GT 7 GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter pmallard
  • 2,303 comments
It would also be cool if they had sold us a game where you could actually race without reopening rooms that lock you into a particular car and track.
BTW, Trial Mountain is a really great track - As Stewy would say "Give it a go"

It would also be cool if they had sold us a game where you could actually race without reopening rooms that lock you into a particular car and track.
BTW, Trial Mountain is a really great track - As Stewy would say "Give it a go"
Why did they take a perfectly good lobby system and destroy it? Certainly not user friendly, more like user surly. And yes, Trial Mountain is a great track.

Don’t get me wrong, the game is great, but I feel like a trained circus seal, jumping through hoops and balancing stuff on my nose in order to receive a few mackerels.

Why did they take a perfectly good lobby system and destroy it? Certainly not user friendly, more like user surly. And yes, Trial Mountain is a great track.

Don’t get me wrong, the game is great, but I feel like a trained circus seal, jumping through hoops and balancing stuff on my nose in order to receive a few mackerels.
Yep, Im with you. Although there was always stuff we didnt like when the other versions came out. I'm hoping they will correct stuff moving forward.

After the dust settles maybe each member could set up a room with a race and we could move from room to room on race day.

After the dust settles maybe each member could set up a room with a race and we could move from room to room on race day.
We can't set up a room and participate in another room at the same time, and settings can't be saved as templates. I think lobbies will have to be more structured with settings consistent from one race to the next, so the setup time is reduced.

Last edited:
Wednesday night racing will be on GT7. Likely run the same car and track for 2 - 3 races then move to a different track and car to save set up time. Tire wear will be off until we get a grip on the handling of the cars, no need to muddy the waters with tire wear. Master ran the Alpine 110 '17 last night and it wasn't bad for most in the races. I was consistent, but it was consistently bad. I'd like another shot at it without tire wear. We'll have another faster car, and will post that tonight. If you have a suggestion please post today. One track for sure will be Trial Mountain. P.M.

Yahoo! It has arrived! Oh wait, it’s only the pedals tuning kit. :grumpy::lol:

33163090-D127-4BCB-BA7F-2AE55218DB66.jpeg

Wednesday night racing will be on GT7. Likely run the same car and track for 2 - 3 races then move to a different track and car to save set up time. Tire wear will be off until we get a grip on the handling of the cars, no need to muddy the waters with tire wear. Master ran the Alpine 110 '17 last night and it wasn't bad for most in the races. I was consistent, but it was consistently bad. I'd like another shot at it without tire wear. We'll have another faster car, and will post that tonight. If you have a suggestion please post today. One track for sure will be Trial Mountain. P.M.
I dunno if I join you. I'm still 'stuck' on Menu #3,, cannot complete the race at High Speed Ring in a 360 or something like that 'PP' race. I have already ran the GR4 (used the Supra) race at HSR but in the Cafe Menu #3 I am stuck and cannot figure out how to get that recommended car - the Swift - to do that race. I haven't been able to advance any further so there' NO dealership, that car isn't in the used car shop. I've tried changing the PP on a similar car to the Swift and attempted again,, NOPE. I don't know what to do to get that race done so I'm bummed.

This question is a bit off topic but it's a question I want to see if anyone knows why AND it's another post to help push the GT7 Geezer Club algorithm. We see under Pete's name the highlighted in yellow word "Premium". Aren't we all premium Sony members? Isn't it a requirement to get access to the online race lobbys? Do you know why that shows up under your name Petey aka Larry? :-)

We lost our founder geezer1791View attachment 1114924 Nov 25, 2020. We have continued in his forum GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB. We will move to GT 7 in less than a month and will continue to have weekly events Saturday, Sunday mornings as well as Wednesday evenings. Since he is gone now, the GEEZERS will carry on as he would have wanted. This will be the official site for new postings next month.
Pepper Mallard
Been meaning to say this since Pete took on the job of getting our club listed in the GT7 Forum. Thank YOU Pete,, we talked but only YOU took the initiative to take the talk and walk the walk over to GT7. We appreciate you doing that partner. For any who may visit our little group of GranTurismo fans, 'pmallard' is among the Geezer Club Founding Members. PMALLARD (75) and the rest of our Geezer Club sorely miss our old buddy Geezer1791 (Jerry was 81 if memory serves) terribly. He was a prince of a man and we so much enjoyed the years we had with him. We know he's in a better place now but that doesn't change the fact we miss him.
Most of us are over 60, some are knocking on the door of 80 - Oldboy1942. We really enjoy getting together 3 times a week, we talk about the game and some of the 'stuff' that goes on in our lives. We're happy to meet any of you who are eligible to be a GEEZER but if you're younger we want to meet you and have you join our 'OPEN' lobby. Consider this an invite to our Wednesday eve races.

