GT 4 New Release Date

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zlaja0150
  • 27 comments
  • 1,856 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Says who? Some retailer? Whatever... Sony says Q1 '05. Until Sony gives us a date, you can keep your guesses.
 
So is that Jan 2nd or Feb 1st? đź’ˇ
 
Good point - in the USA I guess its 1 Feb - whereas in Europe it would more likely denote 2nd Jan!
 
It says January 3 on gamestop.

who knows - it will be out when it's out.

I actually find it funny that everyone refuses to believe anything if it's not from sony, but sony has been just as inaccurate as everyone else on the release date. At this point I think throwing a dart at a calendar might be more reliable than listening to anyone.
 
From play-asia

US release: Feb, 8 - 2005
 
Why don't we just wait for the game to be released instead of whining about the release? There's another thread on this over 10 pages, and an even bigger one lurking out in the forums somewhere ...
 
"Gran Turismo 4 will be released worldwide at the same day" or how was it now Kaz. said it? I am -really- looking forward to what the reason is for the delay. I say, interrogate Kazonori (Or, every dang employee in PD) and then see how many things that will differ between eachothers.
Yes. We should just wait because i know that no matter what happens, i will buy the game when it will be released no matter how long they will keep pushing it back. But, PD's promises have proven to be nothing but 🤬 :banghead: . Sure, more tracks more cars but isnt 600 more then enough? I mean, if i were to start now, i could not name 600 cars. Ok, done with my puking for the week.

Oh and yeah, there should be a sticky "Official (heh) Releasedate thread" with a good thread starter that keeps it updated. Could be good, if maintained. (HK86, where the heck are you? :D)
oh well, thanks for your time and whatnot.
 
Selling a game before christmas is big money. There are Bugs in the game and the game will still have bugs on release. With delays like this it's obvious. :scared:
 
Right now, who knows ... or cares?

GT4 will come out. Just don't get stressed over it.
 
Gt4! the new Duke Nuke´m Forever?
 
This is the 6th thread on the release date in a week. It's gotta stop. This thread provides no new info that the other 5 don't.
 
Indeed.

Why wont people just stop worrying about the release date. It'll be out when its out.
 
Yeah, and stop worrying about WHY it was delayed. It's not like finding out why will magically make Sony release it earlier.
 
People wont stop because they dont have a life. :lol: Obivously I do since i am not really worrying about it. I just dont give a **** when it comes out anymore since PD keeps on brining the date back even futher and if they are into this business for some money then I am probably gonna bet that they wont release the game until christmas 2005. WHICH WOULD SUCK BUT it really doesnt matter its just a game i guess.
 
It is going to be released on the same day as Forza.

Good job PD. :grumpy:
 
Yeah ... released on the same day as Forza .
Picture this... GT4 and Forza lined up next to each other ...
Which one to pick ? Ik now my choice for sure :sly: ...
Still would be a strange sight , as at the moment (with all the delay ...) I feel it could be a scene out of a science fiction movie ! :scared:
 
it might be out the same day as Forza 2

b
 
BAZZ
I say, interrogate Kazonori (Or, every dang employee in PD) and then see how many things that will differ between eachothers.
Yes. We should just wait because i know that no matter what happens, i will buy the game when it will be released no matter how long they will keep pushing it back. But, PD's promises have proven to be nothing but 🤬 :banghead: . Sure, more tracks more cars but isnt 600 more then enough? I mean, if i were to start now, i could not name 600 cars. Ok, done with my puking for the week.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame PD for this. Sounds like SCEA/SCEE has delayed it for marketing reasons. I don't think KY has any control over this at all.

They sure as hell haven't done it because of the translation.

And 600 car enough? No, there are NEVER enough cars.
 
To be honest, I think the Japanese date is going to denote when teh American one releases, Japan is the priority for release, when Japan gets it, North America will follow very shortly after. Its coming, I would pay attention to Japan right now.
 
l33tc4k30fd00m
I wouldn't be so quick to blame PD for this. Sounds like SCEA/SCEE has delayed it for marketing reasons. I don't think KY has any control over this at all.

Ahh yeah, i wasnt all to clear there my point should have been more "or anyone who ever have had anything to do with the producing/marketing of GT4". :p

l33tc4k30fd00m
They sure as hell haven't done it because of the translation.

Agreed but, _why_ have they then delayed it? Think it feels like they arent saying a darn thing at all. But, can also be missing it due to the ten threads that are going on about the releasedate.

l33tc4k30fd00m
And 600 car enough? No, there are NEVER enough cars.

Well. Sure, the more the merrier but... Take the Nike car for example.
:crazy: :dunce: Cmon! Just gimme the game and stop wearing sneakers.
*flails with the arms*
 
l33tc4k30fd00m
I wouldn't be so quick to blame PD for this. Sounds like SCEA/SCEE has delayed it for marketing reasons. I don't think KY has any control over this at all.

They sure as hell haven't done it because of the translation.

And 600 car enough? No, there are NEVER enough cars.

Its not as simple as that.
No marketing manager worth their salt is going to move such a hugely important complete game, from the Pre X mas period with cash abundant sales up for grabs, and push it into the new year, when most people are still recovering from pre xmas credit spending.

Sure all us hardcore fans are still going to make the purchase come what may, but theyll lose out all those sales where kids have 3 or 4 games on there list of purchases, and Xmas provides the opportunity for grandmas and aunties to fulfill their wishlists.

Whatever the problems have been that have caused the delay, someone is going to have to make some hard executive decisions on how they are going to market the title.

Do they just fix said product and release straight into a cash strapped market in January.
Do they just fix it and hold it back as is, and build up the marketing for a release sometime around mid february, which in consumer sales is reguarded as the very earliest time consumers are usually able to expend cash on luxury 'full' price items in any significant quantity.
Or do they fix it, hold on to it and add further to the title making the most of the increased developement time, increasing its profile, and release it into the market at a more cash rich time.

Factors that are important here, are that a number of pressures probably from Sony to ensure that the game was going to be rushed out for xmas, lead to the panicked removal of online elements, also the new delay possibly leaves open to the possibility of obtaining the Big 3.

Did PD deliberatly sabotage the Gold QA disc, in order to buy more time to assemble the game they always wanted to put out, now that they once again missed the Sony favoured X mas period, PD could quite easily now go back to Sony at any time and Suggest further delay to Re-develop what was taken out.
I think this may seem a little too cynical. :)
 
pimp racer
People wont stop because they dont have a life. :lol: Obivously I do since i am not really worrying about it. I just dont give a **** when it comes out anymore since PD keeps on brining the date back even futher and if they are into this business for some money then I am probably gonna bet that they wont release the game until christmas 2005. WHICH WOULD SUCK BUT it really doesnt matter its just a game i guess.

Exactly why I don't really care anymore.:grumpy:
 
radicool02
Indeed.

Why wont people just stop worrying about the release date. It'll be out when its out.

Well said! And with that, this thread is done.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back