Group C Challenge - 250KM of Interlagos - Congrats Michelin Man

• Thread starter Drex124
  • 57 comments
Ready to go for tomorrow.

I'll probably have a practice lobby open later this evening, as I need to get some practice in myself, so I'll drop a message here if so đź‘Ť.

20210528194613.jpg
20210528194637.jpg

Livery is based on the short lived RD Motorsport Mazda Xedos 6 in its '93 guise, driven by Patrick Watts in the BTCC.

When lights go green, the pole sitter is to lead the pack at approx 62mph/100kph.
Leader is free to start race any time after they get to the main start finish straight.

Hey Drex, just to clarify, bc I haven't read anything in the comments about it yet - does this mean we are gonna use race lap 1 for a full custom formation lap tonight?

Last edited:
Hey Drex, just to clarify, bc I haven't read anything in the comments about it yet - does this mean we are gonna use race lap 1 for a full custom formation lap tonight?
Correct. We do this because on most tracks PDs rolling start starts people in awkward spots or leaves massive gaps, and standing starts in these cars might be asking a bit much.

How much time until the room goes up? Just woke up and remembered the race is today.

Have a good race everybody, the power cut out in my neighborhood, only just got back on again =( Edit: I just realized that 3 of the 4 Saubers fell out of the race for some reason or another apparently. Lol

Last edited:
Not the race I had expected really, I was so off the pace with the R92CP I gotta give huge probs to @Drex124 for being able to go this fast with that thing. Tbf I absolutely suck at this track but at least I finished where I started and didn't really crash off or spun out once, which is quite a rare thing for me during such a long race :D
The battle with @Redneckchef was quite an exciting one as we were on different strategies, too bad you spun when I overtook you, I had hoped for a little more action in an otherwise lonely race for me :D

On a side note, I did a few laps in the 787b just now and after just 2 laps with it I was a second faster in qualy-spec than with the Nissan (1:20.5 compared to 1:21.x) :dunce:

Thanks for hosting thought, I hope the next one is a little closer or at least more action packed for me than this one was :scared:

Last edited:
I had a pretty solid race to start with. I was never going to win any awards on pure pace, I was just hoping to keep it consistent and milk my fuel usage to gain some ground.

Had a great first stint, even managing to run down and pass @Nuschel01 near the end. But then after I pitted it just went a bit screwy. I couldn't string together my laps much anymore and had small spins and skids at the final right a couple of times.
Had just gotten my fuel sorted for a blast to the end and was hoping to stuck in behind to save a bit more to push hard when I just got the marbles in turn 1 as @Nuschel01 was passing me. Shame as that gave him a massive lead and I just ended up dawdling for a while after that.

Would have bee nice to have more cars on track to provide better chances at racing each other, but PD servers do what they do. Congrats to everyone for making it and especially those of you with the speed up front.

Definitely would change my strategy if I did it again. Fuel was the Porsche's biggest weapon, but 31 laps was pushing it a bit.

Many thanks @Drex124 for organising this one. It's always enjoyable to drive Group C machines in events like this again.

I'm not really sure where that performance came from myself really. My brief practice suggested nothing special, but I seemed to click come qualifying. Though it helps the 787B is a joy, being one of my more travelled cars in GTS.

20210530002737.jpg

I was definitely helped by its performance this time too. Splitting the 2-stop strategy into a 20 lap 1st stint, and 19 lap 2nd stint, helped even things out for the 3rd. Doubt I could have pushed the tyres beyond 22 laps on pace, least with my shoddy tyre saving skills anyway. But a mistake-free race like that, is a big rarity for me, so I'll absolutely take those results when/if they come :lol:.

20210529234210.jpg

Fair play to everyone who turned out, really unfortunate to lose 3 people to DQ's. More cars to race against are always appreciated. I was fearing the worst early on, when I DQ'ed from the party chat too, but it held out. Hope the connection was ok for the rest, I know I can appear slightly jumpy to others at times:cheers:.

Managed to share the race replay, in case its of use to anyone.
With the tags: tpc, groupc, interlagos

Last edited:
Quite shocked with how off I was considering the R92CP IS basically THE car I race the most out of all these. Might just be this track as I struggle here in EVERYTHING I drive, but I'm not all that pleased.

Also, I again apologize to the greek driver I hit. I had massive tunnel vision and didn't see you going to the outside in Turn 1.

Last edited:
Quite shocked with how off I was consider the R92CP IS basically THE car I race the most out of all these. Might just be this track as I struggle here in EVERYTHING I drive, but I'm not all that pleased.

Also, I again apologize to the greek driver I hit. I had massive tunnel vision and didn't see you going to the outside in Turn 1.
It's alright, we all do mistakes. I would know, i did so many in this race that i was lapped by almost the entire field :lol:

I only practiced some hours before the race, so i didn't expect much of a result, plus Interlagos and Group C cars is a combo i had never tackled before, so it was basically a lost cause from the start. At least i got to learn the track better and improve my consistency, so i guess some good came out of this.

Back