GT HD Release Date: December 24th Price: Free (Download)

• Thread starter Lulu Bee
  • 43 comments
Finally it looks like I will be able to pull some big drifts, I could never do it in gt4 as wheelspinning wasn't realistic. Mind I am not going to be experiencing this until a proper game is released

Because things like this sell a console. If every game maker took your attitude there would be no games at all. Doh!
yeah, you're right. What was I thinking!!!! But I have to say that it seems that you have a little bit of an attitude youself. Doh!! :)

Not to mention, but I will, this:

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2006/12/22-50 (courtesy of American Ninja from PS3Forums)

World's Most Popular Driving Videogame Franchise Available in Full HD

Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) announced today the December 24 North American release of Gran Turismo(TM)HD Concept, available for free download, exclusively on the PLAYSTATION(R)Store (PS Store) for the PLAYSTATION(R)3 (PS3(TM)) computer entertainment system. Developed by Polyphony Digital Inc., this driving game features an all-new course for players to be the first to drive a Ferrari on a PS3, as well as have the option to select a car from nine other worldwide manufacturers that include Infiniti, Lotus, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Suzuki. Available only for a limited time, Gran Turismo HD Concept takes full advantage of the PS3 PLAYSTATION 3 hardware performance by providing full HD 1080p* resolution and next-generation car physics ushering in a new era of racing for the gaming industry.

"Gran Turismo HD Concept provides PS3 and automotive fans a glimpse into the future of Gran Turismo," states Kazunori Yamauchi, famed creator of the Gran Turismo franchise. "With the power of the PS3 technology, the world of Gran Turismo is refined by its full HD visual presentation and unique interactive experience, resulting in an even more realistic and true driving simulator."

Upon downloading Gran Turismo HD Concept, PS3 users have access to the Eiger Nordwand course and can compete in Time Trial races to collect and unlock new cars. Upon unlocking the initial 10 cars, the player has access to 10 more "Tuned Cars," as well as access to a new driving mode called "Drift Trial."

In the "Drift Trial" mode, the player can master the art of drifting and achieve ultimate control of their car. Furthermore, when connected to the PLAYSTATION(R)Network (PS Network), the player can upload their times and view the Top 10 rankings for each car and mode, as well as play and save replays online.

Featured Automobiles in Gran Turismo HD Concept (Year, Manufacturer, Model)

In order of appearance in game (available in stock and "tuned" versions):

-- 1995 Suzuki Cappucino
-- 1989 Mazda Eunos Roadster
-- 2004 Honda Integra TYPE R
-- 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR
-- 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe
-- 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR
-- 2005 Lotus Elise 111R
-- 1994 Nissan SKYLINE GT-R Vspec II
-- 1995 Toyota Celica GT-FOUR Rally Car
-- 2006 Ferrari 599

Additional Information About The Game Modes in Gran Turismo HD Concept In "Time Trial" mode, the player selects a car and must complete the Eiger Nordwand course within the target time indicated at the top of the screen. Each time the player beats the target time, a new car is unlocked and made available for selection. As stated, upon unlocking all of the cars, the player can access tuned cars, along with the option to race Eiger Nordwand in the opposite direction.

In "Drift Trial" mode, the player's drifting technique is tested, rather than their lap time. The player earns drift points based on their drift angles, racing lines, and speeds within evaluation zones located at various turns on the course. For each evaluation zone, the results are based on the number of flags and a numerical figure. The point total from all zones determines the player's drift points for the lap and is counted toward the rankings.

The following settings are available during gameplay: 1) Transmission -- the player can select either Manual or Automatic. 2) Stability Management (SM) -- the player can turn this ON or OFF during gameplay. ASM is designed to prevent vehicle skidding by controlling each of the four wheel brakes independently. 3) Traction Control (TC) Level -- the player can set the TCS level, which senses drive-wheel slip and prevents wheel spin. 4) Tires -- the player can select front and rear tires from nine types of brands.

I like how the co driver in that Celica GT-Four is trying to read pace notes, and not just copying the drivers motions. That is a thought out touch right there...

Tires with 9 different brands 👍
btw the drift mode sounds like a copy of Kaido Battle

According to numerous posts at PS3Forums, the GT HD demo is now available at the Playstation Store. Though traffic has exploded, naturally. :P

That sucks. I hope I can play it at the lock-in I'm going to next week. I should talk to the guy I know that works there to see if he can download it. :D I just wish I had my own PS3 to play it. Prolly by the time I do get one GT5 will be out. :lol:

Back