GT Planet Worldwide Member Time Attack Challenge Season Two

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 598 comments
the game is pretty short. Without the cutscenes, its like 5 hours of gameplay max. I picked it up because my friends needed a 4th to do online questing with. It's pretty fun but its a pretty strict Japanese RPG and a lot of people complain because you need to spent time leveling and such.

I'm no stranger to grinding... sucks about the short campaign though. Can you keep replaying newgame+ style to get better gear, or do you pretty much get the best stuff after one playthrough?

Edit:
This is about as good as my nerves are going to let me get. Second split here is a 45.8xx, and the second split on my 1'46.219 lap was 45.4xx, so theoretically it's possible to hit 1'45.9xx. Recorded in chase cam as requested by psp88. You can really see how sloppy the steering inputs are through much of the lap, and where I lost a lot of time for accelerating due to sliding/general lack of traction. Most of the time when you nail a corner here, you can just hold the throttle to finish the corner with no further steering input after the apex. That didn't happen much here, lol. I'll leave it in Pitch's hands to run a clean 1'46.2xx or better. :)

Click:

Splits:
T1: 21.135
T2: 45.862
T3: 1'21.587

OVH link to WMV

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BC3DA885302.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Thanks for the third-person view on the video, Glubags!

I was able to get my time down to 1'48.847... I might give it a few more runs later or I may just wave the white flag. I love this track; always have - but I HATE this car on it. It feels like I am driving a boat (or an old mid-70 Cadillac). I only 'suggest' what direction the car should turn, it does so on it's own time and in it's own way. I'll be glad when this one is over!

I'm no stranger to grinding... sucks about the short campaign though. Can you keep replaying newgame+ style to get better gear, or do you pretty much get the best stuff after one playthrough?

Yes you can play through Newgame+ to get GR7 and 8 gear only. After that you need to play with a group of 3 other players to get your GR past 8 haha. Wait did you buy the game?

Well the 2nd is in production, the game to me was really based on playing online with a community more then the story itself. If you like RPG's, you'll like this game I would think.

I never did pick up my PSP again... I was actively seeking other things to do so I didn't have the drive that damn Miata (even though I do love that metallic powder blue color).

1'48.847

77627510.jpg

1'47.975

Thanks for the chase video, glubags & pitch_.

Silly me.
I didn't use the whole width of the track.
I thought two wheels beyond the white lines were off limits.
But I just realized that every time I clip corners of the last chicane I was beyond the white lines.

I did a few more laps this morning using the whole width & I got a slightly dirty 1'47.8xx. A low 1'47 & high 1'46 is possible for me.

EDIT:

BTW, this is the only car & track combo that kept me swaying left & right from my seat (as if it will help the car turn). :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_2549.jpg
    IMG_2549.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 8
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BC3DA885303.zip
    53.1 KB · Views: 32
BTW, this is the only car & track combo that kept me swaying left & right from my seat (as if it will help the car turn). :lol:

I'm with you on that one! There were times that my PSP almost touched my shoulder and I thought to myself, "What the heck are you doing?!?". I hope I didn't make engine sounds while driving too! Ha ha ha!

I'm with you on that one! There were times that my PSP almost touched my shoulder and I thought to myself, "What the heck are you doing?!?". I hope I didn't make engine sounds while driving too! Ha ha ha!

:lol::lol::lol:
That would have been fun to see.

My entry.

laptime005.jpg

I've liked this track since GT1 but the car... at first I hated this little Mazda but its kind of grown on me. With the right tuning its quite a ride.

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BC3DA885304.zip
    55.2 KB · Views: 32
Hi guys ! Here is my lap.

1'46.961

0'20.825
0'45.605
1'21.734
1'46.961

OVH is too slow (made 2 videos -chase and 3rd- cause at the last corner of the chicane, I knew it would be a great time so got a little nervous, turned too early on the right,consequently, cut the corner more than usual small jump BUT always the two left tires on tarmac), I'll try later, I have to go to have lunch with my wife for her birthday (psp88...)

PS : if someone could see my replay and confirm that every thing is ok, that would be great !
PS : took 10 minutes to upload photo and data... China... Every year when Chinese's New Year is coming internet is very very slow...

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-BC3DA885302.rar
    54.9 KB · Views: 33
Hi i"am akiraacecombat, i been in the last time attack with the GT-R(lap time(R3/R3)(tsc-off)(pro phisics)(mt)(nurburgring 6:57:23), i managed to get great times but unfortunetly i couldnt keep the track of gt planet for a long while, so now i have more time and i want to know if any of you guys will organize a brand new contest, when you finish this one and if it is possible put a threath about cars and circuits for the next contest.

Hi i"am akiraacecombat, i been in the last time attack with the GT-R(lap time(R3/R3)(tsc-off)(pro phisics)(mt)(nurburgring 6:57:23), i managed to get great times but unfortunetly i couldnt keep the track of gt planet for a long while, so now i have more time and i want to know if any of you guys will organize a brand new contest, when you finish this one and if it is possible put a threath about cars and circuits for the next contest.

I'll be hosting the next Time Attack season, so when this season is done, I'll post the new thread. You can still join us for the remainder of this season! The next challenge here will be in the Honda NSX Type S '01.

Also, happy birthday Detroitbb! :dunce:
(let's just pretend that's a drunk guy in a party hat)

Hi guys ! Do you mind sharing your tunings once the challenge is over ? It would be a good way to learn. What do you think ?
Here's my tuning for the Mazda Roadster 1800 on Trail Mountian -

R' Height F/R -20/-18
S' Rate F/R 3/8
Damper F/R 3/8
Toe F/R -35/+35
C' Angle F/R 2.5/2.5]

Did anybody else have the Toe like mine?

Last edited:
Challenge # 8 (02/10/2010 - 02/12/2010)
Honda NSX Type S '01 (S1/S1)
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca / Forward

Sorry for the late update, updating times right now.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everybody!

I'd also like to wish a very happy B-Day to psp88 & easyblast's significant others!

:)

Welcome, akiraacecombat!

OK, Honda NSX Type S '01 (S1/S1) drivers phisic pro , tcs off, ass of and gear AT rigth, all rigth i"ll do my best, as well happy birthday Detroitbb!:):):)

Back