GT Career Mode Challenge, Presented by Racers Reunited - Round 9; Nov 24 @ 2000UTC

• Thread starter Famine
  • 473 comments
That car was actually more fun then I thought it would be, good stuff as usual. Sorry @richroo for the contact in race 1, me being awful at Maggiore as usual. Likewise to anyone that was unfortunately caught up at Tokyo, car is phenomenal until it's around other cars and then it just wants to do everything but turn. I'm just glad I even could make the final corner every lap.

Last edited:
Another great night of racing, guys!

I didn't expect to get a race win in this series (much less at Tokyo) but that felt really good, especially after a great battle with @AndreasR in the closing laps, complete with a drag race to the finish. :eek:
That finish was a "Chariots of Fire" kind of moment and I just had to capture it :D

The tune also goes really well along with @Lazybike's epic first corner where he went from 1st to 14th in the space of about five seconds :lol:

My Tuscan is all dressed up but with no place to go!!
View attachment 967021

Just wondering what Kerfuffle has planned for us on Tuesday??

:cheers:

Attachments

• 8416559E-724C-4432-9B06-8A1D3F8065EC.jpeg
    8416559E-724C-4432-9B06-8A1D3F8065EC.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 17
Tested this car out and yep, I sense much death come tuesday. Barely turns in, always wants to step out. This unsettles me way more then ANY car car in Project CARs and I could effectively write a book on the scariest things to drive in that game with a controller.

Now to paint it in a livery appropriate for the inevitible.

Last edited:
Which tyres are we using?
It'll be Sports Softs.

Given the Kei car rubbishness, I've been trying to balance USUKJapan, and I think I have a good handle on things now. I'll poke Kerfuffle and see what tracks it comes up with for TVRs

*crosses fingers for Horse Thief, Northern Isle, and Suzuka East*

It'll be Sports Softs.

Given the Kei car rubbishness, I've been trying to balance USUKJapan, and I think I have a good handle on things now. I'll poke Kerfuffle and see what tracks it comes up with for TVRs

*crosses fingers for Horse Thief, Northern Isle, and Suzuka East*
On the subject of Kerfuffle, do you happen to have a video of our beloved artificially intelligent performance balancer in action?

On the subject of Kerfuffle, do you happen to have a video of our beloved artificially intelligent performance balancer in action?
Oh dear lord no. It's just a bunch of formulas in an Excel (well, OpenOffice) spreadsheet. Most of them read "#NAME?" or "#VALUE?" until I put in all of the race results, and then ol' Fuffy updates everything all at once:

upload_2020-10-27_12-12-0.png

There's a VLOOKUP table hiding in an additional sheet which reads the points and "gap to mean" values.

Also I should post up the tracks.

Incidentally, don't forget that the UK's clocks have gone back, so this week's races are an hour later for those of you in that North America.

Right...

TVR Tuscan Challenge
Car and base handicap:
* TVR Tuscan Speed Six - 100% Power, 100% Weight
Tyres:
Sports Soft
Circuits
Race 1: Willow Springs - Big Willow (8 laps)
Race 2: Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop (5 laps)
Race 3: Goodwood Motor Circuit (8 laps)
Race 4: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (5 laps)

I'll post up the handicap document shortly... Note that the Stage 1 minimum weight on the Tuscan is 97, so if Kerfuffle is exceptionally kind to you, you may need to buy Stage 2.

And to repeat, it's a 2000 UTC assembly now, because the UK's clocks went back. That might mean @Pigems can join us (for one week only :lol: )

Last edited:
I've run some points/time simulations for this week, and it's safe to say that we might see some very... odd handicaps. The fact that @Drex124 is starting off with 97% power and 104% weight is an indication thereof. I can't say why exactly, given the relative stability of the past two weeks, but...
I think Kerfuffle has "issues"
... seems like a sound assessment.

I've run some points/time simulations for this week, and it's safe to say that we might see some very... odd handicaps. The fact that @Drex124 is starting off with 97% power and 104% weight is an indication thereof. I can't say why exactly, given the relative stability of the past two weeks, but...
That's a 1% increase in weight from the past two weeks, where does the odd stuff come in?

Back