GRID's New 40-Car Endurance Mode Will Be a Google Stadia Exclusive

Discussion in 'GRID Series' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 19, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

AgentBlackDog and L_Kesan like this.
  2. juanffy18

juanffy18

Wtf why the movement? PC and console have more consumers.
    And Stadia cannot work in all the regions, my country for example.

3. Silverknight22

Silverknight22

Great, brilliant. Honestly I hope the money Google is paying them for this is worth it because **** me. I wasn't interested in going back to the game without a big update and now I'm even less interested. Thanks Codies, brilliant work.

Honestly I wish they hadn't even bothered.

4. Corsa

Corsa Premium

And so it begins.

HammyMansell and PSN:And-War like this.
  5. thatmotorgoon

thatmotorgoon

Codies constantly shooting themselves in the foot with every decision they make. I'm glad I skipped on this title.

6. theschledy

theschledy

How bad could it be?

Zona, Tak[TEC], FerrariF1GT and 13 others like this.
  7. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

Reading the title:

tenor-1.gif

I can't be too mad, didn't buy the game because of course something stupid was bound to happen.

8. Adrian Pragi

Adrian Pragi

Well, here goes deal breaker. Glad I didn't buy it, unless that mode come to PC/console.

9. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

And even if you did manage to be in a supported country, then you'll still need an extremely good connection (50 MBps minimum, optimum at 100 MBps, absolutely no data cap, absolutely minimum Ping and latency) which could cost you by tons for Internet alone.

And that's not accounting when ISP have a particularly bad day.

Otherwise you'll get this what @theschledy posted above, and thats the best case scenario of Stadia (after the actual perfect play), mind you.

theschledy likes this.
  10. IngRobNy

IngRobNy

I have been on the fence about buying this game, but with this news I jump off the fence and are walking away from this game all together.

11. RedRockValley

RedRockValley

The bean counters at Codemasters need to chill out, jeez...

crooky369, nanotone and GregOr1971 like this.
  12. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Same here so disappointed!!!

IngRobNy likes this.
  13. PSN:And-War

PSN:And-War

Is this a Joke?

14. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows Premium

I mean, consoles probably don't have the processing power to make it worthwhile, considering that it'd be more or less restricted to beefed up versions (And considering how GRID 2019 runs on base consoles, I doubt it would be worthwhile)

However, to skip over PC as a whole, a platform that can more or less handle it, and restrict to a console DOA with bad word of mouth, Google's typical attitude on killing anything that doesn't bring major success right out of the gate (as this wonderful site shows) and the looming spectre of xCloud (Which does offer a lot, and offers an Xbox platform in the palm of your hands) is absolutely asinine. But typical for Codemasters.

I wonder where the Codies defenders are now? The ones that believed that people were being too hard on consistently pointing out Codemasters **** business practices going back to DiRT 4, and that came to a head with offering rehashed content for the entirety of the season pass for DR2.0, and waiting to unleash the new stuff when a new two seasons of DLC content was secured? The ones that tried to talk down to people pointing out how bad of a look cutting a game to the bone before launch to sell back content as DLC, and point out how middling of a game it was in terms of user reviews on Steam, and Metacritic scores? Oh believe me, I'm loving this schadenfreude.

The fact of the matter is that Codemasters is by far the worst company in the racing space. They don't care about customers - they barely care about the games they make other then F1, ironically enough the beginning of the rot when they took on the exclusive contract. But considering they make racing games, and they're British, a magical combination for some people, they'll still get defended. But this should be the nail in the coffin for anyone else not to bother with their games.

15. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

This is an out of season april fools joke.

INB4 "DIDN'T YOU GUYS HAVE INTERNET?!"

16. Ak1504

Ak1504

"40 AI are only possible on Stadia"

What a lame excuse... I bet they got alot money from Google to make it exclusive...

Man i hate the new Codemasters... I wished Paul Coleman would still be Chief Game Designer...

