Grudge Match: The Greatest [GTP] Cars, In the World...

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 45 comments
  • 2,843 views

The Greatest [GTP] Car in the World...


  • Total voters
    38

YSSMAN

Super-Cool Since 2013
Premium
Messages
21,286
United States
GR-MI-USA
Messages
YSSMAN
Messages
YSSMAN
We've had a lot of fun here on GTP over the years. I mean, who doesn't love fun, right? Crazy memories going back much longer than a lot of us would like to admit. So, I'm here to submit to you one of the greatest grudge matches of all time... The Greatest [GTP] Cars, In the World...

For the sake of sakes, I will not directly mention the owners of the vehicles. You know who you are.



1715_68512175672_774_n.jpg


Xtreme Flipping Action Toyota MR-S

There was a car that was so radical at one point in time that it blew everyone's minds. That car was the Toyota MR-S. The engine went bad, and someone flipped it. But we could always count on a crazy autocross story, and a bunch of tire talk. And a bunch of other reasons why all of us have no idea what we're talking about. Of course, it all became significantly worse when it was replaced by an E36 M3...

13036_210343552786_6009080_n.jpg


Totaled Honda Civic

There was once a car that was surprisingly nice considering who owned it. Even more puzzling based on where he lived. Truth be told, we all secretly liked it. It looked good, it apparently drove pretty good... Well, until it ended up in a concrete wall on it's way out of New York City. May it rest in peace. May it also curse the wankel powered barbarian that replaced it.

IM000013.JPG


Mazda MX-3 V6 Is Better Than You Think

We get it. It has a tiny V6. Like, ridiculously small. Apparently it handled well too, and it was cheap to run, and a bunch of other things that none of us ever would have realized. We get it. Your snark is too great for all of us, at all times. We aren't fueled by high tea and praise for the Queen, nor do we share your skills in GT. Yeesh.

4591_595469432347_6084108_n.jpg


Audi A4 (Wet Brakes, Famous Dude)

Possibly the greatest car ever. I don't even know why ya'all are voting. The thing gets so hot you gotta pour water on it to show how hot it gets. No joke, guys. This car got a dude famous, too famous even for GTP, now. "Look at me, I'm so fancy on my internet place! I got in a magazine, I sold a book, bippty boppity boop!" Long since retired, like a the white Volvo S60 that came before it... It's been replaced by far too many cars (and trucks) to count.

pontiac_sunbird_se_convertible_white_1993.jpg


Pontiac Sunbird V6 (!!!!11!1!!)

Guys, I don't think you understand. Forget about everything you've read thus far. It's got a V6. It's got a stick. It's got more power than God even knows what to do with. Ignore all sense of measurement and feeling, this is by far and away the greatest car ever produced in the history of ever.

1988_ford_f-150-pic-3382277718476984188.jpeg


Rotating Vintage Ford F150

WOOOOAAAAHHHHH. Once again, throw everything you know out the window and realize the incredible nature of this vehicle. It can carry things that are greater in number than people. It can beat up your car. It has a V8. That's all you need to know. If the Sunbird V6 can warp the elements of time and space, certainly, a nondescript F150 created the concepts to begin with. LET US PONDER THE CONSEQUENCES OF THIS REALIZATION.

222132_503768417671_1596_n.jpg


Volkswagen Jetta of Unreliability In Name and Function

Its a car. Its silver. It had a license plate it didn't deserve. And it killed itself on a snowy night leading up to several hundred posts about what to/not to buy, ever. And in the end some punk ended up a car that's merely okay.

230903_503620229399_781_n.jpg


XTREME XTREME XTREME BLAZER XTREME

How do we even tell the tale of this vehicle. So much happened. So, so, so much. I mean, it didn't kill itself. The brakes never got too hot. It didn't flip in a ditch, or end up in a concrete wall. Hell, the owner even knew it was a pile of junk. Does this get the automatic win for simply managing to exist in a humble manner before being switched out?

