Grrrr, my GT5 not coming till the 26th, anyone else have this problem with amazon US?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nickmp0wer
  • 34 comments
  • 2,689 views
Messages
210
Messages
TenhulzenAuto
Because of a delay in getting them game (according to them) I am not going to get GT5 till friday, then have to leave to go back to school on saturday, and cant take my ps3, wheel, ect with me.

I live in oregon, anyone else have this issue?

now for the important part, I received a $10 promotional gift certificate because of this, I suggest that anyone else in the same position try to do the same.
 
I ordered mine for "release date delivery", I kept an eye on the tracking and was worried it might not make it from Amazon's Reno location to Sacramento due to the severe weather were having. But sure enough it arrived this morning. Sorry to hear about your even further delay on getting the game.

Feel free to add me when you get the game, I'll race ya! 👍
 
Consider yourself lucky. I haven't bought the bloody game yet. No money in the bank.
 
mine is stuck because of ups "adverse weather conditions" near sacramento. I'm pretty sure its too cold and the roads are icy. It doesn't even say the estimate time of arrival anymore. It says exception.
 
Because of a delay in getting them game (according to them) I am not going to get GT5 till friday, then have to leave to go back to school on saturday, and cant take my ps3, wheel, ect with me.

I live in oregon, anyone else have this issue?

now for the important part, I received a $10 promotional gift certificate because of this, I suggest that anyone else in the same position try to do the same.

No problem here. Game arrived today. If you checked release date delivery, liek Monky said, it would be here.

Also, that promotional credit is not to comp you for any delay. Anyone who preordered GT5 a while back got a $10 credit to use against another video game purchase. I'm planning on using my credit on Fallout: New Vegas...
 
Got mine early this morning. Had release date delivery as shipping. I'm assuming you didn't?
 
Same thing happened to me. Now, i'm not getting it until Friday. Yesteday, Amazon assured me that it shipped and that the page just hasn't updated yet. They lied to me since UPS didn't pick it up until this morning.
 
Delivered this morning. I preordered it 2 weeks ago plus release date delivery. I'm glad I did it!!!
 
And that's why I don't do online shipping. Nothing beats going to a brick and mortar store and picking it up yourself the day of release.
 
I´m dont even ordered it... and is very likelythat that i will not get this game until december. Launch in brazil is predicted to 30th November. =/
 
I´m dont even ordered it... and is very likelythat that i will not get this game until december. Launch in brazil is predicted to 30th November. =/


import from somewhere?
 
mine arrived... finally.

it was about an hour late and the FedEx guy just "tossed" my package on my front porch without a knock to let me know or anything.

I only knew something was at the front door because of the noise it made when it hit.

that got me mad, not a cheap package and a bit fragile, so I walked out trying to find him so I can give him a piece of my mind but was gone in a flash.

he must have known or something and hid maybe. :grumpy:

anyway, sorry to hear that yours got delayed. that sucks...

hope you get yours soon.
 
I pre-ordered the standard edition from Amazon and it arrived just this very minute! :)
 
Well I payed the equivalent of 100$ in my standard copy of GT5. All that money to some guy I never heard of in an ebay-like website.

I'm expecting it to pop up here at the beginning of December. If at all...

So yeah, I don't think what you have is a problem. At all ;)
 
I would be pissed. I had backup plans in place

Collectors Edition from Gamestop
Standard from Amazon
and another $60 put back just in case neither came.

However both arrived safely and now I have a extra copy. LOL, now hopefully someone can figure out how to do a split screen.
 
Nope. Got mine through Amazon today.
 
Got my copy from amazon today live in PHX,AZ. Did anyone get the code for the pre-order car?
 
Got my copy from amazon today live in PHX,AZ. Did anyone get the code for the pre-order car?

I had to call Amazon to get my access code. Then the guy emailed me the code...WITH THE LAST DIGIT MISSING!!! Now I have to go through every letter and number trying to guess it.
 
I love Amazon, but they screwed me over on a PC game release day once (MMO, all my friends already playing, me sitting here waiting...) so I promised myself I'd never order games from them again. Best possible thing to do for PS3 games is to find the smallest under the radar brick & mortar that sells them, and reserve copies there. I get most of my games early.
 
sounds like a pain to contact them ill prob just wait a day or 2 and hope I get an email with the code :grumpy:
 
I ordered mine from gamestop (collector's edition), and said I won't get it till the 30th!! Now based on the tracking though, it left Maumee, Ohio at like 7 this evening...and that's like 2 hours or so away, so I'm hoping to get mine on the 26th...I don't understand why I wouldn't get it til next Tuesday. Hell, I've rather meet the truck driver on the road TONIGHT than wait til Tuesday haha. So if you're guaranteed to get it Friday, that's really not terrible.
 
I ordered mine for "release date delivery", I kept an eye on the tracking and was worried it might not make it from Amazon's Reno location to Sacramento due to the severe weather were having. But sure enough it arrived this morning. Sorry to hear about your even further delay on getting the game.

Feel free to add me when you get the game, I'll race ya! 👍

I'm in the same group/problem. Left Reno about an hour ago :(. I really want to drive up to Reno in the frickin' blizzard and grab it :)

Had the CE pre-ordered since July and selected the release-date delivery option later. I'm not going to be eating that much turkey tomorrow 👎

killing time with car movies...Initial D (live-action) at the moment.
 
My gt5 won't be here till the first of december
 
I wish I was you! I live in Colombia, and package arrived today to SC, but maybe my CE will be in my hands next week!
Dont mind about your problems, remember someone else will always will be in a worst situation than you ;)
 
I think i'm in the same situation. It annoying me really bad at the moment, I WANT IT NOW!
 
Yeah my copy went to the wrong sorting facility. My games usually ship out from Fernley, NV to Pacfica, CA most times even 2-day shipping makes it the next day, and I had release day delivery. For whatever reason my copy made a pitstop in Salt Lake City, UT...and is now headed back (I hope) to the Bay Area for delivery on Friday.

No GT5 to go with post dinner turkey sandwiches and pie tomorrow :indiff:
 
I got mine today via Amazon, but I did notice the tracking info had it listed as "out for delivery" from an airport almost 2 hours away. A few hours later it was at the local airport and shortly thereafter it was listed once again "out for delivery". (This time it arrived).

It was also dropped off at the door without a knock, doorbell, etc. I just happened to see the mailman come by and went out to check the mail. Package lying on my doorstep and I almost stepped on it.
 
I don't usually preorder games. This was the first time, since amazon was offering the SLS stealth car. I should just go to sleep now and not wake up until Friday.
 
mine shipped late but it still got here on release date, just in the evening.
 
Back