GT Academy - Silverstone Final

• Thread starter Grandi
  • 41 comments
Without wishing to undermine Lucas' achievement it would have been good to see two pure 'products' of the game make it through. Having experience racing karts and single seaters must have been a huge advantage. As someone has already said it's accepted that a good driver can apply their skills to GT but I thought the intention of this competition was to see if it worked the other way.

Most of my driving skills is based on Gran Turismo i´ve got my driving licence since 6 months so i had more experience in driving GT then a real car.
I think that was one point why most of the others were 2 seconds faster with the formula car.

Welcome to all of the GT Academy competitors, it's great to have you guys here! :)

There are indeed camera's from Sony/ GT TV and from the Discovery Channel! They are making a special program about the GT Academy as they follow the winners. > I have had a little chat with them at the Dutch Finals of the GT Academy.

I also posted the Press Release of Sony/Nissan on http://www.granturismo5.nl The introduction is in Dutch but the Press Release is in English and has a full coverage of the final day! Enjoy!
I'm not sure where you came across that press release, Djie, but it is indeed very interesting and I have credited you in the latest article on the GTPlanet news blog. Thank you for sharing the link, and best of luck to your Dutch community. 👍

Welcome to all of the GT Academy competitors, it's great to have you guys here! :)

I'm not sure where you came across that press release, Djie, but it is indeed very interesting and I have credited you in the latest article on the GTPlanet news blog. Thank you for sharing the link, and best of luck to your Dutch community. 👍

Got it first hand in my mailbox from SCEE!

No problem and Thanks 👍

I'm very happy for you guys :cheers: I could only wish to experience something like that, please post pictures when you can.

Just read the latest report about the final stages of the contest and wanna say a big congrats to both GT Academy winners....Lucas Ordonez and Lars Schlommer......and I will check them out at the 24hr race when they're in it........All the best to you both...:):)👍👍

there are some videos on youtube. although they are preety much all the same, they are not boring. search gt academy by date added.
i would like to see something more deeper, but there is just driving

there are some videos on youtube. although they are preety much all the same, they are not boring. search gt academy by date added.
i would like to see something more deeper, but there is just driving

just watched the vids :lol:

my regards to our dear italian friends

-Karri

Congratulations to all competitors!
I think you had a great time together.
And that one of the winners only driven taxis before is pretty fun to know.
Have a great time and please share some of your experiences with us "ordinary" GT Gamers.
(That like me were too slow to get even in the TOP20 of the Online Event)
Greetings
Matthias

Were any of the videos from the Academy as we know it?

For most of August people who've put down deposits on a GTR have been invited to various sessions at Silverstone to test drive a GTR. They called this event the Academy as well.

Back