was ok for simcade, but wheel support is rubbish. GRID 2 is full on arcade with drift being faster than grip. GAS is back to good simcade but with legacy quirks of the Ego engine. I have no idea how GRID 4 will drive because the press release makes ZERO mention of it. That's concerning.

My cynical mind wants to think this is just a cash grab before this generation is over with recycled assets and minimum effort. My heart wants to truly believe that we will get an amazing Race Driver game with huge sprawling career mode spanning many different motorsport categories. We shall wait and see.

I really don't care for anything but this:

GRID-Volkswagen-Golf-GTI-TCR-01-800x450.jpg

Hopefully there are more cars than just the GTI. I also saw the Alfa 155 in that trailer. That's a win for us as well. Looks good so far.

If that is the final track list it looks really disappointing, many tracks like Hockenheim, Red Bull Ring and Bathurst from Grid Autosport did not return.

Content is piss poor before people start saying that Grid 1 was like this well that was 2008 I dont remember Codemasters selling past content. Not to mention the variety of cars and tracks especially the classes.

Im happy to see Grid going back to part 1 but this new one feels piss poor.

Cars and the tracks are pathetic im not expecting forza or gt numbers but at least 20+ tracks and 100 cars would have been good.

Now there is the issue of codemasters selling past content as dlc. Nowadays games are getting shedded so much content while at the same time the price stays the same we are paying for a game that is bread crumbs.

The fact that holy PD has been recycling content and been praised for it is ironic too

Pd does it for free if they started doing paid dlc while recycling content I will critise them nobody is free from criticism.

I enjoyed GAS, and fortunately it's backward compatible on the Xbox One.

Unless people praise this one on here and the announced content is only some of that which ships with the game, I won't be buying it.

Back