Gt Mmo

• Thread starter sicbeing
  • 22 comments
Cribanox
I think it'd be a great idea for GT5 to not only be online, but use Online to its most.

Featres:

- Online World. Countries, States, Cities, Etc.

- Tracks all over the world, travel by plane.

- You have a player character that can walk around, but only to an extent, we don't want them to create an entire WORLD, just the main points. Dealerships, Tracks, Highways, Airports, Home, etc.

- Compete in Pre-Made races on tracks, or create your own race on a track that you travel to. Each race is an "instance" (an area where you and your opponents race, so there isn't a limit to how many people can use the track at once, we don't want extremly long lines, an instance is using the same track as everyone else, but in a different "instance", so anyone can use the track).

- The pre made tracks will be competitions made by Game Masters (the staff who runs the game). Depending on the race, date, time, etc, weather / conditions change. The prize varies depending on the class / cars alowed. There will be money due at sign up.

An exmaple of a Pre Made race and its divisions can be seperated by specific cars, a power/weight ratio, how much money is put into your car (including it's cost), or class of car (Will explain later, special cars).

- The player made races will be along the same lines, but a borader version. Your own rules. Players should be allowed to put up ANYTHING for bid. The maker of the race will say what is needed for anny. Either money, your slip, or even parts. (Parts should be divided by price, so you'd have to put up a 5,000 Cr. Part of higher into the anny).

If the race is for money, everyone puts in the speicified amount. The maker of the race can divide up the prize's by the place the player comes in. He can decide whether or not the 1st place winner takes all, or if the 1st place takes 90% and the 2nd place takes 10%. Etc.

If racing for slips, this should only be allowed in 2 player racing. But, if you want to join a 6 person race and put up your car for anny, then the 1st place driver gets all the cars. This wouldnt be reccomended, but should be an available option, for hardcore players.

If the race is for parts, then It should work the same way money does, but no choice between percentages, like the cars, 1st takes all.

- Parts should be handled on their own. You should not have to purchase a part for a specific car. Say you want a Stage 4 Turbo Kit, buy it, then have it hang out in your home into you're ready to put it on a car, you should be able to take parts off of cars and sell them too. Trade / Sell anything in this game, anything from cars, money, to parts.

- Home should be trated as an instance. Everyone has their own home. (In case you still need further explanation of what an Instance is, it is your own area that no one else can access, that only you can load to). You can have your Garage, and then a Workshop. (see next note)

- Workshop. I think a fun and great way to further make it more like an MMO, and what can seperate you from other players, is the ability to gain skill in your Workshop.

* Skill. Everytime you use a skill in your workshop, you get better at using that skill. Your skills start at nothing. If you start out doing small tasks, like changing your oil, or flushing transmission fluid (After of corse BUYING oil or fluid from a shop inside the game) then your skill will increase. If you are at a low skill level, trying to do something really difficult and timly will either have you do that job EXTREMLY slow, or just have you fail at it and ruin your parts and possibly your car.

* 1st Skill. Mechanics. This is basically what it sounds like. Changing Stuff under the hood, ECU's, Transmissions, Motor work, Fluids, etc. Mechanics will be the hardest thing to perform and master.

* 2nd Skill. Body Work. The middle option, not too hard, not too easy. This will be for things like installing wings, repairing body damage, replacing fenders / quarter panels, changing hoods, adding lightweight parts to the car, etc.

* 3rd Skill. Refinish. Paintjobs, Wheels, Tires, stuff like that. This is the easiest job to perform.

There would be no limit to how many different skills, you can choose to master all three.

If you rather not learn skills, you should be able to pay other players to do the job for you, or goto a dealership / bodyshop and pay them.

- Back to tracks. Each track should hold the lowest time ever lap'd on that track, divided up by cars, so if someone out there raced a Honda S2000, and got 4 Minutes, and then another Honda S2000 came and got 3 Minutes, the player who had three minutes should have his name on the board ("click on the board to scroll through times" type board) under the Honda S2000 section. So it'd be like "The Fastest with a Honda S2000 was "Player Name". It should do that for every car. It may take up a lot of space, but hey, its an MMORPG!

