GT Academy 2015 "Prelude To A Dream" Time Trial Series

I'll be the first in line to take you up on that offer. đź‘Ť Always good to know that we have someone as good as you :bowdown: in our corner. You helped me a lot last year, hopefully with your help again, I can get over that last little hurdle.
We'll work on it for sure! I just hope the final combo is favorable. Last year was great for me but the prior Academy was a nightmare.

We'll work on it for sure! I just hope the final combo is favorable. Last year was great for me but the prior Academy was a nightmare.
Still don't know how I managed that time in the 2013 Academy that quickly with a DS3. :eek:

Still don't know how I managed that time in the 2013 Academy that quickly with a DS3. :eek:
I don't know how I managed my time either. What a sloppy mess that was.

At least the Spa bus stop was at the end of the lap. So many throwaway laps thanks to that last left in Sector 1. :grumpy:

I don't know how I managed my time either. What a sloppy mess that was.

At least the Spa bus stop was at the end of the lap. So many throwaway laps thanks to that last left in Sector 1. :grumpy:

I have no idea what time I got 2013, but should be somewhere around the same.
Do you remember what position you got in total? Because I was 106'th I think.

Or is there a leaderboard somewhere? (like for 2014)

I have no idea what time I got 2013, but should be somewhere around the same.
Do you remember what position you got in total? Because I was 106'th I think.

Or is there a leaderboard somewhere? (like for 2014)

For the US leaderboard, I was around 25th to 30th. Not sure if the 2013 board is still up.

For the US leaderboard, I was around 25th to 30th. Not sure if the 2013 board is still up.
Says 26'th in the video.:) But that tells me nothing, other than that that would have gotten you a 2'15.328 in 2014, wich is really slow... (275'th)

Says 26'th in the video.:) But that tells me nothing, other than that that would have gotten you a 2'15.328 in 2014, wich is really slow... (275'th)

Off memory, the fastest US time in 2013 was a 17.3xx and I could have leapfrogged a ton of spots with an extra tenth or even less. Problem was trailbraking for that left in S1. I couldn't get that Z to do it at all while everyone else could.

Conversely, the GT3 GT-R was a dream machine. Given the final cut-off time for 2014, running it was so easy, I couldn't believe it. :sly:

Two things I must mention: the 2013 Academy was a free download since GT6 wasn't out yet. Therefore, there was more competition than 2014. Also, the handling dynamics in the time trials last year were noticably different than any public lobby or even offline. Only way I can describe it is that the GT3 in the game today is downgrading from a Mercedes F1 to a Williams.

Off memory, the fastest US time in 2013 was a 17.3xx and I could have leapfrogged a ton of spots with an extra tenth or even less. Problem was trailbraking for that left in S1. I couldn't get that Z to do it at all while everyone else could.

Conversely, the GT3 GT-R was a dream machine. Given the final cut-off time for 2014, running it was so easy, I couldn't believe it. :sly:

Two things I must mention: the 2013 Academy was a free download since GT6 wasn't out yet. Therefore, there was more competition than 2014. Also, the handling dynamics in the time trials last year were noticably different than any public lobby or even offline. Only way I can describe it is that the GT3 in the game today is downgrading from a Mercedes F1 to a Williams.
I actually think the competition was tougher in 2014... but its a long time ago and I have a memory like a 90 year old.

I ended up roughly at the same place (just above 100th) both 2013 and 2014, but I was pretty much a noob in 2013, so either the competition got tougher, or the car/track did'nt suit me.

I actually think the competition was tougher in 2014... but its a long time ago and I have a memory like a 90 year old.

I ended up roughly at the same place (just above 100th) both 2013 and 2014, but I was pretty much a noob in 2013, so either the competition got tougher, or the car/track did'nt suit me.
Probably more of the latter. Remember, we went from a Z on what I'm guessing was a lower grip sports tire to a race car that had a fair amount of on-throttle oversteer. Manipulating the gas pedal was key not only for additional rotation through the corners but also to keep the turbo spooled up.

If the final time trial involves LMP cars, that definitely won't suit me. For whatever reason, I drive better the less overall grip is available.

Probably more of the latter. Remember, we went from a Z on what I'm guessing was a lower grip sports tire to a race car that had a fair amount of on-throttle oversteer. Manipulating the gas pedal was key not only for additional rotation through the corners but also to keep the turbo spooled up.

If the final time trial involves LMP cars, that definitely won't suit me. For whatever reason, I drive better the less overall grip is available.
Makes sense. I too seem to be better with lower grip levels.

But I have never liked the 370Z, nor have I ever liked Silverstone.
I'm not a big fan of the GT-R GT3 either, but more so than the 370Z, and I absolutely love SPA! So I thought the combo was good for me, maybe it was the awkwardly placed cones that messed with me... :)

Oh well, thanks for the help. (even if it didn't actually helped me:lol:)

I'm going to have a crack at it on the 21st, the way I look at it, if nothing else I'll get better by competing, it would be a bonus to qualify, but very unlikely given the number of competitors here in the land "DOWN UNDER!!!".
Good luck to all that enter and give it a shot!
Cheers All!!!

So I thought the combo was good for me, maybe it was the awkwardly placed cones that messed with me... :)
Here's what I think about those cones:

psy-kicks-parkingsign.jpg

In most cases, it's a matter of late apexing and driving right at them, hoping that you're out far enough to just miss it. In other words, a cone compromises the normal racing line so you must adjust the approach to avoid compromising your time.

Back