GT Omega updated the ART cockpit

• Thread starter cdubbbs
  • 5 comments
United States
United States
I recently received my ART cockpit after the recent back order ended. When I was researching, many reviews pointed out that the pedal base was made of mdf but I was very happy to see that the new updated versions are metal. This was the only sticking point when I had researched the ART in the past but it wasn't a dealbreaker. However, I am very happy to see the new revision(s) from the older models and for the price I think its a great starting point for sim racing. Previous reviews also talked about how the instructions were difficult to follow but it seems GT Omega listened to the feedback on that as well.
I would highly recommend it if you're looking for a setup under $500.

I had the Omega Art since October 2017, after the summer I think that they updated the pedals plate.

The reviews I watched online were fairly old, even with the mdf pedal plate the ART was at the top of my list when I was researching rigs.

The reviews I watched online were fairly old, even with the mdf pedal plate the ART was at the top of my list when I was researching rigs.

I like for the price, still I am not completly satisfy with the seat. I may upgrading it soon with a Sparco seat.

All in all it is a good rig for the price.

I like for the price, still I am not completly satisfy with the seat. I may upgrading it soon with a Sparco seat.

All in all it is a good rig for the price.

Ideally, I would also install my fixed back seat from my track car onto the frame, however I like the overall size and range of motion as I like to have family and friends play around as well. If it were just for me then I wouldn't have ordered the seat from GT Omega just the frame to bolt in mine. My current seat is very snug to my frame, but guys like my baby brother who is about 260lbs would definitely not fit.
Did you buy any of the accessories such as the table top or keyboard tray?

Ideally, I would also install my fixed back seat from my track car onto the frame, however I like the overall size and range of motion as I like to have family and friends play around as well. If it were just for me then I wouldn't have ordered the seat from GT Omega just the frame to bolt in mine. My current seat is very snug to my frame, but guys like my baby brother who is about 260lbs would definitely not fit.
Did you buy any of the accessories such as the table top or keyboard tray?

What I like of the rig is that you can customize pretty much everything. Plus the inclination of the pedals. The seat is not bad, but for longer session (endurance races in IRacing) became a little of pain, so I am looking for something that can fit me perfectly.

Nope, didn't buy any accessorie. Pretty much for 2 reason. First I play with VR, so they are unecessary, second if I put the table I won't even move for smoking and drink a beer.

Back