GT-one or Vertigo or Camaro race

• Thread starter ken4p
  • 33 comments
Wondering which car of these 3 has better handling?
I am not that good drifting and have problems with the rear end spinning out on me with non FF cars. 4wd cars i can handle better but would need to get IA license to do the dream car race for the Impreza LM.
So would like to hear people's thoughts on these 3 which would be better for me.

If you're trying to drift, that'd be the palce to ask. If you're looking for a race car, I'd lean towards the Vertigo. It's more stable than the Camaro and it's easier to control than the GT-one. If you want flat-out top speed, the GT-one is the choice car.

AO

I haven't played with ne of the rest but my experience with the vertigo is really good. The car sticks to the track like a mutha ____, and turns pretty quickly

If all you want to do with these cars is drift, I would go with the Camaro, but if you are not good at drifting, I would buy either an FC RX-7, AE86 Trueno, or any Silvia, to practice with. Those cars will teach you how to drift, then move up to the cars with more power.

ok sounds like the vertigo is the car i want.
My point on drifting is that i am not good at it.
So I wanted a car that doesn't require it, or another words I don't have to drift to be able to race good with the car.
Which is why I didn't post in the drifter forum.

That would apply to all cars... It's quicker round the track if you DON'T hang the ass out all the time.

It's near impossible to lose control of the Vertigo, especially if you have the TCS set to 1 (or more - usually 1 suffices). The fully-tuned version is close to the quickest FR car there is. Go with that.

Originally posted by Famine
That would apply to all cars... It's quicker round the track if you DON'T hang the ass out all the time.

It's near impossible to lose control of the Vertigo, especially if you have the TCS set to 1 (or more - usually 1 suffices). The fully-tuned version is close to the quickest FR car there is. Go with that.
:D Even if someone else has already said it, Welcome to GTP Forums ken4p !!! Ask good questions (Like this one) 👍 & get good answers. Must agree w/Der Alta & Famine & to quote Neon Duke
"The Vertigo is the closest thing to a Shifter Kart in the game."
...UB57 :D

And is the only car in the game with the name of a bra manufacturer stuck to the nose...

And is the only car in the game with the name of a bra manufacturer stuck to the nose...

That I didnt know, but trust you to pick up on it :D

...Oh yeah, id go for the GT1 even with the handling difficulties that some people say that it has, it will still outgun the other 2 hands down
The vertigo is a top little car though 👍

Originally posted by Bollocks#999
That I didnt know, but trust you to pick up on it :D

...Oh yeah, id go for the GT1 even with the handling difficulties that some people say that it has, it will still outgun the other 2 hands down
The vertigo is a top little car though 👍
aren't we still talking about Drifting??

No, because the original driver didn't want to drift, because he's not very good at it. He was looking for a car that would not inherently oversteer excessively. Actually, it turns out that he really just wants to go fast, which meeans he definitely doesn't want to drift.

In my opinion, the GTOne is the fastest, the Vertigo handles best and the Camaro...well if you need a battering ram, thats the car for you...

also, the Impreza LM...its not all its cracked up to be....its fast but at a price, difficult to turn and understeers like a beast....

Vertigo has great stock handling...but the GT-One is better overall. That's all I'll say on this.

Originally posted by ken4p
4wd cars i can handle better but would need to get IA license to do the dream car race for the Impreza LM.

Ving....this is all a ploy by ken4p to get the Impreza LM....

i was just saying...dont stress it for this car...its cool to look at but difficult to steer....

Attachments

• imprezalm3.jpg
    imprezalm3.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 55
If all you want to do is go fast, then go with the GT1, the vertigo handle better, but you will run better lap times with the GT1, the Camaro is also a very good car too. You should be able to win your races easily without having to drift those cars, as long as you have a grip setup

Originally posted by neon_duke
No, because the original driver didn't want to drift, because he's not very good at it. He was looking for a car that would not inherently oversteer excessively. Actually, it turns out that he really just wants to go fast, which meeans he definitely doesn't want to drift.

Thank you Neon 👍

I dont know where in that post I made i refered to drifting at all:confused: :confused:

I was going to make a thread about that, with examples. But I forgot.

Seriously.
:D

bloggi...yeah, I remember that from the GT3 trivia.

The Impreza LM...I found that was one of my favourite cars in the game...it had decent steering and horsepower to keep up with packs well.

Yeah, but who is driving the GT-One? And in what state of tune?

I've beaten an AI stock GT-One Race Car around 3 laps of Seattle in a full tune Integra Type-R. I wouldn't claim the Integra is a better car though...

So, your basis for concluding that the GT-One is a "schmidt"heap, is that you could beat the 600hp Artifical Retard car in a race? Jebus.

Back