GT 7 GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter pmallard
  • 2,474 comments
Heya hi all I'd sure like to race with you guys. I'm 3 score and 4 years young, a disabled Navy vet, and a consumate reprobate.
I just made the big jump, from a pretty nice g923 setup with all the goodies to the Fanatec GT DD Pro with the good brake, big charger, and their WRC Rally wheel. All in an Amazon ladder frame, modded for legroom and triangulation/rigidity with a cheapo plastic dune buggy seat and cover.
I'm at 79% event completion, and hold a Normal Super Licence. I've only raced online 1 or 2 times, so my rating are only D and B.
Whew! What a mouthful! Anyhow, I'd like to be added to your group if you'll have me. My PSN is Badstdad. I'll try sending friend requests to Viper_al and and maybe 1 or 2 others of you all. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_20240125_222733.jpg
    IMG_20240125_222733.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Heya hi all I'd sure like to race with you guys. I'm 3 score and 4 years young, a disabled Navy vet, and a consumate reprobate.
I just made the big jump, from a pretty nice g923 setup with all the goodies to the Fanatec GT DD Pro with the good brake, big charger, and their WRC Rally wheel. All in an Amazon ladder frame, modded for legroom and triangulation/rigidity with a cheapo plastic dune buggy seat and cover.
I'm at 79% event completion, and hold a Normal Super Licence. I've only raced online 1 or 2 times, so my rating are only D and B.
Whew! What a mouthful! Anyhow, I'd like to be added to your group if you'll have me. My PSN is Badstdad. I'll try sending friend requests to Viper_al and and maybe 1 or 2 others of you all. Thanks guys!
Hi Navy guy, we'll be out there tomorrow at 0730 EST to usually 0800, sometimes later depending. Our racing and chat lobbies are 'Friends Only' so I'll send you an FR later today or early in the AM. We always Welcome 3 score (and over) GT7 enthusiasts. We do ask that folks joining our lobbys have a headset. A more than adequate ear bud and mic were provided with your PS if you do not already have another type. You'll need a means to hear and talk with us,, trying to keep up with what's going on in our races is VERY HARD if a fella (or gal) cannot communicate with the host. Looking forward to meeting you.

Hi Navy guy, we'll be out there tomorrow at 0730 EST to usually 0800
The Saturday and Sunday morning lobbies actually open at 8:30 AM ET, racing starts at 9:00 AM ET. The lobbies are “friends only”, so you’ll need to add the hosts to your PS friends list. Look on this page later this afternoon for tomorrow’s race details, including the host’s name.

Saturday Geezer Races

Lobby opens @ 8:30 AM ET

Cars we may use

Any Gr.1 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.2 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.3 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM/RH
Any Gr.4 - (BoP No Tuning) - RH
PP Races - Road Cars Only - Any PP

Race and Track conditions:
Weather: Sunny and Clear Day (we will try a few different formats but no rain for now)
Laps: 5 to 9 depending on track length
Grid: Stand start
Tire: consumption during race will be set @ 3x for all races.
Fuel: consumption during race will be set at 100 liters and 7x for all races.
Qualify: fastest first for every race
Penalty System: on
Boost: Strong
Slipstream: Real

1st Race
Blue Moon Infield 2
Laps: 7
Car: Mercedes 190E 2.5 - BoP - No tuning (Brake Balance only) - Tires: SM

2nd Race
Mount Panorama
Laps: 8
Car: Gr.3 - BoP - (Brake Balance only) - Tires: RM

3rd Race
SPA
Laps 8
Car: Gr.1 (No Class C) - BoP - (Brake Balance only) - Tires: RM

4th Place chooses combo for next race

See ya there!

PS 1 - Lobby is friends only, if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, send a FR to PSN: GT-RaceAce
PS 2 - Due to the amount of work for the lobby host in GT7, a headset is requested. There will be no typing from the host with instructions.

The Saturday and Sunday morning lobbies actually open at 8:30 AM ET, racing starts at 9:00 AM ET. The lobbies are “friends only”, so you’ll need to add the hosts to your PS friends list. Look on this page later this afternoon for tomorrow’s race details, including the host’s name.
Thank you Eric for straightening my comments out. Dunno where my 'ol head was. Sure wasn't right. :guilty:
"Badestdad",, listen to Eric [nordschleife51],, what he said is correct,, NOT me. Also,, what Peter [pmallard] says about your privacy settings. See ya in the VERY EARLY morning tomorrow :)

Now,, I watched this "History of Pagani" on YouTube. Pretty cool story. (Don't let the intro about The Mona Lisa throw you,, there's a reason they open the video with it.)