- I dont want the idea of Body kits or Vynals or Custom Neons or any of that crap comming to this game. We can stick with paint, wheels, and spoilers.

- Keep the HUGE car selection, but broaden the makes and models just a bit, we dont need 25% of the population driving a skyline or evolution. This will give a cool "unuique" feel, no matter what you drive.

- Types of Races should include Track, City, Rally Off Road (downhill / uphill), Snow, and Autocross. Keep autocross for lesser cars or inexperienced players and make tracks steady for better cars if needed.

- Licenses, of corse we still want them, right? How else would you be able to tell some players skill from others? Yes, still make it so you need a certain license to enter certain races, both pre made and player made (up to the player, if he wants an S - GOLD only mini cooper race, then thats what he wants!) (oh yea, divide them up by B - A - IB - IA - S - and R still, but have them split up even more by All Bronze, All Silver, or All Gold. If you have 12 Silver and 1 Bronze on B License, you're still an Bronze "B" Driver, you need to -at least- get all bronze / silver / gold to get the "all" for the bronze silver or gold.)

- I want to stick to city / street / racing and rally cars. I don't really want "special" cars like the carrage or the nike one in there, unless its for a good reason, like this... Make special cars RARE, make it so not everyone drives them, i dont want a "nike one only race", make it so they can pop up and surprise you and be cool. To make them rare, make them only winnable in pre made races by Game Masters, and they only run them once a month, and for a different car every time. 12 racers out of the whole year will get those cars, so 12 out of thousands will be rare enough. Make "concept cars" along the same lines, but a little less rare to find, but still un common, we dont want 10,000 concept cars on the road, it'd be less fantastic feeling.

- Inbetween areas on the world map (where id want to be able to click and go from home, like "pay this much airfare for a trip here" etc). Id want there to be highways, off road, and city streets. Maybe not get TOO detailed, but maybe each city could be midnight club / NFSU size city streets if not bigger, so that way we can just drive around and talk to people, also make it so your player charcter can walk around here.

Since I wouldn't want anyone dying by getting run over, have rails / boundries where you cant drive , but people can walk.

Same concept goes for cops. We dont want "highway speed chases", so if you;re caught speeding, racing, or anything, by a cop, you get "auto busted" and get sent home with a fine. Race at your own risk!

- Another featre i think would be badass, would be Financing on cars. I don't want people running out to a track and getting paid 100,000,000 Cr. for a race. I think money should be a little less spares, like maybe a few hundred for winning a big race, depending on if youre sponsored or not (read on to see what I have to say about adding sponsers).

- Sponsers! should have them. If you have a rerally good Win / Loss ratio, then dealerships and companies will start to notice you, keep it up and they will add their name to your car and you will start winning more money for racing. They may even pay you to hook up your car, or even give you a car! Depending on how well you race and how well your win / loss Ratio is. Like say if you're Win Loss ratio is like, 100 / 0 (100 wins, 0 loses) then you are like so incredibly good or lucky that they start giving you NICE stuff, expensive cars, etc. The more you have in win % the more stuff you get, like maybe have it set (sign a contract with the business) that at a certain percentage, you get a certain thing, money parts or whatever.

To keep new players from getting sponserd, like having a 1 / 0 100% ratio, there would be limitations:

1. Have your S License BRONZE.
2. Have had RACED (not won) 50 Races. That way it will seem more like "hey , that guys been around a lot, maybe we should look at him closer ".
3. Have had played the game for a month in real time.

- Next to the finacing, I think there should also be a "credit meter", ranging from Perfect, to None, to Poor. Depending on your credit score, a dealer may or may not finance with you, or maybe wiggle the interest around a bit.

Thats all I could think of. It took me a day to think of everything I think would be needed in a GT MMO. Anything anyone else may like to add.?

To further the online "WORLD", you could upload a certain Metro area or something like that where you live in real life that has all the dealerships you have. But to get to say Lamborghini, you'd have to fly to Italy. Like in Colorado, you could drive to Pikes Peak.

2004TSX
To further the online "WORLD", you could upload a certain Metro area or something like that where you live in real life that has all the dealerships you have. But to get to say Lamborghini, you'd have to fly to Italy. Like in Colorado, you could drive to Pikes Peak.

