GRID's New 40-Car Endurance Mode Will Be a Google Stadia Exclusive

This is basically like slap in a face for the playerbase.

F1 with yearly sport game launch aka FIFA doesn't really count and Dirt Rally 2.0 has seriously questionable DLC structure to the point where most Steam users noticed and give the appropriate ratings for it.

Yeah if the F1 series continues to be at the same level of quality I'll buy it (since updating cracked version of a game is a pain) but everything else from Codemasters just isn't worth buying from fear that they'll port older content into the new game and charge money for it (aka the Dirt Rally 2.0 method).

I very much doubt they will be able to fill even one such lobby, low userbase plus niche game in a niche genre with added input lag.

I'm just going to say this, and the disastrous launch of stadia (from early reviews posted by @theschledy) was only the tip of the iceberg
dvDm9z6.jpg

I am 99% sure that no.

And even if it will work in the future, with that input lag it would be horrendous.
That’s my thought. Might work somewhere with really fast internet, not sure that the UK’s net speeds are enough?

I totally understand that a cloud based platform can handle a 40 car grid that makes sense,but i do not like the precedence this could set,modes exclusive for streaming platforms
"Get nurburgring 24h in snow weather exclusive for Stadia",its disgusting.

There is no playerbase of GRID on PC anyways...
https://steamcharts.com/app/703860
It's basically a game for nobody. Many arcade racers are more interested in open world racing ala Forza Horizon while those who desire circuit racing are preferring a sim.

The main selling point of Forza Motorsport, also available for PC, is absurd car and track count. While GRID is lackluster in comparison, especially in terms of tracks. And not to mention that while Forza Motorsport atleast is a simcade, GRID is pure arcade, and people feel not challenged the more arcade the game is, and its bad.

Again, a game for practically nobody.

I was thinking of picking this up in the steam holiday sales (I know it was 30% off but was hoping for a bit more) but it looks like it will be a game I pick up in a year or 2 for a few £ instead. I can't believe the codemasters I used to love in the early Dirt 1 and 2 days has become this.

It's basically a game for nobody. Many arcade racers are more interested in open world racing ala Forza Horizon while those who desire circuit racing are preferring a sim.

The main selling point of Forza Motorsport, also available for PC, is absurd car and track count. While GRID is lackluster in comparison, especially in terms of tracks. And not to mention that while Forza Motorsport atleast is a simcade, GRID is pure arcade, and people feel not challenged the more arcade the game is, and its bad.

Again, a game for practically nobody.

The Toca and Racedriver:Grid games were popular even though they were arcade games, so I think arcade circuit racing has it's place (Forza 7 is very popular on the Xbox), the boring, repetitive career and the lack of content is more likely the problem.

From what I've heard multiplayer on PC has been busted for a while and no word has come on when/if they'll bother to fix it. That likely tanked a lit of interest in it.

Gee, sounds pretty typical for Codemasters. Feels like we'll get the seasons of DLC already promised and a couple of patches before they dump the game and work on the next DiRT Rally.

From what I've heard multiplayer on PC has been busted for a while and no word has come on when/if they'll bother to fix it. That likely tanked a lot of interest in it.

It bloody figures. Even if GAS gets heavily discounted, that also erased chances from me getting it. No more Codemasters for me. They can rot for all I care.

Deplorable tactics, but it's Codemasters so I'm not surprised really. Also makes it easier that this happens to a game like GRID, where the bar is so low in the first place missing a whole game mode isn't going to change how good (or bad in this case) the game is.

What's more worrying though, is the trend of exclusive things in gaming is getting bigger and more problematic. Back then we had manufacturer exclusivity with Porsche (now fixed) and Toyota (now coming back to Forza, sort of). Then we had preorder exclusive stuff and DLCs splitting the community, which is sadly becoming the accepted norm now. Now entire games and game modes are locked to specific platforms (Epic Games, Stadia). What's next? You need to have a specific console, specific TV, specific ISP and reside in a specific country just to be able to play a specific game? :boggled:

I know game devs need money to make a living, but human greed ruins everything :yuck:

http://blog.codemasters.com/communi...WZ-AIOFMDRtr2rvCPq81rK9imutAJbnHfEXTRoUrzBOlg

Am I the only one who is afraid that it means 1 new track per 1 Season?

For now this class looks too similar to Touring Cars...

I think you're lucky to be getting that to be honest. If SteamDB is anything to go by then Grid 2019 has totally bombed - Peak players in the last week reached the dizzying heights of... 160.

Of course this doesn't take consoles into account, where the player base may well be significantly higher, but even so I find it difficult to believe that Codemasters will now put anything other than the bare minimum of effort into post release content and support for Grid.

I think you're lucky to be getting that to be honest. If SteamDB is anything to go by then Grid 2019 has totally bombed - Peak players in the last week reached the dizzying heights of... 160.

Of course this doesn't take consoles into account, where the player base may well be significantly higher, but even so I find it difficult to believe that Codemasters will now put anything other than the bare minimum of effort into post release content and support for Grid.

You are probably right... Too bad because core gameplay is pretty decent in GRID. Too bad Codies won't put more effort to this IP. I think it will be good if we get 3 more tracks.

You are probably right... Too bad because core gameplay is pretty decent in GRID. Too bad Codies won't put more effort to this IP. I think it will be good if we get 3 more tracks.

CM only cares about is its f1 games nothing more. Hence why dirt rally 2 and grid barely got any proper effort put into them.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back