Just wanted to say I had a great time. I have a lot to learn but I'm a good student. Been playing daily since Christmas and loving it. Wish there were tire pressures, and better physics. I used to be an avid gamer but driving games seemed more frustrating than anything. Real world car knowledge helps very little in game. However, I've been racing anything and everything I've owned since a tricycle. Household 6 (the wife) has giving me permission to get serious with hand equipment. I may be a geezling but my hands are pretty bad. I was a dog handler in the Army and they got bit, a lot lol. Arthritis among other things but I know you ALL can relate. So any advice on wheels and gear would be appreciated. I will eventually build a VR pc and get real. So far, GT7 has been the closet thing to real driving I've played. It helps to have a 120 inch screen l.

Attachments

• 17063783700737781508320996744394.jpg
    17063783700737781508320996744394.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 7
Wednesday Night Geezer Race January 31st

T: 4x F:4x

ALL RACES TUNING ALLOWED

1st Race - Colorade Spring Lake - 10 Laps

. Car: Suzuki Jimny XC - 101hp - 1861 lbs - Tires: Dirt
This car is easy and fun to drive in the dirt

2nd Race: Tokyo Expressway East Clockwise - 7 Laps

. Cars: 600PP Road Cars - Tires: Any Sports

3rd Race: Grand Valley South Reverse - 10 Laps

. Cars: 550pp Old Race cars- Any Sports tires

Aston Martin DB3S '53 - Mercedes-Benz 300SL (W194) '52 - Maserati A6GCS Spyder '54
Corvette Stingray Racer Consepr '59 - Jaguar D-Type '54

Room opens at 7:30 pm EDT , Race starts at 8:00
Open to all Geezers friends and friends of friends
Send friend request to: oldboy43

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I wanted to let you know this audio/mic brain fart issue isn't gonna beat me, so don't count me out yet, lol. Idk what the deal is. I've got the proper hardware, I've done this sort of thing before (on Ventrilo, playing WoW for years), so I'll figure this out yet. I'm gonna set up my own room. That should let me try a few things I'm hoping. Derpy derp, we'll see...

Speaking at the 50 Year Celebration of Jimny production at the ADA off-road centre near Hartbeespoort dam, Suzuki Auto South Africa's Managing Director, Yukio Sato, revealed the name came about as an amalgamation of "Jeep" and "Mini", - in other words, a miniature Jeep.

Saturday Geezer Races

Lobby opens @ 8:30 AM ET

Cars we may use

Any Gr.1 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.2 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.3 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM/RH
Any Gr.4 - (BoP No Tuning) - RH
PP Races - Road Cars Only - Any PP

Race and Track conditions:
Weather: Sunny and Clear Day (we will try a few different formats but no rain for now)
Laps: 5 to 9 depending on track length
Grid: Stand start
Tire: consumption during race will be set @ 3x for all races.
Fuel: consumption during race will be set at 100 liters and 7x for all races.
Qualify: fastest first for every race
Penalty System: on
Boost: Strong
Slipstream: Real

1st Race
Goodwood
Laps: 9
Car: Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car - BoP - No tuning (Brake Balance only) - Tires: SS

2nd Race
Laguna Seca
Laps: 7
Car: Gr.4 - BoP - (Brake Balance only) - Tires: RH

3rd Race
High Speed Ring
Laps 9
Car: Gr.2 (No CLK) - BoP - (Brake Balance only) - Tires: RM

4th Place chooses combo for next race

See ya there!

PS 1 - Lobby is friends only, if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, send a FR to PSN: GT-RaceAce
PS 2 - Due to the amount of work for the lobby host in GT7, a headset is requested. There will be no typing from the host with instructions.

Last edited:
In case I miss Saturday, I might not be around for Sunday. Or maybe some early action, but what I’m getting at is, someone might need to host the room Sunday.

Speaking at the 50 Year Celebration of Jimny production at the ADA off-road centre near Hartbeespoort dam, Suzuki Auto South Africa's Managing Director, Yukio Sato, revealed the name came about as an amalgamation of "Jeep" and "Mini", - in other words, a miniature Jeep.
On a not-so related note; who was the original Samurai Chef? Hint: Cheeseburger. Cheeseburger! Cheeseburger!!

SUNDAY GEEZER BUFFET
ALL YOU CAN EAT BEFORE NOON

1st Race @ ALSACE TEST COURSE
10 LAPS
MAZDA Roadster (ND) ‘15
BOP. SH Tires

NO RULES OR SETTINGS

ANYTHING GOES

HEADSET REQUIRED FOR GEEZER LOBBIES

LOBBY / CHAT OPENS @ 8:30AM EST
RACING STARTS @ 9AM

Last edited:
That would be Jim Belushi.
No! No cheeseburger! The correct answer would be brother, John Belushi, aka Jake; of the Brothers, Blues
Man... rememberate the Outlaws? "Green Grass and High Tides" playing atm. Days of the 20 minute single redux, lol

Back