Grrrr, my GT5 not coming till the 26th, anyone else have this problem with amazon US?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nickmp0wer
  • 34 comments
  • 2,689 views
I was going to try something similar.

At first, I was going to try walmart.com, as my coworker said that he checked "release day delivery" when he got the Medal of Honor, and it showed up early. Sounded good, so I go on there, their website said the preorder delivery was in December. After everybody fixed their release date to 11/24, they never did. And while I was waiting for them to, they sold out of the preorder. :lol:

And later I checked Amazon, BestBuy, GameStop. I didn't want to bother with it at this point. I just preordered with the store pick up option from BestBuy. I didn't get the bonus car until just couple of hours ago, but no problem other than that. :)
 
amazon says mine will be here on the 29th:grumpy:
 
The negligence of UPS astounds me:

SAN PABLO, CA, US 11/25/2010 2:32 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
SAN PABLO, CA, US 11/24/2010 10:49 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
WEST SACRAMENTO, CA, US 11/24/2010 9:21 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
SAN FRANCISCO, CA, US 11/24/2010 6:00 A.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
WEST SACRAMENTO, CA, US 11/24/2010 5:13 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
SPARKS, NV, US 11/24/2010 12:39 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
SPARKS, NV, US 11/23/2010 4:47 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 11/23/2010 5:03 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

UPS claims that the package could not be delivered to my residence in San Francisco due to adverse weather conditions near Sacramento, in the early morning of the 24th. However, I'm pretty sure the severe weather was east of Sacramento. Since it was already past 5am, perhaps this means it cannot be delivered by end of the day.

Still, they could have transported the package to San Francisco that day, but did not. It did not leave Sacramento until late that evening.

Okay. Severe Weather. Now that the package is in San Pablo (20 miles from San Francisco), surely it will be delivered on the 26th (Black Friday), according to UPS:

Friday, Nov. 26
- Delivery of UPS air and international packages only.
- No UPS Ground pickups or deliveries.

The service type for this package is "next day air saver". I'm pretty sure that's air service. The customer support rep assures me I'll receive it on Friday.

Nope. Instead, the package is somehow in limbo, having left San Pablo at 2am on Thanksgiving, and not arriving anywhere since then. Today is Saturday, and UPS delivers and moves packages on Saturdays. Yet my package is still "on it's way" according to UPS.

Really? It takes 48 hours to move the package 20 miles? If the system reports it, then according to the UPS rep, it must be so.

And unfortunately I no longer care about getting the game on time, since I won't receive it to Monday, most likely. It's that I've lost $175 as a result... because I ordered other items with overnight or 2-day delivery (wheel and stand) and took off a day of work to receive the items and planned to host at my place. Screw UPS.
 
I only got mine from Amazon for the SLS code. I was not home when they came so I went to block buster and they had ONE copy. I was at work when they came and missed em by 30 minutes. Got my game Friday after waiting almost half the day.

I did not know it was UPS that does release day delivery. I only order games via USPS shipping so I can just find it in my mailbox.

The $10 coupon was great, I ordered Dragon Age: Ultimate edition and choose free shipping to the bill of $29.99..
 
Anyone else pre-ordered from Amazon? That's what I did, and I still don't have it yet. Hope I get it on the 29th.

amazon says mine will be here on the 29th:grumpy:

Oh really? Hope I get mine then too.

GT5 is actually the first game I've pre-ordered from Amazon. Are they always this late? I'm assuming it's this late because of the combination of Thanksgiving and the snow weather around my area.
 
Back