GT Demo Request Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leadfoot53
  • 37 comments
  • 3,965 views
Messages
681
United States
California
Hey. I know that there are many threads based on the many different demos in the world, so I was thinking that it may be best to possibly make a thread to keep all of the demo requests in line. I also think that there may be a lot of what we want to see in the videos.

For example, here's what I want to see:

1. A NASCAR video with the "infamous" 5th gear... I've heard the rumors about it, havent seen it legitimately...
2. A Pagani Zonda video with sound (besides that one that has like 5 seconds worth of sound...)


So, this is kind of what I would like to see... What do you guys think?
 
Hey. I know that there are many threads based on the many different demos in the world, so I was thinking that it may be best to possibly make a thread to keep all of the demo requests in line. I also think that there may be a lot of what we want to see in the videos.

For example, here's what I want to see:

1. A NASCAR video with the "infamous" 5th gear... I've heard the rumors about it, havent seen it legitimately...
2. A Pagani Zonda video with sound (besides that one that has like 5 seconds worth of sound...)


So, this is kind of what I would like to see... What do you guys think?

You can actually get a glimpse of the roaring sound of the Pagani Zonda R in this vid:

 
^ That's the exact one I was kind of referring to as the one that I didn't want to see... thank you anyway.
 
^ That's the exact one I was kind of referring to as the one that I didn't want to see... thank you anyway.

Not a problem my friend. :)
 
what I want to know is when will a best buy employee put the ISO up of the demo so we can all try it :)
 
Just a suggestion, you should change the title of the thread to "GT5 Retail Demo Locations". And have the thread be a place where you have to post an image and the location of a store that has a GT5 demo so that other visitors to the site can check it out. In fact something like that should be on the front page... assuming that its more than just the one store.
 
Just a suggestion, you should change the title of the thread to "GT5 Retail Demo Locations". And have the thread be a place where you have to post an image and the location of a store that has a GT5 demo so that other visitors to the site can check it out. In fact something like that should be on the front page... assuming that its more than just the one store.

That's not what I am going for with this thread. I made this thread so people could ask to see some thing from a GT5 demo...
 
dont know why I cant start a new thread.
here is some footage i got from bestbuy
notice the sparks




 
Last edited by a moderator:
It quite clearly states in the forum listings underneath this particular forum:
NOTE: New users cannot create threads in this forum until they have made 100 posts.

Thanks for the videos though!

Edit: Just noticed the sparks in the first vid... Coming off the wall, fine, looks OK if a bit arcadey. However, when two cars going an almost identical speed just touch, the shower of sparks looks a bit ridiculous.

Edit 2: What's with the track disappearing at roughly 1:10 in the second vid?! I hope that's the GPU overcooking in the case and not a "feature" (read, "bug") of the demo.
 
Last edited:
Really, really old builds. The sparks no longer look like that at Gamescom demos, more dynamic.
And there is no wind acting on the dust in this demo, among other things like skidmarks
 
Really, really old builds. The sparks no longer look like that at Gamescom demos, more dynamic.
And there is no wind acting on the dust in this demo, among other things like skidmarks

Thats what I was about to post grrrrrrrrr :)
 
Nice damage on the GTR in the Toscana video! That one hard hit knocked that hood quite well!
 
Didn't people that play the demo could change the build through the options menu?
Example:
gt5-compilation-demo-2.jpg
 
I think this thread would've been great if it was made before E3 and gamescom. Those demos have much more to offer than the old builds that the best buys are getting.
 
Why does anyone suppose Best Buy is getting old demos? Wouldn't you think that Sony would want to display the game in the best of light by using the most polished demo build available. That would obviously be better for marketing. I just don't understand why Sony would distribute different builds to different Best Buys, let alone old builds.
 
Why does anyone suppose Best Buy is getting old demos?

Like CoolColJ already mentioned, no skidmarks for example, which you have in the latest demo at Gamescon.
 
Last edited:
For your first question, the cup cars in the demo I played at best buy yesterday had 4 forward gears. Was no fifth. As for question 2, don't know.
 
Okay thanks. I just wanted to make sure, because I remembered there was some speculation about PD accidently putting a 5th gear in the cup cars, back in E3...
 
I'd like to see the damage on the '69 Corvette. As gruesome as it may sound, i want to see how damage looks on the classics. I want to see how they model fiberglass, as well.
 
Like CoolColJ already mentioned, no skidmarks for example, which you have in the latest demo at Gamescon.

:confused: That does not answer my question.
 
If someone could get some video of a production car with
Pro Physics
All assists OFF
N3 tires.
:)
 
dont know why I cant start a new thread.
here is some footage i got from bestbuy
notice the sparks


WOW SUPER GLITCH ON THE RING AT: 1:11 to 1:15

THAT REALLY SUCKED 👎👎:grumpy::grumpy:

That better not happen to me in a 24H race. Kaz.
 
I think its not the first time that has happen. Well its still a demo.
 
@ Gamer28 if you go today, do you think you could try to get videos of damage from the interior view of a car? TIA
 
Did the GTR not have a cockpit-view option for the Toscana track? I really wanted to see how the gauges and such lit up :/

I'd love to see in car footage of the Ferrari Enzo and Ford GT with decent sound.
 
Back