GT Planet iRacing team for the Le Mans 24H?

• Thread starter raven214
  • 3 comments
United States
US
As a long time visitor, I thought I would check here first to see if there is any interest in forming an endurance team for iRacing. My goal is simply to make it to the finish in a GTE car at Le Mans. I'm not looking to be real competitive so everyone is welcome and appreciated: rookie and veteran alike. I have various sim racing experience, but in iRacing I am very much new (just signed up this month and got my C license last night) so right now I am focused on gaining experience and developing consistency.

What I am looking for is a relaxed/fun group that will take their driving seriously but not themselves. I want to practice and get better obviously, but also understand that everyone has different abilities, and that's ok! The idea is to enjoy the drive and the adventure, and hopefully get better along the way.

I would be interested in running other endurance events as well, schedules permitting, such as Daytona, Sebring, Spa, etc (GT3 would probably be my preferred category when available), but my goal of course remains Le Mans.

So what do you all think? It doesn't have to be purely GT Planet members either, but I thought this would be a cool place to start.

Welcome to the service Raven, I'm going on to my tenth year and love it. I have never tried a team race before but it sounds like a lot of fun. I am not the fastest by any means, not even in my dreams, :lol:

The best way to drum up support for team members is on the iRacing forum. There are always members looking for a good challenge. Good luck. 👍

Welcome to the service Raven, I'm going on to my tenth year and love it. I have never tried a team race before but it sounds like a lot of fun. I am not the fastest by any means, not even in my dreams, :lol:

The best way to drum up support for team members is on the iRacing forum. There are always members looking for a good challenge. Good luck. 👍

Well, want to give it a try? What kind of racing do you like to do? I am certainly not fast, and not super consistent yet, but I'm slowly working my way up. Just trying to drive clean and occasionally get a little "racey".

I am 100% a road racer. Time is a concern for me atm. I am running a league and then outside commitments make it more difficult. So for now I will have to pass, thank you for the offer.

Back