GT Academy Winner Lucas Ordonez to Race Will Smith's Electric Powerboat in E1 Series

• Thread starter Famine
  • 25 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Those boats be looking like some Star Wars pod-racer-type of thing. Really cool concept and may come back to see how it's going at a later date!

That boat slaps!
8065e536ee77768813ff79760b3ffe8a.gif

The boats might look cool...

...but they literally only reach around 30mph...

...even slower than Tour De France...

Probably the slowest MOTORsport of all time?

Last edited:
The boats might look cool...

...but they literally only reach around 30mph...

...even slower than Tour De France...

Probably the slowest MOTORsport of all time?
Literally.
The all-electric machine sports a 35kWh battery pack and a 150kW (201hp) outboard motor from Mercury Racing. This helps propel the surface-piercing hydrofoil at speeds of up to 50 knots (58mph).

"Hydrooooo THUNDER!" Seems like Lucas Ordoñez wants to divide and conquer taking on different styles of racing. This sounds like a very cool deal for him.

"Hydrooooo THUNDER!" Seems like Lucas Ordoñez wants to divide and conquer taking on different styles of racing. This sounds like a very cool deal for him.
My man. 😎

Although if you’re talking Midway arcade racers, Cruis’n Exotica and Rush 2049 SE are the ones with special places in my heart.

Water is 10 times more dense than air.

The water LSR is UNDER 300 mph.

And that is AFTER the last 10 people died attempting it. (or was it 7 out of 10....)

The event was last weekend so everyone can decide if they are fast enough and if it is good or bad:

That is PAINFULLY slow.

I will stick to the epic 200mph fire-breathing Jet-Powered H1 Unlimited Hydroplane racing ships thanks.

Last edited:
I only watched the first lap of that EV video, seem fast enough for how much they’re bobbing up and down. If this sport continues maybe they’ll get faster.

That is PAINFULLY slow.

I will stick to the epic 200mph fire-breathing Jet-Powered H1 Unlimited Hydroplane racing ships thanks.

They've all got to start somewhere.

The world's first sanctioned unlimited hydroplane race was held 121 years ago in 1903 in Ireland at Queenstown, and was very modest by later race standards. That race was won by Dorothy Levitt, driving an 11-meter (35 ft) boat, powered by a 56-kilowatt (75 hp) Napier engine, at an average speed of 31.4 km/h (19.5 mph).[2]

Perhaps you just have to realise that not every motorsport is the pinnacle of speed, and that maybe this isn't for you, and move on.

The world's first sanctioned unlimited hydroplane race was held 121 years ago in 1903 in Ireland at Queenstown, and was very modest by later race standards. That race was won by Dorothy Levitt, driving an 11-meter (35 ft) boat, powered by a 56-kilowatt (75 hp) Napier engine, at an average speed of 31.4 km/h (19.5 mph)

Using your same logic, in 1903, not many other Motorspprts were all that much quicker at the time.

And on top of that, Unlimited Hydroplane racing in 1903 had no equivilent or anything even mildly similar at the time. And even if there were, speeds were likely within a similar range.

Now it's over 120 years later in 2024, there are now many established high speed offshore racing series many of which share similarities and equivilents.

E1 Electric Powerboats are still slow in comparison, and most if not all motorsports are WAY faster even on water.

Last edited:
Back