=-=-=-=-=

Yes, I realize I forgot two notorious green hatchbacks of nefarious origin. But they were so similar, they were left behind. There was a Peugeot, but, what's a Peugeot? DOES ANYONE REALLY KNOW? I'm sure I could have thrown an Acura TL in there too. But I've forgotten about it, just like most Americans who are trying to buy a new car. Whoops.


But seriously guys, I love all of you. This is why GTP is a great place to be. Have at it!
 
Ew, bricknose F-150. At least get a 1982-1986 up there lol. Though I don't really mind the bricknose Fords looks but overall not a huge fan. Would take one over a 92-96 though.
 
Last edited:
Would be nice if there was a link to each cars thread.

I only know of 1 of those cars. : /
 
Would be nice if there was a link to each cars thread.

I only know of 1 of those cars. : /
Yeah I only got one of them as well.
 
I'm guessing the MX-3 is Famine, maybe? I don't remember anyone having a Jetta, either.
 
I think I know who has the truck, it if its who I'm thinking of, it doesn't have a V8
 
Well, one is never here because he's too busy living his life.

Three show up occasionally, but not as often as they used to.

One is around, and he's still as snarky as ever.

I feel like I see two of them every other day.

And one of them...

CC4RtPF.jpg
 
So we have to guess these cars owners who are GTP Members ?"
 
Pre-crash, I did enjoy hearing about the Civic, so I've voted that.

The Jetta is the only one of these I don't remember. That must have been a good few years ago now. Wait... the Jetta wasn't replaced by a Celica, was it?...
 
Really hard to choose...
 
I'll vote for mine in my avatar.....oh wait.

My vote goes to the F150. Cos it's my car's American uncle. ;)
 
I see most of the big names represented... But where's the green Camaro that lost the fight with the train?

@YSSMAN - Srsly dude, where, WHERE IS THIS?!

Much disappoint. Or a Foxbody, that would've worked too.

Oh, and the case of the flipping MR2, here you go.
 
The answer is obviously the Blazer Xtreme.
 
I'm guessing the MX-3 is Famine, maybe? I don't remember anyone having a Jetta, either.
Can't be - it's LHD and on Dutch plates. Has to be @AMG. 's
 
I see most of the big names represented... But where's the green Camaro that lost the fight with the train?

This. So much this. And the million dollar clutch job 944 that belonged to his girlfriend.
 
I think I know who has the truck, it if its who I'm thinking of, it doesn't have a V8
Can't be - it's LHD and on Dutch plates. Has to be @AMG. 's

:lol:

I'm guessing you're both wrong..:p


----------------

At least four of the nominee's have posted in this thread(I think).👍

EDIT: Also ,I don't think the pictures match the members cars exactly. The OP is not trying to "out" anyone by naming names.
 
Probably would be easier to identify if their actual cars were up and not images of something similar :D

The truck surely cannot be me as it's not even remotely correct :dopey:
 
Last edited:
I know that at least four of them (the MR-S, Civic, Jetta, and Blazer) are the actual users' cars. Don't know who owns the MX-3 or Audi though, so I can't comment on those.
 
You used a picture of a convertible Sunbrid to represent my car. Not cool, man. Fix it. Now.
 
Hold the phone, who said it was even yours?









I thought it was anyway lol
 
I see most of the big names represented... But where's the green Camaro that lost the fight with the train?

@YSSMAN - Srsly dude, where, WHERE IS THIS?!

Oh lord, I missed yet another big one. Trust me, it was tough enough just choosing some of these. There are too many of us that have had weird cars with weird car stories that were a thing for far too long.
 
It's looking like we need grudge match round two.
 
You used a picture of a convertible Sunbrid to represent my car. Not cool, man. Fix it. Now.
I wasn't even aware they produced such a thing. Mind = blown.

To be fair though, it makes the "sun" part of the name more appropriate.
 
Logan clued me in on a few of the nominees along with a few other cars that should have made the cut. Bar the Sunbird, I already heard about three on that list in passing.

To be fair though, it makes the "sun" part of the name more appropriate.

Birds will be all over it too, of course...

If you throw some seeds at it. [/even_more_appropriate]
 
The flippin' MR2 cracked me up.

I need to do some grave digging threads to find these cars. But that's for another day
 
Back