I dunno if I join you. I'm still 'stuck' on Menu #3,, cannot complete the race at High Speed Ring in a 360 or something like that 'PP' race. I have already ran the GR4 (used the Supra) race at HSR but in the Cafe Menu #3 I am stuck and cannot figure out how to get that recommended car - the Swift - to do that race. I haven't been able to advance any further so there' NO dealership, that car isn't in the used car shop. I've tried changing the PP on a similar car to the Swift and attempted again,, NOPE. I don't know what to do to get that race done so I'm bummed.
I had to buy one used car to start and the game gave me the others until the F150 that I had to buy to continue, i did not get one free, dont know why. Maybe thats what happened to you. Cant you buy one to continue?

I had to buy one used car to start and the game gave me the others until the F150 that I had to buy to continue, i did not get one free, dont know why. Maybe thats what happened to you. Cant you buy one to continue?
Thanks Luiz but other than the used cars I cannot buy any cars at all. Dealerships are not exposed to me,,,

Been meaning to say this since Pete took on the job of getting our club listed in the GT7 Forum. Thank YOU Pete,, we talked but only YOU took the initiative to take the talk and walk the walk over to GT7. We appreciate you doing that partner. For any who may visit our little group of GranTurismo fans, 'pmallard' is among the Geezer Club Founding Members. PMALLARD (75) and the rest of our Geezer Club sorely miss our old buddy Geezer1791 (Jerry was 81 if memory serves) terribly. He was a prince of a man and we so much enjoyed the years we had with him. We know he's in a better place now but that doesn't change the fact we miss him.
Most of us are over 60, some are knocking on the door of 80 - Oldboy1942. We really enjoy getting together 3 times a week, we talk about the game and some of the 'stuff' that goes on in our lives. We're happy to meet any of you who are eligible to be a GEEZER but if you're younger we want to meet you and have you join our 'OPEN' lobby. Consider this an invite to our Wednesday eve races.
Hey Daduce, and the rest of the group.

I just applied for Medicare today (I turn 65 in June), so I guess I qualify for this club...if you'll have me.

I've been playing Gran Turismo since the PS2 and GT3. GT Sport had such poor reviews when it released, I skipped the PS4 platform altogether.

I managed to score a PS5 back in July and have been anticipating GT7since then. When it got pushed back to March of 2022, I bought GT Sport and had been playing that (to level 34) to get my race legs back.

I haven't posted much on this forum in the last 10 years (it looks like some of my first posts go back to 2011), and have a number of things to learn to get caught up and be able to play online, so I may have some questions for you guys if I can't easily find the answer.

Thanks for reading,

Mark

Edit: Forgot...my PSN handle is: pillboy49 (retired pharmacist)

Last edited:
This question is a bit off topic but it's a question I want to see if anyone knows why AND it's another post to help push the GT7 Geezer Club algorithm. We see under Pete's name the highlighted in yellow word "Premium". Aren't we all premium Sony members? Isn't it a requirement to get access to the online race lobbys? Do you know why that shows up under your name Petey aka Larry? :-)
Premium is an upgrade membership that has a small lifetime (what's left of it) charge. I did it since we use the site so often and it helps in a small way to fund the site. You can do a search for premium membership GTPlanet for details. Geez had done the same.
P.M.

I sort of remember that dilemma about the suggested car. Click on change car and see if anything else is available to run the race. Are you able to tune yet to increase a lower PP car to a higher power?

Hey Daduce, and the rest of the group.

I just applied for Medicare today (I turn 65 in June), so I guess I qualify for this club...if you'll have me.

I've been playing Gran Turismo since the PS2 and GT3. GT Sport had such poor reviews when it released, I skipped the PS4 platform altogether.

I managed to score a PS5 back in July and have been anticipating GT7since then. When it got pushed back to March of 2022, I bought GT Sport and had been playing that (to level 34) to get my race legs back.

I haven't posted much on this forum in the last 10 years (it looks like some of my first posts go back to 2011), and have a number of things to learn to get caught up and be able to play online, so I may have some questions for you guys if I can't easily find the answer.

Thanks for reading,

Mark

Edit: Forgot...my PSN handle is: pillboy49 (retired pharmacist)
Hi Mark, I'll send you a friend request so you can join us Wednesday evening at 7:30 ET. I hope you have a headset so you can know what we are doing. P Mallard

Thank you, I just hope I can get to the point where I enjoy the new game. Seems to be a bit above my skill level at this point.

Wednesday night racing will include Trial Mountain using the Supra GT500 stock level no tuning. You may have to add a new sheet to accomplish that if you have already done mods. BB raceway using something undetermined at this point perhaps try BOP with a PP rating of about 400. High Speed Ring car TBD. This should be interesting. Duce - make sure you are there! By whatever means necessary.

Last edited:
Thanks Luiz but other than the used cars I cannot buy any cars at all. Dealerships are not exposed to me,,,
I am on vacations this week and i am home playing gt, if you go on line, call me in a party and we will figure that out.

Hey John, so I think it’s menu book 4 you’re stuck on. 2 races at High Speed Ring, you have to finish in the top 3 of both races to move on. Any road car will work, and the PP is “suggested” at 400 PP. Suggested PP can be exceeded, so choose a road car from your garage with 400 to 425 PP and go kick some butt. In later menu books the PP limit is a hard limit, but early on it’s a suggestion. Good luck, and have fun!

Back