Wonderful ideas.

Another thing I wanted to adress was damage, we, we need some form of body damage or etc. Maybe just depending on how hard you smack, front side or rear, your radiatior could die, you may have a scruffed bumper cover, etc.

And I think there would need to be an online payment of 5 dollars a month, just to keep Game Masters playing with us, posing as cops, dealership owners, track owners, or etc.

sicbeing
...And I think there would need to be an online payment of 5 dollars a month, just to keep Game Masters playing with us, posing as cops, dealership owners, track owners, or etc.
I think no on $5.00 a month. This is why: Xbox charges what? $10 a month for online, period. I hate the Xbox. PS2 has had the great idea's and they are out for people to have fun, not get rich off of them. Well, they do get rich off of us but thats because we buy so many of their games. Keeping it free will keep it that much more fun! And I know if the "Game Masters" like the game as well, they won't feel the need to be paid.:sly:

2004TSX
I think no on $5.00 a month. This is why: Xbox charges what? $10 a month for online, period. I hate the Xbox. PS2 has had the great idea's and they are out for people to have fun, not get rich off of them. Well, they do get rich off of us but thats because we buy so many of their games. Keeping it free will keep it that much more fun! And I know if the "Game Masters" like the game as well, they won't feel the need to be paid.:sly:

fun to think about but wont work, if we want a game that is constantly monitored for cheating, consistant updates, and customer service and game mastes, they'll need money to do that.

Some good ideals, but lots of far fetched ones also. I agree that the online capabilities should be big for GT5. If they had an amazing online set-up, I could care less about how the A.I. drives and GT Mode would not be that important except for collecting cars. Perhaps somehow a online GT Mode could be developed but I would rather they just focus on getting the online capabilities as good as feasable. I would think that GT5 should allow at least 12 players to race at a time online with no troubles. Allow users to set the race settings for each race, including things like no. of laps, type of vehicles, vehicle restrictions, etc. If they allow or have the developement of race leagues that would be great. You could sign up for race leagues etc. Race league directors would monitor your activity from time to time to see if other racers have filed complaints against someone etc. If enough complaints was filed you could be banned for "x" amount of days or kicked off league. Also really would like to see online vehicle trading, but not sure if that should save the car settings etc. It would be kind of neat if paint shops etc. was in and say maybe everyone on a certain race league or club could have badges on their car for that league. How about league vs league battles. I think, although could be wrong the the Granturismo series is played mainly by people 18 and over. With that said, the game should be kept to driving and racing and as simple as possible.

greenlightning
Some good ideals, but lots of far fetched ones also. I agree that the online capabilities should be big for GT5. If they had an amazing online set-up, I could care less about how the A.I. drives and GT Mode would not be that important except for collecting cars. Perhaps somehow a online GT Mode could be developed but I would rather they just focus on getting the online capabilities as good as feasable. I would think that GT5 should allow at least 12 players to race at a time online with no troubles. Allow users to set the race settings for each race, including things like no. of laps, type of vehicles, vehicle restrictions, etc. If they allow or have the developement of race leagues that would be great. You could sign up for race leagues etc. Race league directors would monitor your activity from time to time to see if other racers have filed complaints against someone etc. If enough complaints was filed you could be banned for "x" amount of days or kicked off league. Also really would like to see online vehicle trading, but not sure if that should save the car settings etc. It would be kind of neat if paint shops etc. was in and say maybe everyone on a certain race league or club could have badges on their car for that league. How about league vs league battles. I think, although could be wrong the the Granturismo series is played mainly by people 18 and over. With that said, the game should be kept to driving and racing and as simple as possible.
I think many people who play this are under 18, if not 16. I'm 16 and I've been playing it since I was what...10?

I think theres a lot of school kids who play GT games, bt at the same time it has a HUGE number of followers like me who are past school. I was in my last year when GT1 came out and I got that then and loved GT since. It's just a pity it hasn't really moved on since then.

This was a pretty good post, but I don't think the MMO feature is necessary. I think PD hosting online tournaments (like re-creating ALMS in a sense and whatnot) and bringing a sense of community to the GT fans would be absolutely fantastic.

