GT Concept available in US?

From what people have said here, you have to get a mod chip for your PS2. I was going to buy one through a guy here but the thought of taking my PS2 apart and changing stuff kinda worried me. I don't want to screw it up. And then the chip is like $30 plus S/H, the game is $25 plus S/H, so you just paid $70 or so to play a game that has a whole 30 or so cars. I think its sorta worth it, as news of another new Japan only GT is comeing out soon. I don't know, it's a risky deal. You have to find GTC, the Chip, and maybe the new GT on the web, and if it's an individual, you have to deal with a stranger with your money. I don't know man...

dont bother with chips, they're a pain and too expensive, download a bootdisk and use it to play imports. and if you want a copy of gt concept tokyo, try upstate games (upstategames.com) or national console supply inc. (ncsx.net), it'll cost ya about $35

DL a boot disc? So I didn't have to have the chip after all? How big and where can I DL a boot disc? and how do I use it? Do I need a DVD writer?

as to where you can get a boot disc, try downloading one from some somebody else via file sharing network (like kazaa or morpheus) then burn it on a cd, there are some sites that sell them, but they rip you off and charge like $20. How do they work? well you put in in your ps2, wait for it to load, then it'll tell you to put in the disc you want to play. if you get a good boot disc program, it'l let you play import games, so called "backup games", and out of region dvd's. if you want to buy a copy of the japanese gt concept tokyo collection, cause i know it hasn't been released in the us yet, try www.upstategames.com, or www.ncsx.com

There are no PS2 bootdisks, it's a pretty simple fact as of this moment. You need a modchip (and probably a Gameshark or Action Replay unless your chip is the neoMod 4 or later...)
There is one method to play PS1 backups on the PS2 without a mod but it seriously compromises the safety of your PS2 IMHO.
And if you get a modchip, you will always have to solder wires. (although the number of wires has seriously gone down...)

Latest Posts

Back