GT Omega

• Thread starter thefraggle
  • 30 comments
United Kingdom
Guildford
GTP_thefraggle
For the last couple of weeks I've been looking forward to replacing my playseat with a GT omega pro.
I've been speaking to first of all Dave and then John over at GT Omega and on the advice from John (because it would give me more flexibility with what I want to do) bought the GT Omega Art cockpit.
The advice I got from both of the people I spoke to was amazing!! I couldn't have asked for any more help with anything I spoke to them about. They both were happy to speak to me and were able to answer all the questions I fired at them and gave more information on top. Genuinely amazing customer service from these guys. I can't sing their praises enough.

An amazing company with amazingly helpful staff.

I'll write a review of the product on here as soon as I have had some real time to play with it including a compare of the two cockpits I've had.

I replaced my Playseat with a GT Omega Pro with the RS9 seat a little over a month ago and couldn't be happier. Had to wait a few weeks for it to ship while it was on back order. But when it shipped, I got it quickly.

They have been really amazing for me. They have even just arranged a Saturday delivery for me for a little bit extra money on the delivery!!

Thanks for the kind words! I've passed it on to John and David! :)

If you have any issues down the line or just want any more info feel free to get back in touch.

When i bought the wrong shifter plate, they sent me the correct one free of charge next day too. Outstanding customer service from them as usual.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words! I've passed it on to John and David! :)

If you have any issues down the line or just want any more info feel free to get back in touch.
I'll tell you what I really want got the art, a cup holder

I'll tell you what I really want got the art, a cup holder

We don't have anything just yet but I'll make sure and pass it forward lol!

Some people have drilled holes in the ART frame to allow the Pro Cockpit's cup holder to mount but I wouldn't suggest it.

Some people have drilled holes in the ART frame to allow the Pro Cockpit's cup holder to mount but I wouldn't suggest it.

Attachments

• IMAG0884.jpg
    IMAG0884.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 323
Is it possible to mount the aluminum tabletop from the Art-series onto the Pro Racing Cockpit?
I'm going to make an educated guess and say that because the wheel hard mount holes will be in the same pace that you should be able to do that. Worst case scenario is you have to space the table a tiny bit with washers but yes, I'd put money on being able to easily do it.

I need the measurement from floor to the surface of the area you sit on ( lowest surface of seat area, probably towards the back of seat cushion)
Can't help with that I'm afraid. Do you want it to be higher or lower?

I'm going to make an educated guess and say that because the wheel hard mount holes will be in the same pace that you should be able to do that. Worst case scenario is you have to space the table a tiny bit with washers but yes, I'd put money on being able to easily do it.

Can't help with that I'm afraid. Do you want it to be higher or lower?

Need it to be between 12-14"

Need it to be between 12-14"
Looking at images I think you will probably be fine. Just wondering, why is it the pro you are looking at? I was going to buy the pro but was convinced to go for the art. There is much much flexibility with the art. Up and down adjustability and the option to fit carrots which will raise it up a couple of inches. I have the art with the castors but have used my own cobra Monaco bucket seat.

Just thinking it may be more stable.
Ok, let me say you're mind at rest. I have the art on castors, on the highest setting, I'm "6,2" and about 23 stone, my setup is 100% solid. No flex that I can feel at all. It has genuinely exceeded ALL my expectations. I would recommend this cockpit to anyone and everyone. If I could do events with GT omega to support their product I would.

Ok, let me say you're mind at rest. I have the art on castors, on the highest setting, I'm "6,2" and about 23 stone, my setup is 100% solid. No flex that I can feel at all. It has genuinely exceeded ALL my expectations. I would recommend this cockpit to anyone and everyone. If I could do events with GT omega to support their product I would.

You should do a review on YouTube. I don't understand the differences between the Art and the Pro, or why they have 2 rigs that are so similar. I just assumed the Pro was ...more Pro.