Honestly. Have monthly championships or something. Figure out a way for people to interact in GT5's online mode, race, whatever.. kind of like the MMO feature you described but without doing all the extra work to create that real world mode. We want PD to focus on cars, on tracks, and the environment..

Laorin
This was a pretty good post, but I don't think the MMO feature is necessary. I think PD hosting online tournaments (like re-creating ALMS in a sense and whatnot) and bringing a sense of community to the GT fans would be absolutely fantastic.

Honestly. Have monthly championships or something. Figure out a way for people to interact in GT5's online mode, race, whatever.. kind of like the MMO feature you described but without doing all the extra work to create that real world mode. We want PD to focus on cars, on tracks, and the environment..
True....but the other stuff would be very cool! 💡

Okay. I know us Gran Turismo players are part of the automotive community, but I don't think us racing gamers are THAT much of a community. I guess you can say that the Forza Motorsport crew are a great community because of XBOX Live and a fully-intergrated online Career Mode, or whatever it's called in Forza. But Gran Turismo isn't really this integrated to warrant a massively multiplayer online racing game. I know of only one racing game that was fully online, and that's Motor City Racing. I'm sorry. I don't see a Gran Turismo "MMORRPG" (Massively Multiplayer Online Racing Role-Playing Game). "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" featured a lot of RPG-style elements which surprisingly came together very nicely. The same isn't really possible with Gran Turismo games. Contrary to the "Real Driving Simulator" deal, GT was about racing. None of the arcadish, usually unnecessary stuff. It's about playing hard. You play hard, or you go home. If you aren't a player, you aren't going to be a winner. Creating a game with an RPG-type world isn't really going to flow well in my view, simply because too much is usually going on when racing, that actually flying to different places, interacting with people, dressing up to race, and all that... usually unncessary. I think many people will usually care about one thing- racing. No skills, no levelling up, I'm sorry. Racing and RPG elements don't usually mix. I guess Enthusia Professional Racing had those skills and such to use on track, but didn't really seem like a match made in Heaven.

Good idea, but this would be very tough to implement, plus many of us don't want to be bombarded with extra stuff that doesn't equate to racing. Rather do license tests and service my car than be part of a big RPG world. And oh yeah, how many people actually want to have this game like "Half-Life: Counterstrike" or "Final Fantasy 11," where online is REQUIRED? Not everyone are online fanatics and want to put up with a online-required game, especially if that online-required game was the next full Gran Turismo. So, there are a few more faults. And if the gamer in question doesn't want to put up with online play or multiplay, you can't really convince someone to pony up cash to play this game and join Sony Online or whatever.

I'm lazy and don't feel like reading all that - but there should be new championships to download and compete in, then a leaderboard kept online for all such events.

I have seen commercials for Star Wars Galaxies. A game like Galaxies is one in which the environment and gameplay revolves around a big universe to explore. The reason why a massively multiplayer online deal would be interesting to stuff like Star Wars Galaxies and the Grand Theft Auto series (imagine walking into someone else in a firefight with the police! Like, it's San Andreas, C.J. is cappin' cops in San Fierro, you step in with a rocket launcher and kill all the fuzz (police, an old-school term, then they chase after you AND C.J.!) is because the games are built around a specialized environment that allows for exploring. Gran Turismo isn't like that. I don't think we'll actually get a sense of having an explorable world for Gran Turismo gamers to have fun in. Surely, you wouldn't blast down a virtual Autobahn or Wangan B in a Nissan R92CP or Minolta Toyota while dodging traffic, would you? Since bodykits aren't possible, how can you settle your Honda vs. Honda battles on the strip?

Gran Turismo is a big world, but I don't think RPG-style worlds and Gran Turismo fit together. And I don't think PD would want to come up with such an idea. Since GT4 has LAN play, but not online beyond LAN, I guess I'm going to have to ask the Forza players about what it would be like for Gran Turismo to implement a MMO racing game. Only Forza player I know best is "McLaren F1GTR," but if anyone has any ideas at how PD could pull off an MMORG (massively multiplayer online racing game), share your thoughts. And do you think this should be its own game, rather than the next full title?

Back