[​IMG]

Zona, nanotone, DJTHEKING and 11 others like this.
  17. PSN:And-War

PSN:And-War

Anyone else have Stadia? They should have had some sort of trial offer, let's wait a few months, but I still like being able to pick up a hard copy of a game, browse in a game store, do we need everything at our fingertips?

MrCrynox, theschledy and IngRobNy like this.
  18. theschledy

theschledy

I'll admit I haven't done a lot of research on Stadia. Is there any downloading at all or is it entirely streamed?

If the games are fully streamed, I wonder what happens to performance if a lot of people are playing the same game? Also, if you're playing online, seems like you would be chewing up a lot of data.

If Stadia is just console games that might have an extra feature, I don't see any real reason to get it. Get a catalogue of retro games and we might be on to something.

19. SpeedStarGTS

SpeedStarGTS

What a Yoke!

RappyThePro and PSN:And-War like this.
  20. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Entirely streamed. The premise is that you don't need a high end spec PC or a console to play the current gen AAA high end games.

The premise however falls flat when you realize not only that the games is still purchased individually for same price as other platforms (not included in the subscriptions), but the most importantly is you need to purchase more expensive internet (2-4 times more expensive than average fiber optic broadband) just to (hopefully) run it smoothly with minimal input lag.

theschledy and IngRobNy like this.
  21. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

Yet again CodeBlasters screwing over their customers for their own ends....... I'll never buy another CM title again.......They are the experts in bullcrapping, and ignoring their customers!

PSN:And-War and IngRobNy like this.
  22. danimac

danimac

Haha yeah because Consoles and PC couldn’t handle 40 cars in an endurance race, but Stadia.... can LMAO enjoy the lag fest!
    Codemasters: **** the fans we need the money!!!
    Google: Here you go, but.... under one condition!
    Codemasters: Yes yes anything you want!
    Google: We want some sort of Exclusive!
    Codemasters: Done!
    Google: It’s a deal
    Codemasters: Ooo Hoo Hoo Money Money Money!!!!

Not sure if it’s a timed exclusive or not I didn’t read the article.

JeffKill, OlegMarkaryan, Zona and 7 others like this.
  23. theschledy

theschledy

Yup I'm out, all of that sounds terrible.

Plus it's a Google product, so it's probably recording you while you sleep or something nutty like that.

24. BadFlounder

BadFlounder

Not smart, Codemasters. I'd gladly take 16 car endurance racing with NO INPUT LAG. Stadia is a joke. RIP

IngRobNy likes this.
  25. Marius789

Marius789 Premium

Ooof, ouch. Way to piss off your customers.

IngRobNy likes this.
  26. LivingWithGames

LivingWithGames

Not only I knew GRID 2019 was a blow up, they seem to be getting worse. I ain't even joking but, I think GRID 2019 managed to be WORSE than GRID 2. That is a terrible achievement.

IngRobNy likes this.
  27. gigio79

gigio79

The priority for codemasters is TO FIX THE STEERING WHEEL for PS4 and XBOX. FBB is not good is too light and MUST BE FIXED.
    People is waiting from release date and nothing has been made so far.

JeffKill likes this.
  28. Corsa

Corsa Premium

You’re approaching a green light, it turns yellow you apply the brakes. Two seconds later the brakes engage allowing you to stop in the middle of the intersection underneath the red light.
    Welcome to google stadia lag lovers.

29. astrarobotica

astrarobotica

What a ****ing joke. I've been holding off on this one, it looks like a lot of fun but I don't really need it right now. But this is the sort of content update that probably would have convinced me to finally buy it. That's such a substantial content update to lock behind a single platform, especially an unproven and risky platform that's basically in early access. It's not just like a couple exclusive cars or something insignificant.

I've always thought of Stadia as joke that will probably be a failure, but at the end of the day people can use it if they want. It seemed like a bad idea to me but so what, I don't have to use it, it's not my problem.

Except now it is my problem apparently, because Google is going to pay out the ass for substantial exclusive content that I otherwise would have been able to enjoy, and in this case, likely would have sold the game for me. **** Stadia.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  30. MIE1992

MIE1992

Gets me thinking how many cars will the next GT be able to host, with it likely being on the PS5.