Group X cars that should be in Group N

Australia
QLD,
StigBelcherStyle
The group X Class is quite restricting some models should fall into the group N category please take note of the following

N200 (167 hp) - BMW i3 (Being an electric car shouldn't exclude it from N class)
N400 (385 hp) - Shelby Daytona Coupe (Yes the daytona was a racecar but it is also road registerable, Like Ford GT40)
N400 (425 hp) - BMW M4 Safety Car (Road car with lights)
N500 (502 hp) - Mercedes-AMG GT Safety Car (Road car with lights)
N500 (486 hp) - Toyota FT-1 (Concept Car)
N600 (564 hp) - Nissan GT-R Safety Car (Road car with lights)
N700 (715 hp) - Pagani Zonda R (Track car like the Vulcan, KTM)

Toyota FT-1.jpg Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 1964.jpg Pagani Zonda R 2009.jpg BMW i3 '15.jpg

The reverse to that is that the normal GT40 Mk II should also be in Group X given that too is a classic race car.

The only two I agree with are the FT-1 and I3, the rest should remain.

The Daytona is closer to the Carrozatta and 250 GTO than the GT40. It should be with the rest of the historic GT cars in that regard, or they should all be put into N-class.

Group X is for cars that don’t fit into any other category.

The BMW i3 has too low top speed for group N.

The Daytona is a vintage race car. The Ford GT40 included in the game is the road version.

The safety cars are safety cars, rather than production cars. Also it’s probably a good thing that their flashing lights are kept separate from other cars.

The Zonda R is not road legal, unlike the KTM. The Vulcan is listed as Group X on the website, and given that it’s not road legal it has probably been mistakenly placed in N800 in the game.

N700 (715 hp) - Pagani Zonda R (Track car like the Vulcan, KTM)

The Zonda R is missing basically every piece of safety, emissions, and road regulation required of road legal cars. It's sold equipped with literal racing slicks. It has open header exhaust that is so loud it violates decibel regulations of race tracks. There is absolutely no strawman that could ever justify putting this into N-Class.

Group X is for cars that don’t fit into any other category.

The BMW i3 has too low top speed for group N.

The Daytona is a vintage race car. The Ford GT40 included in the game is the road version.

The safety cars are safety cars, rather than production cars. Also it’s probably a good thing that their flashing lights are kept separate from other cars.

The Zonda R is not road legal, unlike the KTM. The Vulcan is listed as Group X on the website, and given that it’s not road legal it has probably been mistakenly placed in N800 in the game.

I agree with most of these comments but the ones on the BMW i3. This car is still a production car, High or low top speed it doesn't matter.

Does this mean that all electric/Hydrogen production cars are group X because there top speed is lower than it's Rival Equivalents?

I agree with most of these comments but the ones on the BMW i3. This car is still a production car, High or low top speed it doesn't matter.

Does this mean that all electric/Hydrogen production cars are group X because there top speed is lower than it's Rival Equivalents?

It's a production car, but the performance is so extreme that it doesn't fit in N200. It would be dead last in every single race.

Edit: Interestingly, on the website the i3 is listed as N200.

PD has never been good at making categories.

In GT4/5/6, you had a race for the "LM" group of cars which were mostly ~500bhp RX7s, Skylines, Supras and the like, but because the XJR9 LM had LM in it's name, it was eligible for this too even though it was a 900bhp Group C car.

The N-classes have the primary purpose that you can apply a BoP to a group of cars to make them equal. Leaving aside how well that concept is executed so far for the N-classes, it’s practically impossible for the i3.

So, the fact that a car is in Gr.X does not mean it’s not road legal, but only that it doesn’t fit in any of the current classes.

Pagani Zonda in N-class? What, because PD made the stupid decision of including the Vulcan in N-class, a car which is essentially the same thing? Yes, I KNOW, there is a road-legal Vulcan IRL but that's not exactly what we have in the game, is it?

I'm sorry, but people need to stop trying to force track day cars in the N-class, because they aren't normal, road-legal cars. Throw them in their own group instead.

