GT Career Mode Challenge, Presented by Racers Reunited - Round 9; Nov 24 @ 2000UTC

• Thread starter Famine
  • 473 comments
Room up? Not seeing it.
Keep in mind the start time is an hour later than normal because the UK's clocks changed, so we're still over an hour and a half out from the start right now.

Keep in mind the start time is an hour later than normal because the UK's clocks changed, so we're still over an hour and a half out from the start right now.

Oooh, completely forgot about that. Does give me time to finish the livery at least.

My livery this week is absolute mince. It started off as a replica of the purple Speed 12 British GT car, and ended up as most of a replican't of the same car. Couldn't find half the sponsor decals, which is a pity as one was The Getaway :lol:

My livery today is dedicated to 2021 and beyond. A nod towards the future of this hobby of ours.
PlayStation 5, Gran Turismo 7 and GTP16. Exciting times ahead.

The future is unknown to all of us and we can only hope to be along for the ride :)
I wish everyone here a great future.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201027195041.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201027195104.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201027195151.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201027195228.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201027195251.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201027195328.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201027195339.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201027195407.jpg

Right...

TVR Tuscan Challenge
Car and base handicap:
* TVR Tuscan Speed Six - 100% Power, 100% Weight
Tyres:
Sports Soft
Circuits
Race 1: Willow Springs - Big Willow (8 laps)
Race 2: Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop (5 laps)
Race 3: Goodwood Motor Circuit (8 laps)
Race 4: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (5 laps)

I'll post up the handicap document shortly... Note that the Stage 1 minimum weight on the Tuscan is 97, so if Kerfuffle is exceptionally kind to you, you may need to buy Stage 2.

And to repeat, it's a 2000 UTC assembly now, because the UK's clocks went back. That might mean @Pigems can join us (for one week only :lol: )

I’m home in time(I think :lol: ), and I’ve got my TVR ready. :)

That is, if there is room anyways. :)

I’m home in time(I think :lol: ), and I’ve got my TVR ready. :)

That is, if there is room anyways. :)
Aaaand he wins the TVR round :lol:

That was tough, and those things are very unforgiving. I largely enjoyed it (hey, it's my exercise for the week), buuuut I think maybe we'll not have them in season two. Also you should see what the N600 Japan/US/UK event has in store.

I haven't confirmed the WTCC car for next week, but I'm pretty sure it'll be the Subaru WRX Gr.4.

Aaaand he wins the TVR round :lol:

That was tough, and those things are very unforgiving. I largely enjoyed it (hey, it's my exercise for the week), buuuut I think maybe we'll not have them in season two. Also you should see what the N600 Japan/US/UK event has in store.

I haven't confirmed the WTCC car for next week, but I'm pretty sure it'll be the Subaru WRX Gr.4.

Great racing today, especially that 3 way battle in the Tokyo race, that was a lot of fun! :cheers:

Thanks for the races today fellas, well done by all, that car was a real handful to drive. :cheers: Sorry to anyone I may have bumped today, being in traffic in this car was really tricky. :)

Sorry to @Jordan too, I thought for sure you were ghosted in that last race. That was a little more than a bump, that was a full force head on collision. Sorry about that man. :cheers:

Last edited:
Sorry for bailing after race 2. I wasn't at my best and the little mistakes added up.

Was having fun with the car though. Just not my day.

+ And see, I tried to tell you all. I'm not the only person in Canada. :D

Last edited:
Sorry to @Jordan too, I thought for sure you were ghosted in that last race. That was a little more than a bump, that was a full force head on collision. Sorry about that man. :cheers:
No worries! I dealt my fair share of unintentional love taps this round as well... apologies to all affected.

Also, @JockeP22, in case you didn't hear me on the Party Chat, I love the livery. Those classic GTPlanet logos really took me by surprise, and it's great to see some optimism — I hope we all have a lot to look forward to in 2021 with GTP16. :D

Thanks for the racing last night folks. Quite enjoyed that, car was a handful but since I made more mistakes myself than the car compelled me to make, I can't hold that against it. Dropping from 5th or so to 13th or so at Spa was frustrating and got caught up in a couple of other accidents at Goodwood, but somehow I did alright at Willow and actually had quite a bit of fun at that race.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201027195451.jpg

With only limited time to create a livery I put something together reminiscent of the UK stock car scene. Would've added more decals if I'd had anything appropriate but can't go too far wrong with bold colours.

