GT Forse Pro Wheel... the mechanical noise

  • Thread starter Thread starter SkillRacer
  • 44 comments
  • 4,339 views
Zardoz
Yes, there is: Throw the Logitech POS into a landfill and get a Mad Catz.

I do not understand how all you Logitech fans out there can stand the ridiculously loud "Rrrrrrrrr!!!!" sound of the Logitech wheels. My son and I gave up on our DF after less than a half-hour of use. That monstrosity was so loud you could hear it from one end of the house to the other. The Mad Catz, on the other hand, is dead quiet. Force feedback, schmorse feedback. I'll take no FF over the scream of the Logitechs any day.
Are you kidding me? You traded your DF for an MC2? You, good sir, are mentally insane. I have both an MC2 and a DFP, and the DFP is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY better than the MC2. You threw away the best wheel on the market for a piece of crap MadCatz all because of some FF noise?? This may be the dumbest, most idiotic act I have EVER heard of.

Anyway, I believe the mechanical noise doesn't hurt the wheel. Why would Logitech produce a wheel that gets damaged while being used correctly? Now that just doesn't make any sense.
 
i have a dfp and the mc2 and dfp destroys the mc2 in every category <8- ) when i was thinking about buying one i was like "it could not be THAT great" and then one day i bought it (with a extra 2 year warranty thanks to best buy just in case) and i "rip" that thing a new one every time i use it. its like the zonda of wheels, you don't buy it and not use it! i have not had any problems with mine, although i did break our keyboard stand from using it to mount the wheel while playing LFS <8- P i think www.epinions.com has it and i would recommend picking one up as soon as possible 👍
 
What other wheel on the market has 900*steering? I only know of one ;)

Once you play GT4 with the DFP then you will know why its so great. Even with the decentish pedals its still a pretty good wheel. I've beaten the living crap out of mine for the past 6 months in GT3 and now in GT4. She still run's like a champ. www.3rdgenracerX.net/DFP2.wmv
 
spawn9999999
This may be the dumbest, most idiotic act I have EVER heard of.

Oh, come on. Certainly you've heard of dumber, more idiotic acts than returning something you hate for something you like and getting full store credit for the thing you hate.

Notice how everybody has the same solution for the noise? They drown it out with a lot more noise. That's fine if you live alone in the desert, but if you actually have a family and reside near other people, turning it up until you can't hear the "Rrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!" being generated 18 inches from your ears is not an option.
 
3rdgenracerX
What other wheel on the market has 900*steering? I only know of one ;)

Once you play GT4 with the DFP then you will know why its so great. Even with the decentish pedals its still a pretty good wheel. I've beaten the living crap out of mine for the past 6 months in GT3 and now in GT4. She still run's like a champ. www.3rdgenracerX.net/DFP2.wmv
nice 1 thrdgenracerX i think that what you just showed us all will wake all that mad cat lovers up once and for all.............. DFP DOZ RULE. 👍 👍 👍 👍
 

Attachments

  • Image011.jpg
    Image011.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 39
Okay guys (and girls :) )

Everybodys talking about the ff doing all the noise.

I've been driving radio controlled cars for 5 years 👍 , and one thing is for certain.
If you buy a beginner-car it often has a gear-differential made out of nylon gears. :dunce:

and trust me, after a month of driving, it makes A HELL OF A WHINING NOISE!!!! 👎 👎

It's sound the axact same as the dfp after being put to use for a couple of months.

But here is where my knowledge ends:
Does anybody know if there are any nylongears that connects with the ff-motor?

If there are: THATS the fu**** culprit! :) 💡

Well, try greasing that thing up, and tell me if I'm wrong.
(go buy some grease for gears in an autoshop)
I just bought mine, so I don't wanna break the warranty yet.

I'm curious to hear if anybody tries this. :)

And put that DFP/MADCATS discussion to rest. That shouldnt be part of this thread.

Best regards,
Jesper Colding - Jørgensen
Denmark
 
vipersan
What noise?