If the Art is better than the Pro, inside sim racing did a really bad job reviewing the rig. There was nothing in the video that would convince me to pick the Art over the Pro.

Do you know if the T3PA pro pedals can be mounted inverted GT mode?

@GTOmega

Last edited:
You should do a review on YouTube. I don't understand the differences between the Art and the Pro, or why they have 2 rigs that are so similar. I just assumed the Pro was ...more Pro.

If the Art is better than the Pro, inside sim racing did a really bad job reviewing the rig. There was nothing in the video that would convince me to pick the Art over the Pro.

Do you know if the T3PA pro pedals can be mounted inverted GT mode?

@GTOmega
Now I might be wrong about this but I'm 95% sure I'm right, inverted the pedals for better on the art because on the metal work of the pro stand. Again, I might be wrong....
The pro is much more of a fixed unit that once you've setup would ideally not move. I was initially going to by the pro but was advised that because I was fitting my own bucket seat the art would be a better fit due to having more flexibility of seat position. Knowing what I know now I would NOT spend the extra on the pro simply because for me it doesn't offer anything else I needed.

In my humble opinion, of you have somewhere to wheel it out the way to someone would have to be mentally unstable to buy anything other than the art. The only real competitors at this price are the playseat. I gave my playseat away as soon as the art arrived even though it was only 6 weeks old!!

I have a YouTube channel but don't have the ability or knowledge to make my own videos like that. Anything else you want to know please do ask. I'll answer anything I can .

GT omega my invoice is in the post

Last edited:
Looks like the T3PA Pros will fit in the Art in GT mode, but not the Pro. So that might eliminate the Pro rig. The only other rig I'm even considering is the Next Level Racing F1GT. Looks really solid and I'm able to get a deal on it in Canada, putting the price on par with the Art. I have a few weeks before I make a decision so the research goes on. Might just build my own rig. That way it will be as solid as I want and custom made to my needs.

But yeah looks like I'd go with the Art instead of the Pro.

Two things i don't like on the Pro, is the articulating keyboard holder and the rear speaker holder. I haven't tried to invert the pedals yet, but i think that's no problem. Still fidling whit some minor things, but all in all i am verry happy whit the Pro.

Attachments

• _20180217_173103.JPG
    _20180217_173103.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 167
Looks like the T3PA Pros will fit in the Art in GT mode, but not the Pro. So that might eliminate the Pro rig. The only other rig I'm even considering is the Next Level Racing F1GT. Looks really solid and I'm able to get a deal on it in Canada, putting the price on par with the Art. I have a few weeks before I make a decision so the research goes on. Might just build my own rig. That way it will be as solid as I want and custom made to my needs.

But yeah looks like I'd go with the Art instead of the Pro.
Just had a look at the next level rig. It looks quite thin. It also looks like it only really has one solid mount for the pedal plate which would see them say on the floor. From what I've seen of other units if the pedal plate isn't bolted down front AND back it flexes which reduces a LOT of pedal feel.

The tubing apparently is very thick and there is zero flex in the frame. But I think you are right about the pedal tray. It would require some modification to prevent flex in the raised F1 position.

Evening Guys. I'm looking to grab the Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 Base & CSL Elite Pedals but I'm struggling to find a rig that I can hard mount everything easily without drilling any holes. Can anyone give me some advice?

Evening Guys. I'm looking to grab the Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 Base & CSL Elite Pedals but I'm struggling to find a rig that I can hard mount everything easily without drilling any holes. Can anyone give me some advice?
You CAN hard mount Fanatec equipment on the gt omega rigs.

I can only get 2 screws in my CSL Elite. I just used one in adjacent corners. Pretty secure.

Does anyone have an issue with the GT Omega lateral shaking? I have to turn my fb down a lot to get rid of it. It causes clipping otherwise. I’m planning on using the longer seat rails to make support beams.
Fanatec CSW 2.5, CSL elite pedals, v1.5 shifter
Sparco Corsa seat on the GT Omega rig.

Latest Posts

Back