GT Planet WRC League

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 649 comments
Starting tomorrow morning and running for 2 days is a single stage event on Monte Carlo using Rally1 class cars. We will be taking on the stage that hosted the real Monte Carlo rally’s 3rd and 6th stage, St Leger les Melezes - La Batie Neuve.

Enjoy.
Oh yes, I do enjoy that stage. Should be fun.

When is S2 going to start?
I’m pretty busy lately but I hope to be ready as I need a lot of practice.

Polls close tomorrow in terms of S2 voting and I’ll then build the series. I anticipate maybe a Friday start. So just under a week.

So......it's gonna be a 8 rounds, once a week, 30 minutes rallies, with WRC scoring (with power Stages), using the S1600 category.

I think I said all :sly::P
Yep, this is how the polls have ended. Should be interesting, the S1600 cars are a blast.

Yep, this is how the polls have ended. Should be interesting, the S1600 cars are a blast.
I feel that S1600 are more instable than S2000.Also they seem to me pretty difficult to drive eventhough they have less power maybe its because they arent four wheeldrive.Or maybe it is because I ran the cars stock.

I spy with my little eye that we'll gonna start Tomorrow :sly:

I'm gonna do it in the Saxo, BTW; I've even made a custom livery :D

P.s. Yes, I mistakenly said the wrong date 3 times :crazy::lol:

Last edited:
I think picking the C2 was a mistake on my behalf, I couldn't stay anywhere near the pace of the top runners. That said I always find the Portugal stages somewhat of a challenge, I just can't quite find a rhythm on them. Should have probably done some pre-season testing before diving in :lol:

I chose the Clio cause it had the coolest livery. Then I saw @MagpieRacer destroy my times an decided to try the puma.Much nicer I think it turns much easier. I also need a lot of practice my track racing abilities haven’t been pretty useful so far and going totally blind to the last stages without trying rain before wasn’t a good idea

Last edited:
I rage quit on stage 3. After a puncture (90 secs) I missed a turn and got a further 30 second penalty. The toys and the dummy went out of the pram.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 224942.png

I rage quit on stage 3. After a puncture (9 missed a turn and got a further 30 second penalty. The toys and the dummy went out of the pram.

View attachment 1325740
I went straight on in the village on stage 3 instead of turning right, and nearly killed a group of Portuguese spectators. Luckily, I was able to reverse and get the hell out of there before they all beat me up.

Oh ****, they know my numberplate :scared: :lol:

I struggle in this game, every car AND every surface handles hugely differently and it takes me a whole stage to learn car X on surface Y each time i get a different combination.

I went straight on in the village on stage 3 instead of turning right, and nearly killed a group of Portuguese spectators.
I killed them then had my tantrum :lol:
I decided to finish the event anyway. Turned out my wheel was set to my F1 profile but I'm not going to blame that.

Last edited:
I stubbornly decided to stick with the C2 even though it’s a bit twitchy with a controller.

Ended up:

-rolling once at high speed and getting away with it
-sliding off the road and clipping the only spectator within miles
-sliding off the road twice and getting cut penalties both times

17 seconds total punishment 😐

Interestingly most of the twitch problems this rally were under braking, rather than steering-induced as in the previous round. New to the game and still working on my settings.

I thought the S1600's would understeer like crazy in Sweden but it was enjoyable enough. I can still hear the sound of the Clio screaming and bouncing off the limiter in my head. 🤤

I got my run done early. It's less depressing when there's only one person above you on the leaderboard and not 20 ... :lol:

A bit flaky for me this time around, I was using the dashboard cam until stage 3 but the lighting for that run was horrendous, I could barely make out the road and the snowdrifts on the sides were essentially invisible. Definitely better in bonnet cam but that was after rolling the Clio over. 🤕

As for how I ended up with a 30s penalty on the power stage... :irked:

A bit flaky for me this time around, I was using the dashboard cam until stage 3 but the lighting for that run was horrendous, I could barely make out the road and the snowdrifts on the sides were essentially invisible. Definitely better in bonnet cam but that was after rolling the Clio over. 🤕

As for how I ended up with a 30s penalty on the power stage... :irked:

I think that's where I went off but I drove through the trees until I saw a gap in the barrier. It cost me some time but not 30s.

I think that's where I went off but I drove through the trees until I saw a gap in the barrier. It cost me some time but not 30s.
It's another one of those instances of the penalty system seeming a bit random, I was tempted to drive alongside the barrier but I was fairly sure that would result in at least 1 corner cut and I hoped a quick reset would result in a 10 second penalty at most (judging from past experience as I was close to the road).

That said I was really pushing for the bonus points, ultimately got a little too greedy on that corner and paid the price...

Did my run in Mexico, video available tomorrow ;) In the meantime I noticed that next is Corsica, so I decided in my Cabel Club Weekly to do sort of a practice event, so if you need practice you can go there, starting tomorrow :D

Back