GT Academy in Australia?

• Thread starter velly
  • 40 comments
PS store in Australia has updated. No Gt Academy there, looks like we miss out again. Nothing unusual.

I don't understand how Australia can be on the worl rankings when we can't even download it?!

Nor do I. It certainly seems odd. Wouldn't take to much to include us would it. After all we are a PAL territory.

Prob downloaded it from the U.S store

How are we supposed to do that?

The only way I can think of getting it for your primary PSN account is to create an account under a participating country, download the demo on your PS3 and then play it from your main account.

Sounds a bit tedious but it might be the only way to get around it.

The only way I can think of getting it for your primary PSN account is to create an account under a participating country, download the demo on your PS3 and then play it from your main account.

Yeah I got a U.S account but I couldn't be bothered downloading it and i'm not sure if the prize cars would work in GT5

Yeah I got a U.S account but I couldn't be bothered downloading it and i'm not sure if the prize cars would work in GT5

Probably wouldn't work from the US store as it's NTSC. If you download from the UK PS store it may work. The prize cars, that is.

I don't think we're missing out on much, but it would be nice to be included is all.

Probably wouldn't work from the US store as it's NTSC. If you download from the UK PS store it may work. The prize cars, that is.

I don't think we're missing out on much, but it would be nice to be included is all.

That's what I thought so I didn't bother

can be worth looking up a real address (pick a McD or whatever, 10 Downing street will probably work) and getting the post code.

Louie_Schumii

Do this, I had a USA psn account and downloaded it and installed it and have been playing it on my froudeybrand Australian account and I have been it working fine. XD

Seems counter-productive not putting the demo up in the PS store for all other countries that aren't participating (in terms of getting people to play with Nissans and Gran Turismo 5 for free). If this is their marketing strategy it isn't very good :/

Anyone managed to find the demo in the PS Store by typing "GT Academy 2012"? I'm in university at the moment catching up on some study so can't exactly test these fixes right now T___T

Hey, I'm trying this trick now.

Basically just make a U.S. account and download the GT Academy demo, then apparently it works even on our normal Aussie accounts and will rank us and stuff.

I realize it doesn't allow us to enter the competition properly but I still wanted to participate in the fun events :)

can be worth looking up a real address (pick a McD or whatever, 10 Downing street will probably work) and getting the post code.

You don't need to enter a real address, unless you wish to receive marketing material from Sony. Random letters will suffice.

Seems counter-productive not putting the demo up in the PS store for all other countries that aren't participating (in terms of getting people to play with Nissans and Gran Turismo 5 for free). If this is their marketing strategy it isn't very good :/

Anyone managed to find the demo in the PS Store by typing "GT Academy 2012"? I'm in university at the moment catching up on some study so can't exactly test these fixes right now T___T

I tried about 2 hours ago, go no result, except for some video about GT Academy 2010. I'd just download it from a UK account, if you really want to play it. The prize cars should carry over from one PAL territory to the next, but don't quote me on that. Not that it's a big deal, all the cars are in the game already, they just have a GT Academy sticker on the side.

You don't need to enter a real address, unless you wish to receive marketing material from Sony. Random letters will suffice.

I have a uk address (bloody pommy lol)

I will give it a go tonight and report back tomorrow :dopey:

People have been able to do this since the inception of PSN.
It's pretty common knowledge.

Been downloading locally unavailable stuff and early demos from the USA PSN since 2007.

Did the same thing with the first GT Academy, too.

I played it yesterday after downloading it from a Hong Kong account I made so I could use a stealth code I got from eBay. I've been using my Aussie account to do all the driving, just had to download it first.

I'm really surprised it's not in the store yet though... Somebody screwed that up real bad...

Ye it works i just finished getting golds behehe

dunno why I never thought of it, it's not like you have to fake your IP or anything and this way I can get all the early U.S. demos and stuff

How do I make a U.S. account? On a computer or on the PS3? Can you please explain in more detail for those of us that don't know?

yerp its really easy

just do it from PS3, make a new user then go to log into PSN and it will ask you to make a new account, you don't even need a real e-mail

all you need is a U.S. Postcode and matching city

i used

Alabama
Postcode 35004
City Acmar

and just any random word for street address

Once the new account is made go to PS Store and look under Demos :)

yes it works, I used my UK address and downloaded it.
Completed the current missions :)
Thanks for the help all :) and good luck in setting some good times :)

Back