The BMW i3 is actually capable of very good lap times depending on tracks. On a single lap of Alsace, it is faster than every N100 and some N200, without any BoP applied. Considering cars like the Sambabus or Fiat 500 get a custom gearbox setup when BoP is applied, the i3 could very well fit into Gr.N classes.

PD has never been good at making categories.

In GT4/5/6, you had a race for the "LM" group of cars which were mostly ~500bhp RX7s, Skylines, Supras and the like, but because the XJR9 LM had LM in it's name, it was eligible for this too even though it was a 900bhp Group C car.
"Multiclass"

Create Gr. NR or GR. A - for special vehicles similar to specially built race cars i.e. The Super Saloons of the past. It could also be GR. RS ( Road Sport) create their own bop..

The Vulcan is listed as Group X on the car list (Really, that's where you'd expect it to be given that it's a track toy that's not road legal) but I have no idea why it's an N class car in the game. Really, the only cars in Group X I can't think of going in any other class are the following:

Audi e-tron VGT (the hybrid is already native to Group 1 and it might be too OP for the N classes)
Bugatti VGT (Once again, too fast. If we could expand the N classes beyond N1000 maybe this could have a home there but but I think the separate Group 1 is warranted)
Chaparral 2X (A separate Group 1 could be warranted though)
F1500T-A (Unless we get other F1s of this era. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to lump this with the W08 though)
Mercedes-AMG W08 (Same situation as the F1500)
Red Bull X2014 Standard and Junior (They're both essentially one make formula cars)
SRT Tomahawk GTS-R and X (The S might work in N1000 but these two are in a no man's land for performance)
The kart (Maybe I should at least see how this thing compares to N100 lap times)

Most of the other cars in Group X could be fudged into at least the N classes. The Group X Hyundai N 2025, McLaren Ultimate VGT and Mazda LM55 could be BoP'd into Group 1 instead of having separate variants. The body styles aren't even changed for Group 1. Though the other Group 1 specific variant VGTs are warranted I'd say. The Lexus LF-LC and Toyota FT-1 VGT have on paper specs that put them nicely in Group 2 (And the Lexus could warrant a separate Group 3 variant like the FT-1). The BMW VGT and Mercedes-Benz AMG VGT Racing Series have on paper specs in the right ballpark for Group 3, and the Ferrari P4, Jaguar XJ13 and Ford Mark IV could all be put into a new class called Group H. The Daytona Coupe and 250 GTO would probably be too slow though.

I think that the 250 GTO, the TZ2 and the daytona coupe should be Nx00 class cars. Yes they where race cars but modern street cars with similar stats will drive circles around them.
I agree on that. I think a Group H with the XJ13, P4 and Mark IV (And maybe the Gulf GT40 and Chaparral 2D if those ever return to the roster) could work, but the Daytona probably wouldn't be able to keep up, let alone the GTO or TZ2.

I just want to put the SF-R Racing into the GrX instead. THAT car has no business being in N
The S-FR Racing Concept basically fills the niche of "mini Vulcan" in game in its strange placement into the N classes. It could fit into Group 4 perhaps but I'm not complaining that it's in the N classes.

Group X needs to be broken up into sub categories so that when I do a race in arcade I get to race cars other the one I am driving. The way it is now just makes most group X cars useless to me.

Furthermore the BMW VGT, Mercedes amg VGT (street), honda VGT, Infiniti VGT and nissan VGT are pretty much road cars.
I hope that the road car VGT's will become Nx00 class cars

I don’t get why people complain about Gr.X. Get in a lobby and do whatever you want to do. GT League allows you to use Gr.X cars in N events but gives less credits. Not the end of the world.

I think the I3 is Gr.X for the same reason why the Audi VGT and Chaparral 2X are, because all of them are fully electric cars and therefore they gain a unfair advantage in races that have fuel consumption on, specially if they were pitted against ICE/Hybrids...Because they don't consume fuel at all, they drive into the pit lane only to change tires.

Back