GT Academy National Finals - Venues, Dates, Drivers & Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 1,013 comments
Germany and Austria aren't merged, they're just sharing the location of the finals. 👍

Thanks. I'll change it later tonight. 👍

Anyone know the date for the Austrian venue?

Is that all the nordics have 1 place ? That is a shame, another reason why its a bit imbalanced amd not thought about.

We only know that Spanish Finals will be on Feb. 13 in Madrid. Where in Madrid?... no information about that.

I've confirmed my attendance and sent off all relevant paperwork also 👍

GTP_Synwraith [UK]

All the best
Maz

Confirmed: Nismoe-Dave for Ireland.
And getting back to the point about Ireland having it's own spot - I believe we had the highest population per head of people who bought a copy of GT4 in Europe so we are big GT fans and I guess Sony recognises that.

I've been invited over the phone by Sony Computer Entertainment the Netherlands. I have to sign and send some stuff but I don't expect any troubles. :D

GTP_PASM (NL)

The Irish National Final Venue will be at The Vaults, Harbourmaster Place, IFSC, Dublin 1 (behind Connolly Station).

Follow drivers are confirmed:

avi996 [AUT]
reisi89 [AUT]
GAPP_GTRP [AUT]

Zocker16_GTRP [DE]
GTRP_Hyper [DE]
GTRP_Gantenbein [DE]
GTRP_RudiRaser [DE]

they all said they will be there next saturday. 👍

The others from the german leaderboard. (top 20)

1a2r3 ??
O-Schatzmuller ??
EugentheKing ??
achmed_22 ??
MpRacerNo1 ??
ASdaSilva1986 - he said that he will come, but ........??
GTRP_Motorius - No time
Pappa_GTRP - No
Berndi2006 ??
GTRP_hakru No
NeunAchtel ??
GTRP_RZobel - No time
GTRP_Doja - like ASdaSilva1986
mieserabel ??
kev244 ??
WIX-R ??

The Schedule for New Zealand:
Section 1: ELIMINATION
All competitors will be divided in five race groups of four competitors (20 PLAYERS) determined by qualification times recorded from the Online Time Trial. Each group will complete three separate races in succession, starting with Group 1.

Race ONE:
Track A
Laps: 3
Car: TUNED Nissan 370Z
Racing: 4 player head to head

Race TWO:
Track B

Race THREE:
Track C
Laps:3
Car: NORMAL Nissan 370Z

1st: 6 Points
2nd: 3 Points
3rd: 1 Point
4th: 0 Points

grid positions based on TT quallifier for the first race, then on points gained for each race thereafter.
8 competitors go to Stage 2. To proceed to stage 2, you must have won your group, or be one of the three next fastest drivers.

Section 2: Second Stage
The eight competitors in the Second Stage will be split into two groups.
Both groups will complete two races in succession.
Race ONE:
Track D

Race TWO:
Track E

Points will be awarded for finishing position as per the schedule below. The first and second overall place finishers from each group will proceed to the GRAND FINAL (4 PLAYERS). In the event of two racers have an equal score at the end of two races, positions will be determined first by highest number of first place finishes and secondly by lowest cumulative total time for both races.

Section 3: GRAND FINAL

The four competitors in the FINAL will compete in a single race with the winner of the race being named the winner of the New Zealand National Final and progressing to the GT Academy Week at Silverstone.

GT Academy Final Race
Track F
Laps: 8
Car: Tuned Nissan 370Z
Racing: 4 players head to head

Practice: Competitors will be provided with at least two full practice laps on the race track before the
start of the race.
Qualification:
Grid positions will be based on the fastest total combined race time recorded by each competitor in the Semi Final. The competitor with the fastest race time will receive pole position, with the second fastest race time receiving position 2.
Winner:
The winner of the race will be the first car to cross the finish line at the end of the 8 laps.

edit:
If i can get the chance (and phone reception) I will try to post on twitter where I can. Follow me @rippingsilk
hopefully will take a stack of photos too.

Last edited:
The Schedule for New Zealand:
Section 1: ELIMINATION
All competitors will be divided in five race groups of four competitors (20 PLAYERS) determined by qualification times recorded from the Online Time Trial. Each group will complete three separate races in succession, starting with Group 1.

Race ONE:
Track A

Race TWO:
Track B

Race THREE:
Track C
Car: NORMAL Nissan 370Z

1st: 6 Points
2nd: 3 Points
3rd: 1 Point
4th: 0 Points

grid positions based on TT quallifier for the first race, then on points gained for each race thereafter.
8 competitors go to Stage 2. To proceed to stage 2, you must have won your group, or be one of the three next fastest drivers.

Section 2: Second Stage
The eight competitors in the Second Stage will be split into two groups.
Both groups will complete two races in succession.
Race ONE:
Track D

Race TWO:
Track E

Points will be awarded for finishing position as per the schedule below. The first and second overall place finishers from each group will proceed to the GRAND FINAL (4 PLAYERS). In the event of two racers have an equal score at the end of two races, positions will be determined first by highest number of first place finishes and secondly by lowest cumulative total time for both races.

Section 3: GRAND FINAL

The four competitors in the FINAL will compete in a single race with the winner of the race being named the winner of the New Zealand National Final and progressing to the GT Academy Week at Silverstone.

GT Academy Final Race
Track F
Laps: 8
Car: Tuned Nissan 370Z
Racing: 4 players head to head

Practice: Competitors will be provided with at least two full practice laps on the race track before the
start of the race.
Qualification:
Grid positions will be based on the fastest total combined race time recorded by each competitor in the Semi Final. The competitor with the fastest race time will receive pole position, with the second fastest race time receiving position 2.
Winner:
The winner of the race will be the first car to cross the finish line at the end of the 8 laps.

edit:
If i can get the chance (and phone reception) I will try to post on twitter where I can. Follow me @rippingsilk
hopefully will take a stack of photos too.

So no information about the track/tracks?

Thanks for posting 👍 Looks very well planned. I hope it's like this everywhere..

I would like to confirm that I will be attending the dutch finals on the 11th of Feb. in Amsterdam.

GTP_pixr / pixr

So no information about the track/tracks?

Thanks for posting 👍 Looks very well planned. I hope it's like this everywhere..

No track info, only A - F. Six tracks. Not hard to imagine that those 6 tracks could be from GT5-P. I'll find out in about 3 1/2 hours.

The Austria and Germany Schedule.

f2t1p104n1.jpg

f2t1p104n2.jpg

:)

Back