20201027225241.jpg

Amazing how much camera freedom you get at Willow. There's an escape road near the end of the front stretch you can go up and just keep going to the other side of the track. Given GT's approach to track limits, I assume you can also just drive straight across?

20201027225246.jpg

20201027225252.jpg

20201027225257.jpg

20201027225303.jpg

20201027225155.jpg

20201027225201.jpg

20201027225212.jpg

20201027225224.jpg

Accidentally taking out the distance markers at the Bus Stop which confused a few folks...

20201027225230.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201027210941.jpg

Let me add to the common theme "SORRY FOR THE BUMPS"
was not a car to jump straight into !
I think over accelerating and locking the brakes up didn't help but changing down gear too quick killed me more than once...
great fun lets not do it again .. lol

it was this good :

Last edited:
I thought the Tuscan was OK. I usually have trouble controlling any car. So when everyone else has trouble controlling their cars it's a bonus. :dopey:

Can we do them again - I was beginning to get to grips with its lack of grip at Spa. :)

Wow, I can see myself printing a poster out of this and hanging it on my wall. Great shot 👍

I thought the Tuscan was OK. I usually have trouble controlling any car. So when everyone else has trouble controlling their cars it's a bonus.
Can we do them again - I was beginning to get to grips with its lack of grip at Spa.

I had a good time in the TVR as well.
This was round #6 and for the first time I actually felt like I was somewhat competitive.
Had a fourth place finish in one of the races and a near 7th place at Spa had I not made that
error at the final chicane on the final lap :dunce:

I noted that yesterday also marked the halfway point of the career mode challenge, six Tuesdays down
out of twelve.

Oh dear lord no. It's just a bunch of formulas in an Excel (well, OpenOffice) spreadsheet. Most of them read "#NAME?" or "#VALUE?" until I put in all of the race results, and then ol' Fuffy updates everything all at once

Oh, now you've gone and shattered my illusion of what the kerfuffle entity actually was.
I was under the impression that kerfuffle was being locked away in an armored strongroom,
protected from unauthorized access and forced attacks by having three separate keys needing to
be turned simultaneously in order to open up the first door, only to be faced by a second reinforced,
two feet thick metal door being controlled by voice command that only you, Andrew, were able to operate.

And once inside one needed to scan ones fingerprints, retinas, height and weight and only Famine's
results would be accepted.

In terms of technicality I was dead sure kerfuffle would be among the worlds most complex AI.
Kerfuffle being a sort of hive mind and Famine one of its loyal subjects.

To me kerfuffle represented the racing equivalent to the complexity of the Wintergatan marble machine,
kerfuffle spitting out our power and weight numbers much like the Wintergatan keeps spitting out marbles :lol::

While I was having a look at prices...

For those in the USA and Canada who may want to renew or top up their PS Plus subscription, this seems like a good deal at the moment. 53% and 48% off respectively.

CD Keys - PS Plus - US

CD Keys - PS Plus - Canada

I've used CD keys in the past without problems. The UK price is only 14% off. :-/
A bit cheaper for the UK, 20% off, at ShopTo - who I've also used.

Oh, now you've gone and shattered my illusion of what the kerfuffle entity actually was.
I was under the impression that kerfuffle was being locked away in an armored strongroom,
protected from unauthorized access and forced attacks by having three separate keys needing to
be turned simultaneously in order to open up the first door, only to be faced by a second reinforced,
two feet thick metal door being controlled by voice command that only you, Andrew, were able to operate.

And once inside one needed to scan ones fingerprints, retinas, height and weight and only Famine's
results would be accepted.

In terms of technicality I was dead sure kerfuffle would be among the worlds most complex AI.
Kerfuffle being a sort of hive mind and Famine one of its loyal subjects.
A machine of occasionally questionable results, accessible only by it's creator... where have I heard that before.

Anyway, a totally unrelated livery:
View media item 69502View media item 69503

Back