Do as I often do, to confirm over and over that the wheel my son and I got was not a defective abberation: Go into any CompUSA that has a DF or DFP on display. Grasp the wheel. Turn the wheel quickly from one side to the other.

That noise.
 
Hmmm, that noise seems just normal to me. Just check my video above, of using wheel in GT4P. I like to abuse it, but still works perfectly. And I have it quite a while now. I use it also on PC ...
 
Are the accelerator problems you're talking about in GT3 or GT4? I ask because I was experiencing these problems and a few others with GT3. I was about to try a fix, but then I got a Japanese version of GT4 and the Pro Force wheel works perfectly. The sensitivity is exactly how it should be. No power loss , no intermitent problems. Pro Force was designed for GT4 not GT3 and it shows.I'm glad I didn't mess with the inner works for the sake of GT3. I'm totally impressed with this wheel and GT4.
 
njesper
But here is where my knowledge ends:
Does anybody know if there are any nylongears that connects with the ff-motor?

If there are: THATS the fu**** culprit! :) 💡

Well, try greasing that thing up, and tell me if I'm wrong.
(go buy some grease for gears in an autoshop)
I just bought mine, so I don't wanna break the warranty yet.

I'm curious to hear if anybody tries this. :)

Well, my curiousity got the best of me a while ago, so I've had mine apart to look at it. Most of the gears, with the exception of the gear that is attached directly to the motor (brass) are nylon. There is already quite a bit of grease in there, so adding more is not going to help.

Anyway, after looking at it, it seems like it was designed pretty well, the gear teeth are pretty wide so the odds of stripping them are quite small. I've got quite a few hours on mine so far, and the only thing that I've noticed is that the dimpled rubber grip is starting to wear smooth in a couple of spots, but other than that, the wheel itself is working fine. Even after a serious amount of rally practice. Tahiti Maze over and over and over...

I don't even notice the noise from the wheel anymore, even though I found it objectionable when I first got my DFP.
 
Thanks for the info neurokinetik,

I am still curious though, if some new grease or perhaps new gears will help, the day mine starts squeeking too much. Hope I can find some that matches :)

Best regards,

Jesper
 
njesper
Okay guys (and girls :) )

Everybodys talking about the ff doing all the noise.

I've been driving radio controlled cars for 5 years 👍 , and one thing is for certain.
If you buy a beginner-car it often has a gear-differential made out of nylon gears. :dunce:

and trust me, after a month of driving, it makes A HELL OF A WHINING NOISE!!!! 👎 👎

It's sound the axact same as the dfp after being put to use for a couple of months.

But here is where my knowledge ends:
Does anybody know if there are any nylongears that connects with the ff-motor?

If there are: THATS the fu**** culprit! :) 💡

Well, try greasing that thing up, and tell me if I'm wrong.
(go buy some grease for gears in an autoshop)
I just bought mine, so I don't wanna break the warranty yet.

I'm curious to hear if anybody tries this. :)

And put that DFP/MADCATS discussion to rest. That shouldnt be part of this thread.

Best regards,
Jesper Colding - Jørgensen
Denmark
yes it has got nylon gears on it coz i opened it up to see were the noise was coming from.... and it is greased up.... its got a big motor in it, the same kind of one you would get in rc car but alot bigger... 👍
 
Im sure that almost all wheels do that (noise when turned). I have owned 2 they both made a lot of noise when turned fast, and they are still in working.
 
3rdgenracerX
What other wheel on the market has 900*steering? I only know of one ;)

Once you play GT4 with the DFP then you will know why its so great. Even with the decentish pedals its still a pretty good wheel. I've beaten the living crap out of mine for the past 6 months in GT3 and now in GT4. She still run's like a champ. www.3rdgenracerX.net/DFP2.wmv

First I would like to say thanks for the video. It's very much appreciated. I don't think you will be able to drive like that with ABS off. If you watch closely the video you are slaming the break pretty hard in the turns :-P. Very good driving skill. I hope you have Xlink and we can have the chance to race a few races next week.
 
Back